Recent content by AnechoicJinx

1. AnechoicJinx

Hooking up home consoles to an arcade monitor?

I was browsing massystems.com and under their RGB monitors section (which are just housed wells garderner arcade monitors), they claim they're compitable with dreamcast, psx, neo-geo, etc...how easy is it to hook up home consoles to arcade monitors? Does massystems install something special in...
  2. AnechoicJinx

Horizontal Brightness Bands on Monitor?

I've got a very odd quirk in my monitor....it's a sony pvm-2030. Sometimes it will display bands of horizontal brightness that vary all the way down the screen. They're about 1 cm thick in the vertical direction, and they vary in one or two brightness shades: corret brightness and too much...
  3. AnechoicJinx

NES on X-RGB2+

I'll just post this here instead of in unrelated... I wanted to know how the NES system looks through the XRGB...nice? Odd? Distorted? Artificial? Spot-on? I'm torn between playing all my original carts through horrible video format, and using an emu with lots of gameplay flaws...I thought...
  4. AnechoicJinx

NES on X-RGB2+

I wanted to know how the NES system looks through the XRGB...nice? Odd? Distorted? Artificial? Spot-on? I'm torn between playing all my original carts through horrible video format, and using an emu with lots of gameplay flaws...I thought this might be a good solution? :smirk:
  5. AnechoicJinx

Gigawing for DC through RGB...won't load!

When I load up Gigawing for the DC connected through RGB, it will simply reset my system indefinitely while loading! Right after the Sega screen it resets...when I take out the RGB connection, it loads up fine. I suppose this is because Gigawing can't output RGB so it just shuts itself down...
  6. AnechoicJinx

NES S-Video or RGB?

Is it possible to get anything better than composite out of my NES? I tried hooking up a little composite --> S-Video converter that came with my computer a long time ago...all I got was black and white :( Anything I can do to either get S-video or RGB?
  7. AnechoicJinx

Sony PVM-2030 Problems!

I just received a Sony PVM-2030 monitor. I bid on one since I heard they're great for gaming, and it can do RGB. I hooked up my dreamcast (marvel vs. capcom 2) through s-video and turned it on....the picture was HORRID. It actually looks worse through s-video than composite does on my other...
  8. AnechoicJinx

Is sound possible with this RGB > Component Converter?

http://www.hificables.co.uk/acatalog/RGB_SCART_to_component_video_YUV_converter.html I don't see anything on that where the audio comes out of. If you plug in a SCART cable to it, will it only output the component video and no sound? I'm confused....
  9. AnechoicJinx

Saturn RGB vs. S-Video

For the Saturn, does RGB look worlds better than S-Video or are the differences negligible? Somewhere in between?
  10. AnechoicJinx

WTB: Sega Genesis/CD/32X system

I'm looking to buy these three systems in excellent condition only. If anyone has offers for these excluding the 32X add-on, those are welcome too :) I would prefer a Model 1 Genesis, and Sega CD model that isn't front loading (I want the one that is attached to the side of the Genesis) ONLY...
  11. AnechoicJinx

Best TV for 2D games?

Since I'm not gettting too many replies in the unrelated forums.... What, in your opinion, is the best TV for 2D games on the market right now? I recently got a 27" samsung HDTV, and it's just been giving me nothing but problems. Weird concavities on the sides of the screen, slight color...
  12. AnechoicJinx

Lines in 2d sprites on HDTV?

Hey all. I'm using a 27 inch high definition TV and I'm noticing lines in certain sprites. 90% of it due to flashing. For instance, if a sprite flashes (like the SFIII parry blue flash) the flash will be interspersed with blank lines. I noticed this in Ikaruga as well (when your ship is...
  13. AnechoicJinx

RGB on SFZ3 Saturn?

I was curious to know what the difference was between 'normal' and 'rgb' modes in my Street Fighter Zero 3 for the Saturn? I have no idea what it means or if I can even take advantage of it. Anyone know?
  14. AnechoicJinx

Cardfighters Clash 2

I look for this game on ebay all the time and I never see it up for auction. Any way else to get this game? How much can I expect to pay for it? Thanx.
  15. AnechoicJinx

Gameboy Color Must-haves?

Hey all...I got an SP recently and was wondering: are there any must-have games for the regular GBC? The only thing I ever played back in the day was pokemon, and a little bit of metroid which I still own. Other than that, anything worth having in a collection? Thanx.