Horizon 2 - fuck this game

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I just deleted it from my PS5. I don't remember the first game having such a shit fucking camera. I enjoyed it and its DLC. Story is interesting, combat was fun, visuals were great. Zero Dawn 2 is reeeeeal pretty but controls like shit, and has a fucking annoying camera.

I can't remember, did the first game have that really fucking stupid thing where if you lay low long enough for the robots to forget about you - their health bars fucking refill?

Trying to get through a mission where I have to fight a TRex and a Mammoth, both of which have evidently UNLIMITED ammo, and can duo-rape you in a corner with their AOE attacks. That coupled with the fucking USELESS camera annoyed the shit outta me. So like I said, fighting two giant robots, one of which was one 'slosion away from dying, and I run out of the weapon that actually does more than 1 hit point against them. Mammoth keeps trying to fuck my ass, while the Trex tries to fuck my other ass.

I run away to heal and possibly/hopefully figure out SOME sticks and stones weapon to use on em and they finally chill out. I come back, ready to at least murder the Trex that is just about to die and.... they're healed.

Yeah. No. Delete. Save data, deleted. Fuck that game. I just read the synopsis of this game and A. it sets up a threequel, and B, the main character's original (Elizabeth Sobek) was apparently a lesbian (because that's important to the story right) with one of the chicks who took off to another planet, somehow lived for 1000 years and came back to try and scissor with her 1000 years younger barbarian clone.

Man fuck this game. I'm not even gonna pirate the third one in 5 years.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
lol

Should I play the first game on steam when I get my steam deck?

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Agreed. Don't recall the camera being this retarded but the first is really good. Didn't 100% it but got most of the loot and even got that armor set in the endgame that basically made you invincible.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Took me many months and several false starts to get sucked into the original, but once it finally clicked for me I did indeed like it quite a bit, finished Frozen Wilds and everything and wasn't even burnt out on it. I remember not liking the camera much though, it reminded me of how much I hate the camera in the modern Tomb Raiders with how jumpy it is and how it swings all over the place (in the latter, I mean. Horizon's not quite as bad but it's similarly obnoxious IMO).

I played maybe an hour of Forbidden West right after it came out and I couldn't get into it at all. Camera did seem even worse than before. I keep thinking I'll try it again one of these days but I'm not in any hurry to really.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
After being turned back onto this game by this thread, I can now, about 5 hours later, confidently state that I hate it and it's not much better than any of Ubisoft's utter trash copy-paste bullshit from the past decade or so. Or maybe it's actually a little worse due to Aloy constantly telling herself that it would be a good idea to use her focus to scan the plants if mayhaps the player is a fucking retard who might not think of that.

Seriously, no more open world in the Ubisoft vein. I know this isn't quite that bad, but it's close. Open world in general needs to aspire to either Elden Ring or not at all. If you're going to copy the template you have to do something else incredibly well, and this does not. It's going for character, I think, but no.

Completely overrated. Ashley Burch almost makes it worth putting up with but then she's also Tiny Tina and those games are actually fun to play and her direction is more than bass >>>> everything else.

For real, on a more meta level, no more of this trash open-world laziness. It's become an excuse to substitute quantity and breadth for quality and I hate it.