SKATE NEEDS A HOME "FIRE SALE" PRICE CHECK.

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Hmmm.... dat PGM stuffs. And mebbe League Bowling as well...

If you don't have peeps lined up for thems, lemme know.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
Still summing stuff up, livetweet:

Offer on table

finanace machine not broke

401k withdraw I thought was completely impossible was like.... oh ok.

So that changes a lot and I know the people who need to understand, do. I may let some grails go but I don't have to and I'm sorry for any whirlwind.

Again, good spot, etc.... if you're not willing to risk it all it's not right ;)

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
73   0   0

Offer on table

So that changes a lot and I know the people who need to understand, do. I may let some grails go but I don't have to and I'm sorry for any whirlwind.

Again, good spot, etc.... if you're not willing to risk it all it's not right ;)

Are you able to withdraw from the 401k because you qualify as a first-time homebuyer?

3rdStrikeMike

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Since it's 5 AM and you deserve this laugh, here is how I have to get my shit to the main floor to escape the townhouse dungeon of awesome:

Blast city: monitor removal, CP removal, split the shell if I want to. Honestly not too bad, blasts are great for this.

Neo Woody: FUCK MY LIFE. but, monitor removal, prayer, and I remember the only way it fits. "fits" is technically correct in the most futurama of ways.

2x net city: These are just silly. but I already had this place locked, so they had to get down, and they'll get up. I don't have to fully disassemble, but if I want to skip the side rail removal (I REALLY DO) it's a hilarious process. Remove front shroud. Disconnect as needed to/as accomplish removal of back shield. Free monitor and remove it. Set aside. Secure cables, empty PCB bay, and keep all of the cabs arms and legs inside the ride. Now approach the basement stairs, If the monitor were in the cab, it's facing the person walking up backwards. They have to lift their end, the bottom of the cab, higher than the "top" of the cab which is now "bottom stair persons" life. At the top, the PCB bay rolls 90 degrees clockwise (from "downstair persons life view) to allow it to swing into my living room. Rest of the cab follows from a birds eye view rotation of an L tetris piece. Reassemble and drink a lot of beer.

The fact that I'm about to do all that, I hope, tells you all it's the right house. Once I reassemble the basement arcade on the main floor, we're out, and it's the movers problem to move them safely unless you dudes tell me to move them (I know how to tell them to move them, but experiences welcomed if I should just uhaul the 4 cabs. it's a 2 hr drive and I don't care cost wise on that spot).

That's some high level Tetris action lol. I moved my Capcom Impress 4 times via Uhaul before I sold it earlier this year. I wrapped it with a soft blanket and a large comforter. After that I wrapped it in plastic wrap a bunch of times. Then I just used the wheels on the back to roll it up the built in ramp. I usually had to get a larger truck, so it had a wide enough ramp to not scrape the sides. After that I just made sure it was tucked in there tightly between some stuff with couch pillows in between. It never suffered any damage on any of my moves.

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
Rating - 100%
28   0   0

Offer on table

Nice that you don't have to let stuffs go now if ya don't want to.

skate323k137

10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
Are you able to withdraw from the 401k because you qualify as a first-time homebuyer?

Yes, company just added it last year and that stopped this fire sale, for my better, and I suppose for all of our better aside from some dudes who saw grails I may or may not sell them. That's why I like this place.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Yes, company just added it last year and that stopped this fire sale, for my better, and I suppose for all of our better aside from some dudes who saw grails I may or may not sell them. That's why I like this place.

Good to know that it's a no hassle deal. I always wondered if the banks give you a hard time for withdrawing even if you qualify.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
Rating - 100%
16   0   0

Congratulations on the progress!

skate323k137

10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
Good to know that it's a no hassle deal. I always wondered if the banks give you a hard time for withdrawing even if you qualify.

I asked and he said "duh bitch, no it doesn't hurt lol" in professional talk. I have realistically 25-50% I can withdraw "safely" and my penalty is only that I can't contribute and get a match for 6 months.

The deal on this house... that's quite literally a "good penalty" in hockey talk.

Quoting my OP here for lolz and posterity before I edit it.

Alright boys. This talk has some... PRE REQUS:

Married, not divorced. Our place sucks and so do our neighbors. My rent is 2x my target morgtage to live somewhere better both physically and geographically.

Target house listed and I'm focusing sights.

REALISTICALLY I may only need to sell my MVS carts (multi or groovy mame... sorry childhood lol). Some PGM may be on the line, and even a cab or some shooties depending what I want my loan payment to look like.

IM NOT GETTING OUT OF THE HOBBY I JUST WANT A NEW HOUSE. PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD RESPECT THAT.

NOTHING IS FOR SALE YET, BUT IT WILL BE ONCE I CAN PIRCE IT FAIRLY AND OR GIVE THE PEOPLE -HERE- WHO SOLD IT TO ME A FAIR SHOT AT GETTING THEIR GRAILS BACK. IF THIS PISSES YOU OFF.... GOOD, get fucked.

Community members, if you can help or want to "donate" (redacted) no real donations and re-read the above paragraphs till you like why.

Now, on to shit on the chopping block.

LIKELY TO SELL:

2x D9200. Both work in 31k but 15k is not ok. one is recapped by ME. XRGB2 it and you'll be OK. [both] could use a new flyback and some trace repair, the non recapped one works but definitely needs at least the large AC filer cans done. I guess I could do it but I will over charge you because I'm moving (seriously). BUT, fair price if you take them.

300 recapped
200 not, obo

BOTH HAVE WWF ROYAL RUMLE BURN BUT WORKING CHASSIS ;). Playable for dark background and non offensive but noticeable if cranked. See the recapped one here: https://www.arcade-projects.com/forums/index.php?thread/4504-skate-s-wells-gardner-d9200-adventures/

I also have 2 refurbished panels for this (WWF Royal Rumble), I need a price check on. I personally made a part happ's catalog is missing, so I could mount competition (instead of standard) joysticks on sheet metal but with proper height. Effectively I "machined" (belt sanded lmao) the pivot cylander down, to use the 2nd C Clip ring 3/4" from the one intended for wood panels. For their normal joysticks they sell both... for competitions they don't sell the metal panel ones and that pissed me off. But that's the detail, the items themselves are 4 sets of new happ competition (convex not concave, I'm not a monster) buttons and joysticks, in the sheet metal panels, with poorly scaled but technically there art. Functionally they will last a life time and if they don't I'll help you figure that out. Asthetically, they came from a machine I scrubbed soda out of, but did a damn good job none the less.

All my MVS carts. List to come soon, a few grails and grail boots I made from dead carts, FB bros there is a pic somewhere so they have 1st dib there a little bit (neo members on fb that know me). The primary "DIBS" list is anyone who has ever bought/sold with me here. I love trading too so that counts (duh bitch.)

A note to noobs: if you ask for my espgaluda PCB, which is potentially on the block, I will ask you no less than adding a zero to what I paid. Then I won't sell it to you anyway, so please don't waste my time.

Last edited:

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
you're a bigger dick tease than Sylvie...

congrats on the "new" home...

skate323k137

10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
you're a bigger dick tease than Sylvie...

congrats on the "new" home...

To "skate in the same beer league" is an honor... I think Sylvie's actual dick is marginally bigger (or so I read), so her skills are ++ (legit no bs sorry if wrong pronoun)

Glad it worked out homie, but I need those grail proto ROMz!!!! :P

Which ones dude? got my number still? LOL (but for real if you're serious ask and I'll think about it perhaps).

Last edited:

skate323k137

10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
Price suggestions - the MVS booties are best guess, their boots, but "good boots", so hard to determine what a fair value on them is, this is my best guess.

KETSUI PGM CART
CONVERSION / CONVERTED to KETSUI 1.7 TRAP. Plays fine, looks like bukakkae inside as is normal for these. With coin cell'd motherboard included.
$260

KOV + - $50
Killing Blade - $30
KOV super heroes (china, w/English rom) - $60

BOOTS: (made from boards I pulled from dead carts and converted, tested, all snk pcb's and I burned and soldered the roms).

TWINKLE BOOT SPRITES - $125
ANDRO DUNOS - $60
PUZZLE DE PON R - $50

-ORIGINAL CARTS consider gamer shape but I'm not a savage. Most have windy sleeves.

Street Hoop - $35
Waku 7 (chat bro may have dibs) - $150
Aero 2 white rental - $40
Puzzle De Pon - $30
Pop N Bounce - $40
2020 Super Baseball - $45
Bust-A-Move - $30
KOF 98 - $30
WINDJAMMERS (occasional audio glitch unless SUPER clean) - $130
PuzzleD - $50
Magical Drop 3 - $75
SamSho - $15
Metal Slug - $70
DRIFT OUT, shockbox, mini, some kit stuffs and dumb bland MVS box lol - $100
Blazing Star, shockbox, repro mini I think - $150
League Bowling - $35
SamSho2 - $15
S1945+ - $140
Slug 2 - $50
Slug 2 turbo (*Drakoned a bit, but if it breaks in shipping I'll refund you or we can try to fix it in a few months). - $NA
World Heroes 2 - $15
Slug X - $55

Thank you for doing this, sincerely, even if un needed now. I'm much closer to you so there's a guest room or 2 on the other side of the "big lake" some day ;)

skate323k137

10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
BTW if someone actually wants the slug 2 turbo it's really just trace repairs that should be OK but I don't like, even though I did them. Shipping and beer money if you hoped for it and you know who you are.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
142   0   0
Congrats. Finding the right house is the best feeling, right behind having a kid and getting married (maybe).

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
SKATE NEEDS A HOME "FIRE SALE" PRICE CHECK.

Which ones dude? got my number still? LOL (but for real if you're serious ask and I'll think about it perhaps).

Nah I'm just joshing. [emoji4] Glad you don't have to sell your goodies. But if you ever decide to part with any cabs give me a ring.

Congrats. Finding the right house is the best feeling, right behind having a kid and getting married (maybe).

Having a kid is much more terrifying imho.

Last edited:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
BTW if someone actually wants the slug 2 turbo it's really just trace repairs that should be OK but I don't like, even though I did them. Shipping and beer money if you hoped for it and you know who you are.

1f914.png

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Good luck with the home purchase Skate! I don't envy moving your cabs, but it will be so worth it!!!

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
142   0   0
I assume it is a loan against the 401k, so he has to pay it back with interest. Otherwise, cashing out early would not be wise.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
294   0   0
I assume it is a loan against the 401k, so he has to pay it back with interest. Otherwise, cashing out early would not be wise.

You could take out a loan against your 401k and not pay back with interest. I know I have this option at my job. Alot of my co-workers do it and say it's great. I never did it but supposedly all you have to is pay back what you took out. It gets deducted from in my case, weekly pay check. I'm almost sure this is the case since they never mentioned anything about being Penalized for taking out a loan. Only time you get jacked is when you withdraw money from the 401k.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Be careful with 401k loans. Most people aren't good at calculating compound interest so it ends up being quite a bit more expensive than it initially appears. Getting a home is a good reason though IMO.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
I'm learning a lot about how to buy a home uitb

Be careful with 401k loans. Most people aren't good at calculating compound interest so it ends up being quite a bit more expensive than it initially appears. Getting a home is a good reason though IMO.

I mean but isn't that the case for every loan though? Don't most people who buy homes do it on a 30-year loan or something? It's embarrassing how little I know on this subject but since we're all here I'm ready to be humiliated as long as someone tells me the secret to how to buy a home.

sr20det510

Whip's Subordinate
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Ok, sounds like a loan was what he did, and the way to go in this scenerio.

When I tried to get money out of my 401k for a home, I was told I could borrow up to half of my 401k, and pay myself back at 2% interest. In addition, the max loan length would be five years.

I was also told I'd get penalized for a taking out money directly, and later I'd have to claim the money as income, and pay taxes on that.

I read somewhere that Trump wants to change when 401k money is obtainable without a penalty. Meaning he wants us to be even older when we can take out our money.