Behold!!! New found SEGA arcade Tate shmup Proto - Now w/ gameplay vid

bulbousbeard

Iconic Romhacker Analinguist
I also want to thank you guys for sharing this with the world instead of hoarding/cashing in on it. That was very kind of you.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
I'll echo the thankful sentiments others have offered. Well done guys, it shows character. I'm glad to know that it was 2 Neo-Geo.com members who did this.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
SOME Dumbass... just pm'ed me about this thread... asking for a sticky...

I will do it... but I will also take more attention of you guys... this could end badly:D

xROTx

PS. I also unstickied a thread... what Rot giveth... Rot Taketh away....

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
Just wanted to thank all your kind words towards ourselves.

I'm glad all the 3 of us were on the same page about this, we just wanted to share this with everybody and see you hyped with a new oldschool shmup release.

I couldn't sleep at night, at 7AM in the morning (Sunday) i was already up dumping the ROMS :lolz:

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
SOME Dumbass... just pm'ed me about this thread... asking for a sticky...

I will do it... but I will also take more attention of you guys... this could end badly:D

xROTx

PS. I also unstickied a thread... what Rot giveth... Rot Taketh away....

You smell like gay ass roses.
And also did the right thing.

PS: Send Di Maria a hug from me.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
This is awesome. Congrats, and thanks to you three. Things seldom work out like they did in this thread, but kudos for taking a chance on these badly neglected boards and coming up with a gem. The music, alone, is killer on the video you uploaded. So glad this isn't being horded and is being given to the MAME community. I'm in the same boat as you all... If I ever did stumble on something like this, there's no way I could just keep it to myself :D Glad people will be able to enjoy this game, the way the developer's originally intended.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
You smell like gay ass roses.
And also did the right thing.

PS: Send Di Maria a hug from me.

Lucky we have been friends for a LONG time... you know I hate pm's...

Anyway, GREAT find lads... my fee is 10% of all sales:D

xROTx

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
Anyway, GREAT find lads... my fee is 10% of all sales:D

xROTx

No sales intended :shame:. But as i told you before on chat, and i think i can speak for Atro too:
When you visit Portugal, dinner is on us!

Edit- on second thought, 1Up will have to "sponsor" the dinner aswell :keke:

Last edited:

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
No sales intended :shame:. But as i told you before on chat, and i think i can speak for Atro too:
When you visit Portugal, dinner is on us!

Edit- on second thought, 1Up will have to "sponsor" the dinner aswell.

Thank You...

I shall bear that in mind... My Jan wants us to go to Nice, France next year... but Portugal is a defo maybe the year after...

We went to Madeira and loved it.... maybe somewhere on the mainland is next....

Anyway, I shall stay on topic and say this was a GREAT find lads... i mean... it's like digging in a field outside your house and finding a Roman Treasure chest.... AWESOME!!!

xROTx

PS. I'd accept 5%:(

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Man I want to find a dead system 18 board now so I can get my body ready! Btw, if I see any boards of this on eBay I will report it and let you guys know to push for rights.

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
Btw, if I see any boards of this on eBay I will report it and let you guys know to push for rights.

We talked about that possibilty, there is always a smartass looking for some easy profit. Let's hope not.

1up

Galford's Armourer
yes we discussed that before sharing the roms, it's something we cannot avoid and surely will happen. We will keep an eye though.

Funny thing is, this was the last board i negotiated with the op. I was negotiating 4 pcb's that had problems, haggling the price and than i just remembered the system18 board and added to the lot. It was a tough negotiation, we were discussing a difference of 5 euros for the lot for about 10 minutes, lol.
It's an adventure negotiating with these guys. Almost all of them are weird, always talking bullshit about their stuff(that they were expensive and have millions of people interested). Sad thing is, we all now that almost of this stuff will end up in the trash when we turn our back.

Another cool lesson, never leave any "suspicious" game behind.

indierocklocks

Geese's Thug
Damn congrats on such a crazy find! I was reading this and thinking this story had an AF3 stank about it at first, but to see you guys decide to dump the ROM and not be assholes about it makes me feel all fuzzy. Look forward to giving the game a try...some of the playstation Santos games look pretty good too!

You guys planning on a second trip back? or did you clean the guy out of everything worth while?

1up

Galford's Armourer
You guys planning on a second trip back? or did you clean the guy out of everything worth while?

There were around 50 bootleg pcb's and only half dozen original games(the ones we bought). The place is full of old woody cabs.
From what i can remember the only original cab was a SCI dedicated cabinet that looked to be in fair condition.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
There were around 50 bootleg pcb's and only half dozen original games(the ones we bought). The place is full of old woody cabs.
From what i can remember the only original cab was a SCI dedicated cabinet that looked to be in fair condition.

And a Super Hang On board too.

bulletnyourass

noble trader
1up,

Thanks for sharing with the community. I don't own any cabs or arcade equipment...but I'm glad that you shared with my fellow members that are. I was curious...why are you not going to clean the board? Is it because there are fragile parts that wont survive the cleaning process?

Phillip

I have talked with atro and _rm_.
The dumps are going to be released. The files are going to be send to the user system11.

The original board is going to remain untouched in my collection, as is. No cleaning. :)

Although i pay the board, credits should be given to the three of us for this find.
I'm glad we had our contribution to the arcade community, hope all of you can enjoy the game.

@system11, give some update when you publish the roms.

1up

Galford's Armourer
1up,

Thanks for sharing with the community. I don't own any cabs or arcade equipment...but I'm glad that you shared with my fellow members that are. I was curious...why are you not going to clean the board? Is it because there are fragile parts that wont survive the cleaning process?

Phillip

It's not because of the cleaning process, most of my boards are cleaned with water and some cleaning product, never had problems with that.
I guess, it's kind of a symbolic thing. I want to look at the board and remember just the way we found her, weird i know.
The board will be protected in an antistatic bag inside a cardboard box, separated from the rusty mainboard wich i will also keep and it will eventually get played when i find a working system18 pcb.

Last edited:

aaronjmill

Zero's Secretary
this is fantastic, i'm really glad someone with character found this game and shared it with everyone. as a shmup and sega fan, THANK YOU!!!