What's your ethnic make up?

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I'm German, Scotch-irish, and Norwegian. In other words, as white as it gets.

Does your ethnic make-up influence your music tastes and food tastes?

For me, it does and I don't even think about it. I listen to German bands like Rammstein, Kraftwerk, and KMFDM. I listen to norwegian bands like Apoptygma Berserk, and Icon of Coil. I eat sausage, but that's about it.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
I eat sausage, but that's about it.

Hmmm :lol:

PS...German...
PPS...Scottish...
PPPS...cracker...

:thevt: <== since when has this been call "theVT"?

Last edited:

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
M騁is/Cree and Ukrainian. I do love aboriginal art, music, and culture,many french recipes from deep in the Qu饕ecois farmland like c?ate and tourti鑽e, gypsy jazz (Django Reinhardt was incredible!), and pierogies.

Where you come from does influence who you are which can of course be good, but doesn't necessarily have to define you unless you want it to. One of the great things about meeting people from different backgrounds is the exposure to things you never would have discovered otherwise.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
isn't ''I eat sausage'' more of a German than Norwegian thing?

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
My daughter had to fill out a form that asked about ethnicity. She checked the "Other" box and wrote "American".

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
I have always wanted to try something like Ancestry.com Anyone here ever use it?

To the best of my knowledge, I'm mostly British and Welsh.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I have always wanted to try something like Ancestry.com Anyone here ever use it?

It's great for white people/Americans. Horrible for others unless there was a time that individual came to the US or helped the US military.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member

My dad has and tracked his side back to Nuremberg +/- 1695. There's also a family tradition of the first male of each generation gets the middle name of Enoch, makes tracing back a little easier.

Last edited:

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
1/3 British
1/3 American
1/3 stupid bitch...

Whitey, but...
Hate white musics and foods...

It's all reggae, hip hop and currys for me.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Very Irish on my mom's side and very Scottish on my dad's side.

Basically, white as fuck. Seriously. It's my last name I'm so white.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Nazi. I totally roll with it too. White people are simply superior to everybody else. :cool:

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Mostly English/Scottish except for one of my grandfathers, he is Greek, Italian and French.

It doesn't really influence me in a conscious way, I don't look to enjoy specifically English or Greek things for example but I feel a connection to Europe. That's probably because half of my grandparents emigrated from Europe in the 50's and their stories, food, culture have probably influenced me as I was growing up.

Last edited:

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I am pure bred English with no contaminants of any kind and enter myself as such each year at Crufts.

I drink tea, eat white bread and roast beef and listen exclusively to Phil Collins.

Only a couple of fat men with beards in dresses can make me laugh.

herb

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
According to my grandparents I'm German, Irish, Spanish, and Native American. I feel that's too brown for Greg :(

AlexKidd86

Overtop Pathfinder
I'm Irish, Scottish, French and a wee bit of Native American. I suppose the Irish influences me the most as I do listen to a lot of folk music and drink a lot of Guinness.