BeefJerky

Computerstaat Funster
20 Year Member
Damn great artist. :crying:

en4.jpg

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
RIP. I really loved his stuff starting with dragon warrior on the nes.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Jeeeez. RIP to the legend.

Reactions: SML

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
I guess it's only 11 but don't people at least still remember liking Dragonball or Quest even more than me probably😴🙏

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
A few weeks ago I thought of a guy I hadn't thought of in 15 years, the next day my mom told me his wife died.

Yesterday I thought of Akira Toriyama out of the blue just walking home.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
I know no one lives forever, but in the back of my mind I always felt like Akira Toriyama would just... Always be around.

It's hard to believe this is real. RIP.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Sad news. Dragon Ball was a great manga/show up through the Frieza saga, and the Cell saga was decent too. The Buu saga went pretty far off the rails for me but from the 21st Budokai through Frieza was as fun as shonen ever got.

joecommando

Amusaka's Lacky
10 Year Member
What a legend we lost, DBZ will always be my favorite anime and his artwork in Chrono trigger was just incredible, sad day

Yamazaki

Baseball Star Hitter
15 Year Member
a sad start into the day....

not only was he a staple of my childhood but also had a huge cultural impact across the globe.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
Legit actually kind of fucked up about this.

DB in all its forms is one of my favorite things of all-time and has been something I've watched, read, and played since I was a kid and will continue with my whole life.

God dammit...

yagamikun

Maxima's Barber
20 Year Member
Yeah, this hit me hard when I saw the news this morning. For all intents and purposes, his work influenced my tastes in art, storytelling, manga, and anime that I still carry today. I'm grateful that I discovered his work in the early 90's, before anyone in the US even knew what a Dragon Ball was. You could probably say he was the "Walt Disney" of my teenage years.

You will be missed. Rest in peace.

BeefJerky

Computerstaat Funster
20 Year Member
Legit actually kind of fucked up about this.

DB in all its forms is one of my favorite things of all-time and has been something I've watched, read, and played since I was a kid and will continue with my whole life.

God dammit...
His works left a mark on my early years with DBZ as part of the morning cartoons. God damn it we're all gonna live to see the legends die.
Yeah, this hit me hard when I saw the news this morning. For all intents and purposes, his work influenced my tastes in art, storytelling, manga, and anime that I still carry today. I'm grateful that I discovered his work in the early 90's, before anyone in the US even knew what a Dragon Ball was. You could probably say he was the "Walt Disney" of my teenage years.

You will be missed. Rest in peace.
This actually hit me harder then I thought it would. The man had an amazing impact in entertainment.

Same. I rarely get emotional when famous people die but between Dragon Ball, Chrono Trigger, and Dragon Quest his art had a huge impact on me. The world lost a truly great man.

Stefan recommended I check out his Dr. Slump manga yesterday after the news broke. Let's all give it a read for Akira, gents.

herb

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Extremely bummed out by this. Most of his work greatly inspired me throughout my life. DBZ got me to pick up drawing back in 4th grade. Amazing to see how many lives he touched.

I recommend reading Sand Land as that's my favorite of his works.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
Dr. Slump and Sandland are both great.

I'm not even a big fan of comedy/gag manga, but Toriyama was such a goof and Dr. Slump captures that well and is a very fun read for it.

The last two DB movies were exceptional and made me really optimistic for the future of the series even if DBS is kind of hit-or-miss for me.

This is the first celebrity death that has gotten to me in this way. It got me thinking about just how much entertainment he has given me (and the world) since I was a kid and it is an insane amount.