Recent content by SoloFenris

1. SoloFenris

Room mate horror stories...

As I sit here alone in my palatial Tokyo refrigerator box, I began thinking about all the rommies I had before. I also realized that I am damn glad I don't have any anymore. Now this one is a little long but trust me, it is worth it. Some of the members who live in Oklahoma may actually have...
  2. SoloFenris

Ninja Gaiden/Black Question

Yeah, I know I am late. I didn't have an XBOX so I picked this up after I bought my 360. By the way, this game is fucking awesome. Anyway, my question is about the unlockables. After wading thorough tons of leet speak and shitty ascii art on gamefaqs, I still don't have the answer I want. I am...
  3. SoloFenris

Soldering iron wattage for conversions

I have finally found someone to instruct me in the art of soldering/desoldering. I have my practice carts all ready to go but before I buy all my gear, What wattage soldering iron do you recommend for home cart conversions? Thanks, Jeff
  4. SoloFenris

I could watch stuff like this all day...

Men who scream like women crack me up. http://www.ebaumsworld.com/videos/sleepingprank.html Jeff
  5. SoloFenris

You ever checked out PSP Mag?

It is a magazine you can download for your PSP. It has reviews of games for all the systems, articles, movie reviews and even features music tracks from unsigned artists. It has a really nice design to it. I already knew most of the info that was in there but I still think it is pretty cool...
  6. SoloFenris

Wipeout Pure US/JP Downloads

I did a search and I couldn't find anything so here goes. Here in Japan so far we have been able to d/l Gamma Pack 1-3 and Delta Pack 1. I figured that all the downloadable content would be available sooner or later so I didn't bother checking other sites. However, tonight I happened to cruise...
  7. SoloFenris

Shin Megami Tensei...I am a little late but...

Okay, so I didn`t pick this game up when it came out but that isn`t important. Since I am so sick of puss nuts, fluffball, every character is a supermodel, bubblegum rpg`s (like FF) I decided to check out something new. I had heard of this series before and had played the spin-off Persona on...
  8. SoloFenris

SS Tenka location test....

The line to play it was longer than a son of a bitch and I didn`t have time to wait so I can only tell you what I saw. I haven`t read about this game on any other sites so if I repeat something you already know, I don`t care. A. The damage seems to be reduced from SS5. I didn`t see any three...
  9. SoloFenris

What gaming "boat" did you miss?

I think it has happened to everyone at some point. There is a game, or series of games, that everyone seems to love but for some reason or another you never really got on board and now you kind of regret it. For me it was the Virtua Fighter series. I remember playing the first one for about ten...
  10. SoloFenris

'94 Re-Bout Release Info

I searched the other Re-Bout threads and the SNK Re-Bout sites and I didn't see this posted so I thought I would pass it on. The SNK World 5 cellphone site lists the release date for Re-Bout at 12/22. The limited edition is 8,190Y and the normal version is listed at 7,140Y. There were no...
  11. SoloFenris

I miss Battletech...

I don't know why but I was sitting at work doing nothing as usual and Battletech just popped in my head suddenly. I can remember being introduced to it by my buddy Mike many many years ago. We used to play against his brothers all the time on the weekends from the evening until the sun came up...
  12. SoloFenris

Soukyugurentai---not too shabby

Since my collection is all import now, I traded in a bunch of my old U.S. DC games and picked up Sokyugurentai for the Saturn. I have to say it is pretty damn good. Nice visuals, cool ships, and some seriously tough levels. A word about the difficulty though. In one review, I read that the...
  13. SoloFenris

Review writing...what is wrong with you people?

I have finally figured out why it is so hard to find good reviews these days. For some reason, people undergo a drastic change when they sit down to write a review. It is like something takes hold of them and they become..."Prickus Humongous, Adjective Warlord." I don't know why the fuck people...
  14. SoloFenris

A-groove warlords, lend me some knowledge

Just recently, I decided to start learning how to use combos in A-groove and I am not faring too well. I guess I just don't understand the dynamics of how they are supposed to work. Do you always have to start with a pop-up so you can juggle? Do you always have to shove them in the corner? What...
  15. SoloFenris

I want Saturn Groove on Fight

It doesn't have to have the ram cart or the spine card but everything (case, disc, manual) have to be in really good shape. Also, I don't make offers, you tell me how much you want for it or I ignore you. Jeff