Behold!!! New found SEGA arcade Tate shmup Proto - Now w/ gameplay vid

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
+1 for legendary thread! Shooties are my favorite, and we are lucky to be included in this find. Thanks so much, fellas!

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
Too fuzzy, can't see :(

If it was easy it wouldn't be funny. I didn't do it on purpose, i just needed something to hold the mobile phone, i just noticed it when i saw the video for the first time,lol.

Hint - It's a Shmup and its an Xbox360 version.

1up

Galford's Armourer
I have talked with atro and _rm_.
The dumps are going to be released. The files are going to be send to the user system11.

The original board is going to remain untouched in my collection, as is. No cleaning. :)

Although i pay the board, credits should be given to the three of us for this find.
I'm glad we had our contribution to the arcade community, hope all of you can enjoy the game.

@system11, give some update when you publish the roms.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Finally we came up with a consensus.

I hope it'll be fast until everyone can play this game on MAME.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I'm thinking that game from the colors is either
A: Akai Katana
B: Raiden IV

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
I'm thinking that game from the colors is either
A: Akai Katana
B: Raiden IV

Nope, another hint:
It's a limited edition box, the regular edition is way different. And i'm sure you own it. Maybe you even have the PCB, note sure...

Last edited:

system11

Shmups Overlord, ,
Thanks to the guys, the ROMs have now been submitted for inclusion in MAME. You'll be able to read about it on Haze's blog when it gets added.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Nope, another hint:
It's a limited edition box, the regular edition is way different. And i'm sure you own it. Maybe you even have the PCB, note sure...

The only thought i have is DFK.

julencin2000

Dodgeball Yakuza
This thread is awesome material, so good. Congratulations to my fellow Iberian peninsula neighbours.

May I ask for the link of Haze's blog?

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
I will end the off-topic here and you guys curiosity aswell:

It's Saidaioujou limited edition, it was on the nearest shelf and was the first thing i could grab.

This one

Dodonpachi_Saidaioujou_Super_Limited_Edition_291763.7.jpg

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Dump that ASAP, even if you don't release the ROMs yet. You don't want one to fail while you're testing and playing around with it, because then it will be gone forever.

I agree, dump it as soon as possible.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
I agree, dump it as soon as possible.

Came late on this one Santa ;)

It was the first thing _rm_ did just after we found out the game.
Couldn't let that happen. Now that would be shocking!

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Thanks guys for sharing the rom, you rock! It's good to know that everyone isn't like that dumb ass Billy Shit in the proto world :buttrock:

I'm not sure why but when I first saw the demo video, I've thought the helicopter would turn like the one in Under Defeat. I couldn't wait to see some actual gameplay footoage to be sure.

Thanks for the new video. This game really looks like some kind of Under Defeat prequel.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Thanks guys for sharing the rom, you rock! It's good to know that everyone isn't like that dumb ass Billy Shit in the proto world :buttrock:

I'm not sure why but when I first saw the demo video, I've thought the helicopter would turn like the one in Under Defeat. I couldn't wait to see some actual gameplay footoage to be sure.

Thanks for the new video. This game really looks like some kind of Under Defeat prequel.

I noticed that rotation as well, pretty cool seeing as it came out like 15 years before UD. Perhaps one of the G.REV guys worked on this and wanted to do a spiritual sucessor? I mean they kinda did that with metal black and border down right?

big props to the portuguese crew for this find! and also very cool to share so quickly as well, thank you guys!

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
Wow, that's pretty cool of you guys. The system 18 is a pretty powerful system so it will be cool to see what this is like.

Side Note: Good lord clean that PCB lol

EllertMichael

Mickey's Coach
Woah! This is awesome!!
Looks like Thunder Dragon 1.5 :buttrock:
diggin' the music so far, too

Great job, guys! Thanks for this :)