A little thread about FFIV advance

Robert

20 Year Member
I bought the game in december and I'm still addicted to it. I bought the official guide recently to be sure that I will see everything and every single hour is bliss.

FFIV was the only SFC period FF I didn't play and I didn't know what I missed. I can't really compare with the original version but the GBA port is all what I need. For those who didn't play the game, it's just like FFI&II on the same system. The 3 FF of the 16-bits area are all pure gold and I'm glad that nintendo decided to port them on the GBA.

They added new challenges and it seems that it will take a while to complete all the quests. I'm looking forward to play FFV and VI when they will be released.

I wanted to know if other members are playing the game and, if so, what are their opinion.

Domino-chan

, Certified Gamer Chick,
20 Year Member
I played FF II/IV back when I was in grade school, and to this day it remains one of my favorite RPGs.

Once I snag the GBA version from my roommate I'll definitely add in my two cents on it. I'm really looking forward to the new dungeons and additions to the storyline. Maybe now I can find out that whole thing between Kain and his father.

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
I got the JPN version recently for my Micro. It is the first time I have played any version of it. First time I have played any FF other than X actually.

Anyway, I love it. Currently about 10 hours in.

So you recommend FF 1+2 for the GBA then? I am considering picking them up now because I am loving FFIV.

FFIII on the DS should be excellent too.

MilkManX

I Love Frames!,
We started a thread for this last month in Handheld.

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134754

Some good reading in there!

@ hanafudaX

Yes get FF Dawn of Souls. They are alot of fun. I will warn you though FF2 is quite different and I really didnt get into it till about the 5 hour mark. The lack of an experience system makes the battles quirky.

Last edited:

ViewtifulZFO

Street Hoop Star
My brother bought it...and he's playing it through REALLY slowly.

I already own FFI for the SNES, so I can wait I suppose. He never did though, so I recommended it to him. Awesome game, by the way.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
hanafudaX said:
I got the JPN version recently for my Micro. It is the first time I have played any version of it. First time I have played any FF other than X actually.

Anyway, I love it. Currently about 10 hours in.

So you recommend FF 1+2 for the GBA then? I am considering picking them up now because I am loving FFIV.

FFIII on the DS should be excellent too.

FFVI is coming out sometime this year. It's the best of the 2-D games by far, probably the best FF game period.

RiotoftheBlood

Chin's Drinking Partner
I just finished FFI on GBA. I played through the NES version years ago. They threw in some nice extras in the Advance version. I'm going to play FFII before I play IV Advance, which I just received as a birthday present.

FFII on the SNES was the first RPG I played (unless you count The Legend of Zelda). I remember renting it as a kid and thinking that I knew it was going to be stupid because I thought the whole idea of the stat-intensive RPG and battles with monsters that don't even move was stupid. In fact I rented it just so I could make fun of it.

Oh what I foolish boy I was. After playing a bit, I was hooked. Since then I've also played through FFIII (SNES), FFVII (PS1), FFI (NES), FFV (PS), and FFT(PS1). I have FF Chronicles, but I haven't played it much (can't tell you why). I've been playing my GBA SP quite a bit lately, though, and I'm really looking forward to playing through FFIVA and seeing what was cut from the SNES version, plus the bonus content.

Where did you see that FFV is going to be released? I love that game! Even if the story wasn't nearly as strong as FFIV / FFVI, the gameplay kicked ass. I was completely obsessed with the job / ability system (the same goes for FFT).

hanafuda

RiotoftheBlood said:
Where did you see that FFV is going to be released? I love that game! Even if the story wasn't nearly as strong as FFIV / FFVI, the gameplay kicked ass. I was completely obsessed with the job / ability system (the same goes for FFT).

FFV Advance and FFVI Advance are already announced for the GBA in Japan. They will be released in sequence at some point after FFIII DS is released.

RiotoftheBlood

Chin's Drinking Partner
hanafudaX said:
FFV Advance and FFVI Advance are already announced for the GBA in Japan. They will be released in sequence at some point after FFIII DS is released.

And US releases? Has there been any word on that?

Thanks for the info.

hanafuda

RiotoftheBlood said:
And US releases? Has there been any word on that?

Thanks for the info.

No problem.

I am basing all of my information from what I have found in Famitsu. There was a big advertisement in one issue recently that had more detail on the JPN releases but I threw that one out. The most recent Famitsu I have just has, 'undecided' for the release dates of FFV and FFVI, but they are on the way in Japan at least.

No idea about US releases I am afraid, but if the release FFIV over there then I don't see why not.