Recent content by MysticJoJo

1. M

Darkstalkers US Cab?

Alright, so for all of 75 dollars I purchased about the worst cab I've ever seen--Sammy's Turkey Hunting USA. The cab's kit was applied by a monkey and it seems like it's been left in a bar for years without ever actually being played. The net result is a number of issues in a cabinet with a...
  2. M

Perler Beads Redux

Time for more perlers! First, some more Magical Drop III chibis. Finished the characters in the single-player modes and the two others on the mini-marquee. Sun and Heirophant will be enough to finish up the playable cast of III, then the hidden characters. And a short break from Magical...
  3. M

Perler Beads Redux

I got another four Magical Drop characters done! Strength, Devil, Chariot, and Star. Now I have all of the MD1-2 characters done, so I'll be doing the rest from 3 soon. These are about 4"x6" each, and they'll end up going on the wall of my arcade room near the end of the year along with my...
  4. M

SFII Bootleg?

I bought this PCB off craigslist a week ago, and it seems to be some kind of Street Fighter II vanilla bootleg. It doesn't match up with any of the other bootlegs I can find online and the PCB is stamped with a really early date(1991) that would have it be one of the earliest bootlegs for that...
  5. M

Perler Beads Redux

Update with six of the Magical Drop III chibi sprites! I hope to have an almost-full set eventually, though Tower's "chibi" is enormous and uses a gazillion shades of gray. For now I'm doing the characters that appeared in Magical Drop II. Up next is Chariot, Star, Devil, and Strength Senior.
  6. M

Perler Beads Redux

The other perler bead threads are getting pretty old, so I figured I should start a new one to show off the stuff I've been making. These are the two that I feel came out best for a Tenchi Muyo set I made a friend for his birthday. The sprites are from the SNES tactics game, and it also...
  7. M

So I Got Banned from a Game Store

I decided to go to a local game store to see if there was anything interesting in stock. I've been to the place before, known not to sell anything there as he only gives about 10% of the value of something, and most of his sell prices are e-bay "buy it now" scalper prices with 10-20% added on...
  8. M

WTB MVS Twinkle Star Sprites, Money Idol Exchanger

Oof, I know these ones are fairly rare, but I'm looking for loose carts at a somewhere-near-decent price. I've not seen loose carts of either sell on these forums, so I'm not sure how much they'd go for.
  9. M

4-slot board compatibility?

Okay, so I've got a smaller japanese-bios MV-4F where the bottom board works, but the top board has sound issues in slots 3 and 4(most sounds are fine but other ones get all loud and staticy, for example the music in magical drop 2's attract mode sounds fine until the lightning strikes, then the...
  10. M

WTB Magical Drop 3 MVS

I'm looking for an MVS cart of Magical Drop 3, any version, with or without marquee. I don't need and probably can't afford a kit.
  11. M

I can finally post!

Hey, guys! MysticJoJo here. I usually go by Wraith on my other stuff, but used my other name that was unclaimed here. I'm a bit of a collector, but I just got into Neo-Geo when I found a cabinet for sale for just 200 dollars on craigslist. I'm hoping to expand my collection a bit, with the...
  12. M

Work RAM Error Address Write Read 0010140A AAAA AA8A

Finally, I have posting privelages! I purchased a 4-slot Neo-Geo machine from a bowling alley last week, but whenever it turns on, it gives me the error message as follows: WORK RAM ERROR ADDRESS WRITE READ 0010140A AAAA AA8A Based on what I've read in the repair logs at...
  13. M

MysticJoJo's Collection

I'll post pics of more of it later, but I assume first off, you'd want to see my MVS: It powers on, but doesn't yet play, still has a Work RAM Error. Here's a picture my girlfriend drew of a neo-geo girl: And here's my NES collection, since it can include other things: If anyone wants...