2005 NL MVP

onefortheride

Dodgeball Yakuza
Albert Pujols claimed his first National League Most Valuable Player Award and the Cardinals' first since 1985 on Tuesday after leading the Redbirds to their second straight NL Central crown despite injuries to four of their eight Opening Day starters. - STLCardinals.com

its about time.

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Easily the best hitter of this generation and if it wasn't for Bond's juiced accomplishments, Pujols would've won NL MVP multiple times.

Not bad for a guy who has only been in the league five years.

Over two-hundred homeruns and a lifetime .330 hitter.

Forget A. Rod, Pujols is the next H. Aaron.

showdownfan666

Baseball Star Hitter
Magician said:
Easily the best hitter of this generation and if it wasn't for Bond's juiced accomplishments, Pujols would've won NL MVP multiple times.

Not bad for a guy who has only been in the league five years.

Over two-hundred homeruns and a lifetime .330 hitter.

Forget A. Rod, Pujols is the next H. Aaron.

Well Pujols is great no doubt about it but let's not jump the gun with Pujols Arod plays gold glove D and steals bases as well. Plus Arod has been doing this since 96

onefortheride

Dodgeball Yakuza
showdownfan666 said:
Well Pujols is great no doubt about it but let's not jump the gun with Pujols Arod plays gold glove D and steals bases as well. Plus Arod has been doing this since 96

A-Rod is good but come on ...

Pujols is a career 332 hitter.
A-Rod is a career 307 hitter.

not to mention that in the playoffs this year Pujols hit 375 (556 in the nlds) ...
A-Rod hit 133 in the playoffs (alds). way to show up A-Rod.

and as for steals A-Rod has 5 more this year than Pujols (21 versus Pujols' 16)

Pujols also had a better fielding percentage. i know it was a first base ... just making the point that hes a good fielder as well.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Pujos is on his way to becoming the greatest hitter since Ted Williams....

But things can always change.

showdownfan666

Baseball Star Hitter
onefortheride said:
A-Rod is good but come on ...

Pujols is a career 332 hitter.
A-Rod is a career 307 hitter.

not to mention that in the playoffs this year Pujols hit 375 (556 in the nlds) ...
A-Rod hit 133 in the playoffs (alds). way to show up A-Rod.

and as for steals A-Rod has 5 more this year than Pujols (21 versus Pujols' 16)

Pujols also had a better fielding percentage. i know it was a first base ... just making the point that hes a good fielder as well.

Yeah Arod hasn't been good in the playoffs(except in Seattle) but the career average isn't fair since Arod has been playing longer. I'm not dogging Pujols he's my fav player in the NL but Arod is already a hall of fame player Pujols needs to keep it up for a few more years.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Fuck the MVP... ERR OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR AWARD.

If it was up to me, Mo Rivera would have won the MVP award just about every year since and including 1996.