The New Fitness thread

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
i'm so embarrassed of my legs

absolutely no idea how to add mass to my calves

i got chicken legs, guys, is what i'm getting at

If it's just calves, you can (and have to) best them up to make them grow. They are very genetically predispositioned to be a certain size, too. :(

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
Do any of you fitness gurus have an opinion on rowing machines? I have zero workout equipment and want something that doesn't take up a lot of space and can work the entire body. Would that fit the bill? I was looking at these water rowers because they look like they store pretty easily by standing them up.

My goals are pretty much to get a good cardio workout and I hate running.

Last edited:

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
No one exercise will hit all your muscles. That's impossible.

I personally have never used one, but you're right: it would be cardio. I would say, get yourself some free weights. They will take up as much room, and you'll be able to do a lot more body parts with almost limitless exercises. Doing the same exercise over and over will make your body adapt to it and not improve anymore.

MilkManX

I Love Frames!,
Do any of you fitness gurus have an opinion on rowing machines? I have zero workout equipment and want something that doesn't take up a lot of space and can work the entire body. Would that fit the bill? I was looking at these water rowers because they look like they store pretty easily by standing them up.

My goals are pretty much to get a good cardio workout and I hate running.

Tabata Sets on a rower is a great workout.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
i have a rower but i haven't used it in a while (got a decent one crazy cheap on craigslist)

you can tone your arms, back, legs up a bit with it along with the cardio boost

i personally just don't like the whole sitting down aspect

i need to move around a lot in my workouts

the more bending/twisting/jumping i do the better

Last edited:

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Does anybody on the boards have experience with CrossFit?

Last edited:

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
No, I prefer my exercise to serve a purpose and not to do as an activity for no reason. lol

I scream everytime I see these guys do pull ups. Such shit form.

El Maricon Loco

Galford's Poppy Trainer,
Just an update bro's - got in some mean reps last night, squatted a heinous amout of weight. Hit up the GNC on the way home and dropped about $180 on my monthly supps. Sucking a PsychoRip protein shake right now to help calm me down from my Animal Cuts. I'm so jacked right now I could lift a bus. Fuck it, see you bro's later gotta go flip some tires.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
No, I prefer my exercise to serve a purpose and not to do as an activity for no reason. lol

I scream everytime I see these guys do pull ups. Such shit form.

Spike... I'm having A tray of kebab meat... chips... and a sausage from the local chippy...

TRUST me pal... I'm working those Abs like a mofo....

xROTx

PS. I'm also exercising my wrists... later tonight...

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
switched up my routine to high rep low weight on these groups in this order:

1. front & back of thighs
2. buttocks
3. back
4. chest
5. triceps & biceps
6. calves
7. hips
8. forearms
9. shoulders
10. abs & obliques

followed by 30 minutes of interval training on the elliptical (30 second sprint 2 minute jog)

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
You do all of these in one night? Do you not lift every day, and if so, how do you not give yourself time to rebuild muscle? This split you're doing is like picking a scab every day.... you're not gonna have ample time to heal?

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Since we have brought this thread back, here's my second try at posing practice for my physique comp.

It's not bodybuilding, but physique... so you pose, but not really. Just hands on hips and turning your body a bit.

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
Goddamn, those triceps are huge.

Also wanted to say thanks to Average Joe for the video links on stretching a while back. I found some good ones on the guy's page and it's definitely made a huge difference, especially for warming up when there's still some residual tightness.

Makes me feel like a colossal idiot for not putting more thought into it before.
:loco:

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
Stay far away form Cross Fit and their strange cult.

Looks like a good way to injure yourself AND not work your muscles properly.

Shawn

snkusa.com
Xfit is all about mastering the kip. Watch and learn grasshoppers:

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Kip up pull ups are like playing Dance Dance Revolution with a controller.

When I see people in the gym doing them, I stop what I'm doing and point them out to others to make fun if them. They look like salmon going upstream to lay their eggs.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
You do all of these in one night? Do you not lift every day, and if so, how do you not give yourself time to rebuild muscle? This split you're doing is like picking a scab every day.... you're not gonna have ample time to heal?
Routine is all groups every other day, with very low weight. 30 minute elliptical interval runs everyday. On the off days ill do just basic body weight calisthetics, push-ups, sit-ups, pull-ups, chinups, planks, squats, lunges, burpees.

Last edited:

Mac91

I wonder if anyone saved my dickpic?
10 Year Member
I want to start running as I have the beginnings of a beer belly, it's pretty noticeable. I read that doing sit-ups is a waste of time as it will just build up muscle behind the fat. So cardio is what I have read is the best thing. Any runners in here know anything about what shoes to get? Any cheap options?

Heath

, cheyne stoking
With trainers it depends on what terrain you'll be running?

Since i only fell run, i wear the lightest/flexible trainers i can get, if running on roads I'd suggest a tougher trainer like the Nike Free range.

I wear these at the minute, they used to retail at around £90 but think you can get them for around £40 now

http://hellohealthyme.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/minimus.jpg

New Balance Minimus

Last edited:

MilkManX

I Love Frames!,
Does anybody on the boards have experience with CrossFit?

It can be very hit or miss. MOST Crossfit gyms have poor coaches and people just chase reps without knowing proper form.

Find a GYM that has a certified CSCS if you want to really learn how to do Olympic Lifts properly or an SFG/RKC certified intructor.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
I want to start running as I have the beginnings of a beer belly, it's pretty noticeable. I read that doing sit-ups is a waste of time as it will just build up muscle behind the fat. So cardio is what I have read is the best thing. Any runners in here know anything about what shoes to get? Any cheap options?
your goal is to reduce visceral fat, the fat between your organs. 15 minutes of weight lifting will burn the same amount as 1 hour of cardio. watch your diet strictly, no fast food, no soda or artificial juice no liquid calories no alcohol, no egg yolk or whole milk. weight train your lower body as the largest muscles are there and when doing cardio do intervals, this revs up your metabolism and will cause you to burn calories after excersize. results will follow as you build muscle body fat will lower

Last edited:

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
It can be very hit or miss. MOST Crossfit gyms have poor coaches and people just chase reps without knowing proper form. Find a GYM that has a certified CSCS if you want to really learn how to do Olympic Lifts properly or an SFG/RKC certified intructor.

Thanks guys. I wanted to know if it was worth my time or not.