Elden Ring official discussion

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Ive only seen Alexander in that tunnel, and when he was at Radaan's fight.

Ive only been using Torrent to run that fight. I think Im at 25 vigor, if I recall.

Definitely get more vigor otherwise you’re just going to get 1 shot by everything. At 40 you can take 2-3 hits depending on the boss.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Definitely get more vigor otherwise you’re just going to get 1 shot by everything. At 40 you can take 2-3 hits depending on the boss.
Yeah this fight is some bullshit. Im using the talismans that 'greatly increase" all of my attributes - two of em - it wont let me use 3, fucking stupid. Im also using the health talisman, and I've been using a great rune. Basically gets my vigor up to about 39 or 38. +20 uchigatana, where the ash of war for it is 100% useless because you have to be on horseback the whole time, can't waste time hopping off the horse to imbue the thing with anything so its just straight steel. Using my mimic tear that helps..... kinda.

I got the fucker down to about 5 more hits. He rolled away and tried to swat at me, which I have been able to dodge literally every fucking time - oneshots me.

This fight is fucking bullshit.

Cheesing this fucker just to get further along is looking more and more appealing. This fight is more bullshit than the phantom Corrupted Monk in Sekiro.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
stuck on Margit but getting better at it

I really like the setting of this game. I feel like im in this sadistic roman/greco-germanic wonderland , like a combination of a Burzum album and Penthouse's CALIGULA film from the 70s

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Yeah this fight is some bullshit. Im using the talismans that 'greatly increase" all of my attributes - two of em - it wont let me use 3, fucking stupid. Im also using the health talisman, and I've been using a great rune. Basically gets my vigor up to about 39 or 38. +20 uchigatana, where the ash of war for it is 100% useless because you have to be on horseback the whole time, can't waste time hopping off the horse to imbue the thing with anything so its just straight steel. Using my mimic tear that helps..... kinda.

I got the fucker down to about 5 more hits. He rolled away and tried to swat at me, which I have been able to dodge literally every fucking time - oneshots me.

This fight is fucking bullshit.

Cheesing this fucker just to get further along is looking more and more appealing. This fight is more bullshit than the phantom Corrupted Monk in Sekiro.

Do you use a shield? Even with 20 dex you can block a lot of hits. You’ll probably get staggered but the huge bosses don’t always do quick follow up hits.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
So I just beat Radahn and….he wasn’t that hard? Took a couple tries to see all his moves, but then just rode around and summoned all the NPCs dodging him. Then once I had a full crew of summons would ride in and do bloody slash until all the summons died at which point I’d repeat the process.

I know Radahn was nerfed. What was so hard about him before the patch?

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Do you use a shield? Even with 20 dex you can block a lot of hits. You’ll probably get staggered but the huge bosses don’t always do quick follow up hits.
Yeah but the shield is worthless on horseback.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Try it on foot…? That’s how I beat him. Granted I was a mage and had Alexander.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Finally beat that shithead giant.

I ended up respec'ing my guy at Renala. I had some arcane and faith stuff so I could use some different weapons but decided to respec everything except those two. I just left them at like 8 and 12. Screw it.

Now I'm at the castle where I apparently have to get the 2nd half of the Haligtree medallion, and the gold phantom army dudes are fucking cheap.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Finally beat that shithead giant.

I ended up respec'ing my guy at Renala. I had some arcane and faith stuff so I could use some different weapons but decided to respec everything except those two. I just left them at like 8 and 12. Screw it.

Now I'm at the castle where I apparently have to get the 2nd half of the Haligtree medallion, and the gold phantom army dudes are fucking cheap.

Castle Sol?

Just run past the phantom knights. They’re stupid OP.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Castle Sol?

Just run past the phantom knights. They’re stupid OP.
Yeah looks like castle sol.

So from what I understand, talking to Melina at the Forge of the Giants is a point of no return, right?

I still havent gotten to the cumbling city, or fought Rykard, or the twins. Though I did fight and kill the Dung Eater near Blackguard.

Do I still need to do some exploring before I talk to her at the Forge?

herb

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member

So from what I understand, talking to Melina at the Forge of the Giants is a point of no return, right?

I still havent gotten to the cumbling city, or fought Rykard, or the twins. Though I did fight and kill the Dung Eater near Blackguard.

If there's anything in the capitol you need to do still then yea. The rest of the world is still open tho iirc

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Station 5 in house. If you have the PS4 version, can you access the PS5 version for a few buckaroos or nah?

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Station 5 in house. If you have the PS4 version, can you access the PS5 version for a few buckaroos or nah?
Yes and from what I heard, it's free. The PS4 version is better though. I mean, the PS4 version runs better on the PS5 than the PS5 version, go figure.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member

No, it’s not a point of no return. What you you do will change the Capitol. The rest of the content remains the same.

You can still access the sewers. I suggest getting the legendary weapon in the Capitol (Gransyx-something-like-that’s Bolt) before lighting the fire but otherwise just move forward with the story.

I think the change in the Capitol actually only happens once you actually beat Farum Azula which is where you’ll be transported after talking to Melina.

Last edited:

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
No, it’s not a point of no return. What you you do will change the Capitol. The rest of the content remains the same.

You can still access the sewers. I suggest getting the legendary weapon in the Capitol (Gransyx-something-like-that’s Bolt) before lighting the fire but otherwise just move forward with the story.

I think the change in the Capitol actually only happens once you actually beat Farum Azula which is where you’ll be transported after talking to Melina.
Finally got to Colonel Oniell in Castle Sol. Hated his fight in the swamp, hate him here. I finally got Radaan's blades and was able to murder his minions pretty good but then he got SUPER cheap and murdered my mimic and then me in one hit. Im literally level 42 in vigor and strength now, not counting the great rune.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Comet Azur is fun cheese but the best spell in the game is Rock Sling. Rock Sling will stagger so many bosses and other enemies it’s absurd. I wish there were more gravity sorceries.

My runner up is Adula’s moon blade.

I would like to down the road do a Faith Build and use all those cool dragon skills.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Eh, Bloodborne is definitely god tier, but after BB Id say Elden Ring is top of the heap, followed by maybe Sekiro. Sekrio is rad but gets a little routine and the "you're spotted and in a fight" music is the same note the entire time, that was a little grating on the earballs.

But hating on ER? git gud brudda

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
Beat Godrick the other night , just fucking around now. Also took down all three of those colossus things by the castle bridge, was fun

One thing I will say, I also have noticed dropped inputs , could be tighter. And the target lock-on feature is frustratingly stupid every once in a while, but these aren't a huge deal to me.

Mac91

I wonder if anyone saved my dickpic?
10 Year Member
Post your 'fits.

Attachments

• 1648286599215.png
    1648286599215.png
    3 MB · Views: 9

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Will take a pic of my guy later. Took down Ryken. Raykan? The big snake under Volcano Mountain. Beat him way too easy with the mimic and that serpent hunter weapon. Just hit L2 and it stun locks him over and over. Even for his second form.

That could have been a rad fight. I found the Lake of Rot, somehow I totally missed the second Noktron Eternal City tho. Got to the boss there, some huge mosquito made of bubbles named Astel. It raped me.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
Trying to balance my use of Elden Ring wiki vs old-fashioned exploring and solving. Have done various things but found myself in "Cave of the Gauls" , discovered a Wakizashi there which I kinda enjoy dual weilding. And a boss in the basement who resembles a Roman gladiator. Cool boss, low DEF, but keeps killing me. I'm going to find some smithing stones and boost the Wakizashi a bit.

I also found blood slash ash of war, duplicated it and put it on both my main weapons. Blood Uchigatana +7 and a Blood Omen's Cleaver +5 i think

Last edited: