Elden Ring official discussion

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Will take a pic of my guy later. Took down Ryken. Raykan? The big snake under Volcano Mountain. Beat him way too easy with the mimic and that serpent hunter weapon. Just hit L2 and it stun locks him over and over. Even for his second form.

That could have been a rad fight. I found the Lake of Rot, somehow I totally missed the second Noktron Eternal City tho. Got to the boss there, some huge mosquito made of bubbles named Astel. It raped me.

Rykard. He’s a bit of a gimmick fight which is too bad because he looks cool. Would love to know about the giant serpent.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
If you go back to Volcano Manor after the Rykard fight, talk with the woman there, then go back to Rykard you will see her carassing the already regenerating rest of Rykard.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
If you go back to Volcano Manor after the Rykard fight, talk with the woman there, then go back to Rykard you will see her carassing the already regenerating rest of Rykard.
I killed her, but her guard keeps molestering me

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member

I killed her ass and her stupid bodyguard too after she was caressing Rykard.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Gross.

I’d love to know more about the lore of the giant serpent. Does Volcano Manor have its own ending…? Almost seems like they should where you feed yourself to the great serpent.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I took a screenshot of my dude, but the share option only wants to send it to twitter, and I didnt connect my twitter to my playstation acct. Is there a way to export it to email/google drive/etc?

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
This game has been sucking up most of my free time. I have one achievement left for a plat.

Great game, its much more novice friendly than the rest of the series. Its tough, but nowhere near seikiro level.

yagamikun

Maxima's Barber
20 Year Member
This game has been sucking up most of my free time. I have one achievement left for a plat.

Great game, its much more novice friendly than the rest of the series. Its tough, but nowhere near seikiro level.
I finally broke down and got the game on Friday. 12 hours later... I 100% agree! I don't get the reviews and impressions I've read about it being the hardest Souls game yet. Maybe it's that there's just so much to do that you don't care if you can't kill something after a few tries? I'm having a great time with it - much more than I thought I would. The art direction alone is worth a look. Some really stunning environments.

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
I finally broke down and got the game on Friday. 12 hours later... I 100% agree! I don't get the reviews and impressions I've read about it being the hardest Souls game yet. Maybe it's that there's just so much to do that you don't care if you can't kill something after a few tries? I'm having a great time with it - much more than I thought I would. The art direction alone is worth a look. Some really stunning environments.
The first playthough is very rough, and a lot of the armor doesn't do much, the talismans is really what help you survive. Having the jump button is weird, having to retrain the muscle memory, but overall its a great game. The visual's are amazing though, and there is a lot to keep you coming back. I think im like 150 hours in?

Gentlegamer

Sakura's Bank Manager
10 Year Member
I finished the game after 177 hours of exploring.

It's Dark Souls II-2. Take that as you will.

Reactions: SML

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Got to the Halig Tree today after work. I gotta say so far, the most worthless shitty 'level' in the game has to be the Consecrated snowfield and that dumbass town that is like a carbon copy of Sellia. Odinia or whatever where you have to go into a gaol and light 4 fires, but Black Knives are around there. Sure, you can use the sentry torch, but then you have no way of blocking those fuckers.

Lots of trial and error and just running away from everyone in my own Black Knife get up and I unlocked that seal.

Fuck the consecrated snowfield. The Great Worm Theodorix was more fun that that ass town.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Consecrated Snowfield does hold a few secrets I originally missed.

Fuck invisible enemies for real real.

HormheaDD I want to warn you that the ultimate boss of the Halig Tree is a god damned ho. Good luck.

Mac91

I wonder if anyone saved my dickpic?
10 Year Member
I pirated the game and, as such, do not have updates for the game. I'm really sad that there's no jarboi in Jarburg.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Consecrated Snowfield does hold a few secrets I originally missed.

Fuck invisible enemies for real real.

HormheaDD I want to warn you that the ultimate boss of the Halig Tree is a god damned ho. Good luck.
Is that Melania, or whatever? The gal that turns into a flower? I've heard some stuff about her.

I finished Ranni's quest and got the Holy Moonlight Sword, but need to build up my int before I can use it.

RE: Snowfield - I found that cave at the bottom left of the map that has another Astel. I haven't been able to beat that one yet, even tho I took down Astel to get to Ranni.

One of my biggest gripes about the area (other than the town) is that damn blizzard. I want to explore. I see that little lamp post with the ghost that leads you to a cave, or that statue thats hunched over and I just want to go FIND the shit, but I keep getting attacked by giants from Bloodborne, or another random Radaan Dog that can kill you quickly. Damn son just let me explore and SEE whats attacking me so I can fight it, or run away. And are there seriously only like 4 graces in the whole area?

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
Is that Melania, or whatever? The gal that turns into a flower? I've heard some stuff about her.

I finished Ranni's quest and got the Holy Moonlight Sword, but need to build up my int before I can use it.

You're probably going to want to avoid greatswords (and slower) for Malenia fight. Like with Sister Friede, you're going to want to inflict stagger and bleed when you can, and run away when she winds up for big attacks or combos.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member

You guys gotta stop judging Tanith for devouring that giant serpent. It's a beautiful thing and you should leave her alone like I would have done if I didn't have to catch all the crucible incantations.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
I finished the game after 177 hours of exploring.

It's Dark Souls II-2. Take that as you will.
NGL, whenever I am done with ER (probably won't be for a long time, can't remember the last time I stuck to a game so hard) I have been inspired to try Dark Souls II next. :)

Mac91

I wonder if anyone saved my dickpic?
10 Year Member
Don't. Gank city, jank central.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
If there's one thing I've discovered it's that people who have too specific of an extreme opinion one way or another for one of the Souls games (ie. DS1 is god, DS2 is worst game evar, DS3 is shit, ER is shit, etc.) are certified autists. Warning ignored. I'm sure it's plenty of fun.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Don't. Gank city, jank central.
Some parts are gank city (usually dlc) but there are a lot of viable good meta PVE builds. Especially when you throw power stancing into the mix.ADP sucks as a stat for roll invincibility but I like the fact lower equip weight means faster stamina regen (not just at 70%, 50% etc) and more granular.

Also has best theme for town