Germany legalises weed

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
It's still illegal in the US federally. In the same class as heroin.

Huge fucking joke that is.

Pretty hard to find a place in the US that is still busting people for weed. Usually means they don't like you for another reason.

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
I have a feeling it’ll still be a long road to making it federally legal but VT legalized it a couple years ago and allows home grown. At the beginning of this month they’ve started allowing shops to sell flower and edibles. It’s a good time to be in the weed game.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
They’re still doing it in the south like it’s 1985. Mostly to oppress poor people.

"I smell weed" is still the go-to for a cops around here to search without a warrant. If it's legalized in my state I seriously don't know how half these cops plan to function.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
Germans don’t seem like people who’d be into weed anyways

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
that’s why Germans don’t seem like they’d be into weed…they’re already into amphetamines and other hard shit

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Yeah, you ever see the videos of Hitler on his coke high? Dude fidgets like
"I smell weed" is still the go-to for a cops around here to search without a warrant. If it's legalized in my state I seriously don't know how half these cops plan to function.

They search based on smell and you almost automatically win. Same for alcohol. technically "Alcohol" has no smell.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Let's wait and see, the last word hasn't been spoken here yet.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
It's been legal in MI on varying levels for years, recreationally now (21+) for some time.

Word is recently one of the larger growers basically undercut the market and started selling product for like 1/2 the old going rate. This has definitely hurt some small growers, but the customers see cheaper and cheaper prices. So far the quality is still decent, but now, the medical patients get the short end of the stick. Most dispensaries transitioned to recreational sales instead of just medical or doing both. And most medical product now is stuff that didn't make retail cut and was "remediated product" (which IDK what that even means, someone in the weed industry mentioned it to me and used that wording).

What's been the interesting part is localities handling it. In the capital city they seriously shut down every dispensary to "re-license" them at one point, closing upwards of 60 and only re-licensing 20 or something at the time. People were waiting around the block, medical patients included.

The city I live in now quite literally zoned off districts for weed growing and commerce. They seem to be embracing the revenue, whereas the adjacent township which could use the revenue desperately will not approve more than one dispensary.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
How do they teach WW2 in German history classes nowadays

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
‘Once upon a time there was a little Austrian called Hitler, who loved nothing more than finding the solution to the world’s problems. A final solution, if you like.’

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member

It will still be “I smell weed.”

Can’t drive high.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
It will still be “I smell weed.”

Can’t drive high.

Yeah, but at least they can't put them into a private jails for 5 years and take away their kids. It will result in some fines and such, but no more of the, "intent to distribute a federally unlawful substance" shit.

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
You can already have 10 grams in Berlin and nothing will happen. This doesn't apply to all cities of course.