07 Commando for the DS

dark penguin

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
There's another thread about it in Handhelds, but yep...you'd almost swear it was a slug game looking at that clip.

I'm not familiar with the dev, but I may give it a whirl.

DeadPixels

Beast Buster
I'm liking the look of this a lot. The action looks like an obvious take on the Metal Slug and Gunstar Heroes formula, but if it's well executed then I'll be more than happy to pick this up.

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
FormlessOne said:
Is it supposed to be that game?
Well, Commando and Bionic Commando were both Capcom games that almost seem to follow each other(I know they technically have no real connection) and norton's not the only one who'd love to see some mechanical arm swinging action again...
:smirk:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Kazuki Dash said:
Well, Commando and Bionic Commando were both Capcom games that almost seem to follow each other(I know they technically have no real connection) and norton's not the only one who'd love to see some mechanical arm swinging action again...
:smirk:

In the NES version of Bionic Commando, you rescue Super Joe, the hero of the original commando.

If you are going to make a game in the commando francfise, make something cool.... NOt a metal slug dirivitive.

Last edited:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
LoneSage said:
No, it's from some Chinese dev.

I just assumed it was from capcom for two reasons....

1. Capcom would never allow an infringments on thier IP/Trademark.
2. The music.... It sounds like a varation on the original commando music.

Last edited:

BIG

sony fanboy
norton9478 said:
2. The music.... It sounds like a varation on the original commando music.

uhh...i think that was just some random music they put in the background...not the actual music from the game.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
BIG said:
uhh...i think that was just some random music they put in the background...not the actual music from the game.

That's stupid....

I hate this shit...

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
BIG said:

That's stupid....

This is just why I don't watch game trailers...

all smoke and mirrors....

$10 says this game is worse than Dolphin Blue.

dark penguin

norton9478 said:
That's stupid....

$10 says this game is worse than Dolphin Blue.

It will quite possibly will be worse, but it will be a hilarious irony if this game ends up being better than the recent MS Anthology ports...especially since it will most likely lack any load times whatsoever. Slowdown on the other hand...

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
dark penguin said:
It will quite possibly will be worse, but it will be a hilarious irony if this game ends up being better than the recent MS Anthology ports...especially since it will most likely lack any load times whatsoever. Slowdown on the other hand...

What does it have to do with the MS anthology games?

Thats like comparing the PS2 KOF ports to the GBA version and laughing about the loads on the PS2 ones.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
norton9478 said:
That's stupid....

What are you talking about?

dark penguin

Nesagwa said:
What does it have to do with the MS anthology games?

Thats like comparing the PS2 KOF ports to the GBA version and laughing about the loads on the PS2 ones.

Point in question: whether a rip off of MS can turn out better than a direct port of MS. I was implying more than just load times...that's just a drop in the ocean, really.

I really don't give a shit either way, I just think it would be funny/ironic if the blatant rip off ended up being better than what Playmore is dishing out these days.