xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Thanks thermaltreasure!

xdVh90W.jpg

KyNgt12.jpg

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
How is the delay on those vewlix monitors? Seems they were all designed around games that don't require precise frame inputs.

Like, could you competently play DDPDOJ for high scores on it or would you need something less laggy?

I tested it with a ps3 and a x360. Only lag I ever noticed was in Final Fight Double Impact. I played Radiant Silvergun, Ikaruga, Persona 4 Arena, Guwange, and Aki Katana. Didn't notice any lag on those, even got further on Ikaurga than normal.

3rdStrikeMike

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
I bought a pair of these Emio advantage joysticks for the Nes Classic awhile ago. The parts in it suck but it's an easy button and joystick swap with the jlf. The wiring is exactly the same. The only thing I had to do was bend the pushbutton tabs a little to fit into the case.

I approve of all Sanwa button and joystick swaps! I love the way it looks. After using Sanwa sticks and buttons for playing fighting games all the time everything else feels like complete garbage.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
LOL, the need for a JLF with NES games...lol.

It's not about the need for JLF but the need to replace what's already there. I made a NES stick with left over parts from a madcatz stick, the stick was a knock off, it does the job though, I've 1CCed a few game with it so the performance is there, however this Emio knock off stick is pretty shitty, that much I can assure you, same for the buttons. It's a straight swap and a nice case to boot, having the knowledge and the availability to do it, it would be stupid not to.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
^beautiful mod!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

yeah seriously pretty. I cant imagine the need for it given the simplicity of most NES games but more precision is almost always a good thing.

Not to mention that a stock Advantage is basically junk.

coreykun667

Galford's Armourer
So close to pulling the trigger on one of these. Just need to find one for a decent price. Nice game scoops as well. All CD systems need more love :)

I bought a controller for it a couple months ago, and then once I knew I was getting the console, I had to find a PSU for it since it was being sold with no cables. Found a pretty cool guy on Facebook that sold me a PSU for it though, so I'm happy. Now I just need some actual games for this. :lolz: Heard burned games are an EXTREMELY HUGE no-no for these.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
NGCD prices have gone bonkers over the last 2 years or so on the non-fighters. It's still the cheapest way to play many of the shmups, though. League Bowling is still pretty cheap too and that's a great one.

gtmartini

Rugal's Thug
I bought a controller for it a couple months ago, and then once I knew I was getting the console, I had to find a PSU for it since it was being sold with no cables. Found a pretty cool guy on Facebook that sold me a PSU for it though, so I'm happy. Now I just need some actual games for this. :lolz: Heard burned games are an EXTREMELY HUGE no-no for these.

This was my first NG, thanks to it I got addicted to Neo Geo lol. I got mine in the box, but the last owner didn't take enough care and it looked bat, but I gave it a big care and now It is looking better. I use backup games, I have 7 originals but most got corroded and I don't use them. No problem until now and works fine, the NGCDZ has problems reading the backup, only originals works well.

gtmartini

Rugal's Thug
Now I'm getting the arcade sticks for the newer consoles. This one is very well made, but I think it is a little small. It is all micro-switched and works well on PS3 and PS4 20170605_181433.jpg

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
I bought a pair of these Emio advantage joysticks for the Nes Classic awhile ago. The parts in it suck but it's an easy button and joystick swap with the jlf. The wiring is exactly the same. The only thing I had to do was bend the pushbutton tabs a little to fit into the case.

Before:
View attachment 45140
View attachment 45141

After with Jlf with diamond mesh ball top and sanwa buttons with clear rim:
View attachment 45142
View attachment 45143

Great job! That all grey looks really slick.

Got a pic of the inside with the original parts?

blakeb8111

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Great job! That all grey looks really slick.

Got a pic of the inside with the original parts?

Thanks, everyone. @NGT, the pic shown is the original inside. It looks exactly the same before and after, the joystick and buttons are direct drop in replacements. The only difference is the quick connect tabs on the sanwa buttons had to bent over to the side a little, they were slightly longer that the original buttons. If you want a pic let me know.

3rdStrikeMike

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
NGCD prices have gone bonkers over the last 2 years or so on the non-fighters. It's still the cheapest way to play many of the shmups, though. League Bowling is still pretty cheap too and that's a great one.

I may have to go that route for the shmups. I'm such a sucker for any shmup.

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
Thanks, everyone. @NGT, the pic shown is the original inside. It looks exactly the same before and after, the joystick and buttons are direct drop in replacements. The only difference is the quick connect tabs on the sanwa buttons had to bent over to the side a little, they were slightly longer that the original buttons. If you want a pic let me know.

Awesome! And no, that's good. I thought maybe you had to wire/solder those wires/connects in. Thanks for the info! Much appreciated!

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member

That's a hellava lot easier than trying to do this mod with a real NES Advantage.

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Got this setup yesterday.

=http://s944.photobucket.com/user/klanderson21/media/20170606_210833_zps2opurqji.jpg.html]

Last edited:

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Got this setup yesterday.

=http://s944.photobucket.com/user/klanderson21/media/20170606_210833_zps2opurqji.jpg.html]http://i944.photobucket.com[/QUOTE]

[URL=http://s944.photobucket.com/user/klanderson21/media/20170606_210833_zps2opurqji.jpg.html][IMG]http://i944.photobucket.com/albums/ad284/klanderson21/20170606_210833_zps2opurqji.jpg[/URL]

Looks awesome bro. Been using mine since forever and it has never let me down, built like tanks and those sticks are a dream to play on. Congrats on your purchase. Did you get the Scart cable yet?

Last edited:

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member

Looks awesome bro. Been using mine since forever and it has never let me down, built like tanks and those sticks are a dream to play on. Congrats on your purchase. Did you get the Scart cable yet?

Damn, photobucket is such a piece of shit. Don't know how that photo posted.

Hey bro no the cable is out of stock, going to see if James can build me one. The composite is absolute shit just used it yesterday to try out all my boards so hopefully he can fab me one up with my harness.

Last edited: