1up Interview with Yu Suzuki

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I know, I know - it's 1up - and the interview was conducted by James Mielke (who's a bit of a cunt game journalist), but how often does Yu Suzuki give interviews?

Some really interesting stuff on the way things used to be at Sega and where Yu is today.

http://www.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3182648

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Not bad.

It's good to hear he hasn't lost all hope for the gaming industry.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Whats wrong with James Mielke? He was always one of the better writers at EGM imo.

Igniz v2

whinny little kid, why r teens so angry, needs sec
There was already a thread on this, but, great interview regardless. It's a shame sega's grandiose arcade vision didn't translate well to a marketable home console until it was too late and it wasn't even what the market wanted by the time they did.

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
haha good read, I seen a glimpse of the doucheyness when he called yu out on fighters megamix. but good interview anyway.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I really enjoyed reading that, thanks for posting. Brought back alot of great memories. Really interesting to hear about the model 1 hardware and talks with lockheed martin and console concerns that were all going on at the time. Seeing Virtua Racing and Fighter for the first times were some of the few pivotal gaming moments in my life when I was truly floored and just amazed by a game...nice to hear some history surrounding its beginnings.

Kind of silly, but I feel a little sad after reading it because I really do miss the old arcade days and I know we'll never have that kind of thing again...but I guess I should be grateful to have been old enough to remember arcades :)