Record collecting

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Ugh, I just got rid of a gang of video game STs, kept the Yuzo Koshiro stuff, Outrun and Rez. There's just so much gimmicky bullshit. No-one even listens to it, they just buy, take a picture to share and circle jerk each other.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Ugh, I just got rid of a gang of video game STs, kept the Yuzo Koshiro stuff, Outrun and Rez. There's just so much gimmicky bullshit. No-one even listens to it, they just buy, take a picture to share and circle jerk each other.

i agree, i havent gotten rid of mine but i limit my gaming soundtrack purchases to ones that i actually enjoy or bring back great nostalgic memories.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
And Justice for All has always illuded me.

Black Album, No Problem. Bought it at a record shop in 1998 for a stunning $20
Found Garage Re-Revistied at a thrift in either 99 or 2000.
Paid a fair amount for canadian versions of Kill and Ride in toronto 1999 but was bouyed by an out of whack exchange rate.
Have had a few copies of MOP. The first (and my keeper copy) came in a buyout of someone who liked to exploit the Columbia Record Club.

Load is a great ROCK album. I would be more than happy to have a copy should I come across one.

Last edited:

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi
And Justice for All has always illuded me.

Black Album, No Problem. Bought it at a record shop in 1998 for a stunning $20
Found Garage Re-Revistied at a thrift in either 99 or 2000.
Paid a fair amount for canadian versions of Kill and Ride in toronto 1999 but was bouyed by an out of whack exchange rate.
Have had a few copies of MOP. The first (and my keeper copy) came in a buyout of someone who liked to exploit the Columbia Record Club.

Load is a great ROCK album. I would be more than happy to have a copy should I come across one.

We have an AJFA reprint sealed at work for $26

Kill ‘Em All ‘83 megaforce originals go for something like $140 NM and $100-$120 VG+
In 15 years, LULU is going to go for bank.

It was Lou Reed’s final album after all

Last edited:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Kill ‘Em All ‘83 megaforce originals go for something like $140 NM and $100-$120 VG+

One of my fellow pickers had one at <$100 in beautiful shape on his discogs page. I was going to suggest a trade (he buys a lot from me) but he sold it. I probably paid about $20 ea USD for mine. I have since scratched it up pretty bad. I will probably get the current re-release. I also have the black Fade to Black 12" Promo. And the Eye of the Beholder. My free Juke also came with the One/Eye of the Beholder. 45.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Friday night drinking game: Do a shot every time norton mentions a dollar amount.

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
Friday night drinking game: Do a shot every time norton mentions a dollar amount.

Well, it's been nice knowing everyone. That's not a game anymore, it's just suicide.

The only great load in this thread is your defense of that terrible album.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member

Kinda feeling this, I only get stuff I really have a thing for now and I haven't got a data disc release in a grip cause idgaf about what they're pumping out. I'm also guilty of taking the circle jerk pics

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Now I know FOR A FACT that you didn't listen to it.

He meant it's a great ROCK album to hump. He will tell us how much he bought it for and how much he made on the sale. That's not flippin', that's humpin'!

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I don't know about you guys but where I live, people say "Hump" or "Busting Hump" as a verb for hard work. Sorry if you guys are on some Juvenile shit.

Now I know FOR A FACT that you didn't listen to it.

Ohh, I was rather disappointed when I first heard it. But age time goes on, I appreciate it more. Until It Sleeps, King Nothing, Hero of the Day, Bleeding Me. Great hard rock songs.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Anyways since you guys are such fans of soundtracks, I thought I'd post a soundtrack that I just picked up.

I also added these to my collection. :

(Swedish Red Vinyl)

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Picked up some Metallica this week. All this talk of poor albums made me go buy good ones.

6df832b718e2dc708eb4db50cf109ec1.jpg

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi
Picked up some Metallica this week. All this talk of poor albums made me go buy good ones.

6df832b718e2dc708eb4db50cf109ec1.jpg

I don't mean to throw him under the bus, but I find Cliff Burton to be a pretty overrated bass player.

lol

In all seriousness tho which do you like better, lightening or puppets? I think lightening has a more satisfying sound and production overall.. puppets sounds rather “hollow” at times.

Lightening has the most audible bass of any of their early ones I think..

Last edited:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Ride is faster, mostly due to Mustaine's guitar work. Puppets has a good flow imo and feels more like a journey.