Elden Ring official discussion

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I’m still undecided on class I want to roll.

Might go wretch but I definitely want to do, I think, a Strength + Magic Build.

Although prisoner could be cool.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
awww i almost cried at 16:58 that thing he's fighting is cute and it reaches out its hand before dying :'(

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I’m still undecided on class I want to roll.

Might go wretch but I definitely want to do, I think, a Strength + Magic Build.

Although prisoner could be cool.
Kinda the same, Strength/Magic are usually my go-tos. I don't really get into "builds" like some do, mainly because I'm honestly not that good lol. Ive tried builds in Bloodborne, but I always gravitate toward strenth/skill :/

Id love to know how to properly build a bloodtinge/arcane character so I can use the Chikage and tear shit up. But alas, not that good. So I must tank.

Gentlegamer

Sakura's Bank Manager
10 Year Member
I pre-ordered (through CDkeys for a discount) and I'm avoiding spoilers or even general info on the game so I can experience as purely as possible. I will likely be offline just to make sure there's no cheat engine griefers coming into my game, though it's possible BAMCO may not have online enabled due to the RCE exploit all the Souls games share.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
We’re getting close now, skeletons. Don’t give up, don’t go hollow.

Praise the Sun!

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Review Embargo is over and reviews are out, looks positive, only watched one 60 hour impression video from a souls-YouTuber who did a great No spoiler vid.

I’ll probably be done watching ER content for quite some time.

Im not opposed to getting tips/hints from other people though playing through the game that they’ve found legit.

Gentlegamer

Sakura's Bank Manager
10 Year Member
I haven't played, but I've seen a few weapon descriptions and it seems it will be much more common to have Phys/Magic scaling on weapons than in the souls series. That means my typical "quality" build of Str/Dex may not be as effective and most characters (especially pvp meta players) will have hybrid phys/spellcasting builds.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I had it preordered at Gamestop, but decided to cancel it, and just get that $10 gift card I can get every month for $5, which I can add to my PSwallet. Ive already got like $30 in there, so I'll have $40, and buy it there.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
PC is a very lazy port of console, and not optimized. refunded.

Last edited:

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Four hours in.

Loving it.

Rolled Prisoner. Got the twin blade, it’s really good. Found a lot of really cool looking other weapons though.

Guess I’m going Int/Dex.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I started as a wretch to just check it out.

Word to the wise - If you get to the ruins by the Dragon bosses area, (there are zombies and shaggy dogs) - there is a basement type thing where there's a chest.

Fuck that chest. It's a trap. It takes you to some crystal cave where everything is about 3083734 levels above you and can pretty much one shot your ass. If you can buzz past everything and hit a grace point, then right past that, exit the cave - and teleport the fuck out. It's also an area where you can be invaded and raped.

In the network test it held a cool weapon, I think. But this one traps your ass in that cave.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I’ve found a few cool weapons with Faith requirements. No Int weapons though besides staffs. Where could the Moonlight Greatsword be hiding?

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I re-rolled as a Samurai and having a better time than Wretch, although my Wretch was a girl and she was foine. Her name is GirlButt.

But yeah, Samurai bro has been kickin' it. Ive never been a fan of weight requirements in games like this, Demons'/Dark Souls, Elderscrolls, etc. I mean if we can suspend our disbelief enough to watch a dude/girl attack a fire breathing dragon and have a spirit horse that can jump twice in succession, and have 4 story trolls with spikes through their chests pulling a caravan - I think we can dispense with "oh shit im carrying one too many arrows, lemme fat roll."

Still though, lots of fun. I found a place that's like all fucking dragons. Small ones, but dragons nonetheless. I think Torrent's haunches are glowing red from the constant spamming of the circle button :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
If anything, Limgrave is still my main area. I havent gone past the Stormgate (storywise). Still havent downed the Tree Sentinel, or the nighttime bridge horseknight guy.

Im just finding that Im either teleported to different areas by finding shit. That girl (Marika?) that levels you randomly showed up at one of my rest spots and shot me over to the Round Table hall, which is the games Firelink Shrine/Hunter's Dream. This game is fucking huge, and I know I havent even scratched the surface.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Same here. I assume you have to get past Margit to move on?
Storywise, yes.

But exploration-wise, you can go pretty much anywhere providing you have enough HP to withstand more than 1 hit, etc. Its truly open-world, and HUUUGE. I just haven't gone north to Stormveil because I know my dude's not ready to take on Margit. I was only able to beat him once in the net test version. But there is PLENTY to be had and do without hitting that first "real" boss.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
So the story structure of the game appears to be Open World, then progress story by beating Legacy Dungeons.

I will say this: go get your ass beat by Margit and then rest at a Site of Grace.

Also the Flask of Wondrous Physick seems awesome. I finally got it and then stumbled upon some different things to put in it.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
Fun game, but…I guess after all the reviews I expected more than just another Souls game which is how I feel about this right now.

Also I opened that trick chest and thought I was fucked but surprisingly easily to get out. You can just run by a bunch of dudes and there’s a fire down a ladder.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Just beat Godrick the grafted. Guess I unlocked some new mechanics.

Stormveil Castle was a great dungeon, tons of secrets and even a hidden boss/mini-boss.

I had an easier time with Godrick than Margit.

I’ve been spamming spells at most bosses but Godrick I actually had to go in and hit with my twin blade. Really felt like I got his patterns down towards the end though some of his stuff is still BS lol.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
I'm over 30 hours in. I'm posting on my chromebook, because I've actually got to get some work done before Monday, but I've made it to the gates of the city where the main Erdtree is.

Last edited: