Search results

1. E

Sega Nomad vs. Nintendo Gameboy Advance

Aside from the NGPC, I am looking to get a Sega Nomad handheld. From what I have seen of Gameboy Advance graphics and knowing what the Sega Genesis can do, how do these two handhelds compare graphics wise? I know that Nomad doesnt have an active screen, but does this become a factor in many...
  2. E

Chances of a new MVS 2 board?--backward compatible?

What are the chances of the rumored possibility of a new MVS 2 board being presented by Playmore with support from Sega and Capcom and the board offering backward compatibility with current MVS cartridges to still support MVS cabinets but offer a new generation of 128 bit+ graphics. Should one...
  3. E

Anyone heard of "Super" converting board on Highwaygames.com?

It is advertised on highwaygames.com as a "Super" converting board made by a company excellent.com from Hong Kong and says it converts NTSC and PAL versions of the PS2, Dreamcast, and Gamecube to Jamma/Arcade capability. I think the board only costs $105 or something--very reasonable. Any...
  4. E

Could an AES II ever happen?

I was one of those who was interested in the AES II design brought forth by !Arcade! some time ago. They did not produce it due to lack of interest, which was questionable by some, but the specs of the machine were pretty cool as a Supergun, MVS, and AES built in one machine. And at $399 for a...
  5. E

Replacement monitor for Neo Candy cabinet?

Just wondering, if someone has a Neo Geo Candy and needs to replace the monitor--what could you replace it with. You dont see too many 29" monitors around. I think the closest thing I can think of is the Well Gardner 27". Just wondering if the monitor went, what the options are for a...
  6. E

Will AES II or something like it every be made??

Does anyone think the AES II or something like it will ever be made? Would it be possible that the new SNK Neo Geo organization would support such a system being made by someone. It would be nice to see some new MVS/AES systems such as proposed with the AES II.
  7. E

Any news on the Neo Geo Ultracade

Any one heard anything about the Neo Geo Ultracade system shown at the AMOA this year? Looked like a cool system with 44 games on one cabinet--I have heard good things about the ultracade system, it would be interesting to see this product be developed. Anyone heard anything about SNK Neo Geo...
  8. E

Monitor question

I know this is probably a dumb question, but I just have to make sure. With the vertical shooters on the Neo Geo MVS--you dont have to rotate the arcade monitor do you? I think they just play on the horizontal monitor as designed, but just making sure.
  9. E

So who really owns the rights to NeoGeo/SNK games?

So who really owns the rights to SNK/Neo Geo games?? I have heard rumors of Brezzasoft, Sun Amusements, and even MegaKing with Metal Slug 4 and a PC compilation of older Neo Geo titles. Why is it so difficult to get any official word if the auctioning of the rights took place a long time ago...
  10. E

MVS One-slot question

I am looking at a MVS one-slot system and I know that there is a newer system in the MV-1C which is being sold at neogeousa. My question is what is the difference between the new MV-1C and any of the older systems? I have heard that the older systems may be better---Do the newer have memory...
  11. E

Other cartridge-based arcade systems??

Aside from the Neo Geo MVS and the Sega Naomi Series I and II--and the upcoming X-Box version, are there other cartridge-based arcade systems currently on the market producing current games. I know their was the ST-V system, a system from Taito, and maybe a few others in the past, but none have...
  12. E

Anyone played Sega Nomad handheld??

I know this is probably the wrong forum, but I have a collection of Sega Genesis games and was wondering, aside from owning a Neo Pocket, is the Sega Nomad a good system if you already have some Genesis games? I have heard that the screen blurs for the faster games, is that true? Is a Sega...
  13. E

Neo Geo AES history questions

Just wondering if there is a list or information about the original, retail prices of the AES cartridges. It would be interesting to see what specific games were going for in stores when first released. I heard that most were over $150, but some as high as $250. Which games went that high...
  14. E

Ultracade-SNK relationship??

With the new "Mult-Neo" cabinet shown at the AMOA run by Ultracade with 44 games on the one cabinet, and now with SNK's possible demise, wonder if Ultracade will go after the entire Neo collection for an ultimate Neo Geo machine. According to the new Stinger report off of Casbox.com -- "AMOA...
  15. E

What is the "ultimate" arcade cabinet?

I have been searching for some time, looking for the ultimate set-up for a single arcade cabinet. Since I do not have room for more than one cabinet, I have been searching for the cabinet that will allow the most number of games to be played on it. I do like the MVS(red) arcade cabinet as no...
  16. E

Picture of AES II?

Could someone post a picture of the AES II being made by !Arcade!. I believe they said it would look like the one pictured in GameGo. I was unable to see it that issue. Could someone scan one in? Thanks. By the way, has anyone heard what type of controller is going to be used with the AES...
  17. E

When is !Arcade!'s website going to be functional?

I have heard somewhere in the forum that Sept. 13th is the date or Sept. 17. Has Arcade confirmed the opening of its site and is it likely that more info will be available about AES II specs/pricing when the site is up and running?
  18. E

Will the AES II play other arcade boards?

I did not believe that the AES II would also serve as a SuperGun in being able to play other arcade boards on a tv setup. But after some of the posts on the boards, it seems that some believe it will. Does anyone know if the proposed AES II set-up by !Arcade! with its Jamma connection will...
  19. E

What happened to the "Neo Geo Summit"?

What happened to the supposed Neo Geo Summit that was to take place in Toronto last week and showcase Arcade's revealing of details about the AES 2? Have any details surfaced on the proposed AES 2 or its price/features?
  20. E

Will AES2 be at Neo Summit on 23rd??

I think the "Neo Summit" will begin on Aug. 23rd and talk has been that !Arcade! will reveal the Neo Geo AES 2 along with specs, etc. Has this been confirmed and by the end of the week, will we know more about the cost and capabilities of this new system? Will coverage and pictures be...