2011 - GAME OF THE YEAR

2011 Game of the Year (Select 3: Post order)

• Total voters

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
What the hell? This thread is way too early. We should be doing this in January, not now. It's barely even November for crying out loud.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
I can't remember the last time I played something as good as Dark Souls, but at the end of the day all that content is just window dressing on what is supposed to be a multiplayer affair.

And the multiplayer is kinda bullshit from what I've experienced so far.

So for that, I'm not gonna give it the nod.

GOTY will probably be something that I'd never bother playing anyway
(like Cawadoody: Modun Wawfare 3)

Anyone

War Room Troll
Jamestown
Gemini Rue
Shadows of the Damned
Project Zomboid
The Kore Gang
Yakuza 4

You know, the best games... the ones you didn't bother listing.

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
Very early, shouldn't Ultimate MVC3 be included since it's MVC3 plus more stuff

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
okay I picked mvc3, it's not really my favorite game of the year necessarily, infact I think it needs alot of work and the netcode is absolutely unplayable...... but the fact is when playing with friends this is the game I spent hundreds of hours on. I loved yakuza 4, I loved resistance 3 and I'm loving battlefield 3, but none will likely ever match the insane amount of hours I put into mvc3 the first few months it came out and as much as I would bitch the game needs changes, it was mad fun :)

Normdog

Kula's Diamond
10 Year Member
I voted for Mortal Kombat just cuz I really enjoyed playing that game. I wish though that I got to play more games on this list.

smuf

Vice's Love Slave
15 Year Member
Batman by a long slide, but I'm hoping Zelda will topple it in a couple of weeks.

Professor Denim

Atro Ego
i voted in Gears 3. i'm a Gears of War fanboy, always been. i think the new campaign sucks big time, but the multiplayer is stellar. Nowadays i don't have the time to sink into long SP games.or the will. so i need something immediate, and Gears multi delivers that need in its various multiplayer modes, specially in Deathmatch where i spend the most time.also its a great splitscreen game and i love to play Local multiplayer with my wife and friends.So this has been my most played game this year along Street Fighter 4 AE and Deathsmiles Pal.
If i buy Zelda next month i'm sure that will be the only thing i'll be playing.

I think you should consider Bulletstorm. the best FPS i played in a long time. Fast and not to big campaign, amazing visual and art,guns, enemies etc. this is the kind of game i would dream off,when i was a kid. Great celebration of videogame culture.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Deus Ex for me. The DLC is tough as nails to get the no augs, no weapons, no kills trophy. Love this game!

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Usually the heaviest hitters come out in December, so my vote is "none of the above".

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
List is missing The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings.

Which would be my vote.

Then Batman would likely be the second choice. Dark Souls would round out my top three.

At least, of what's released so far. AC: R still has to hit.

FOMOCO&CO

Belnar Institute Student
20 Year Member
dead island so far,
I hate it(lovehate) but spent more time on it that any other game recently...
I like it for the wrong reasons i suppose(not gonna explain)
but Ill probably be into MW3. cant say its the best but will also take a chunk of my time.
honorable mention(forza 4, uncharted 3) both beautiful