A troublesome eBay transaction

T.A.P.

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
I won an auction a little over a week ago.

It was for an item that usually only shows up as BIN's (usually for $40 or more). I won it for $10.

I sent payment the day I won it, and since then I haven't heard anything from the seller or gotten any kind of notification that he's even printed a shipping label. He's got 170+ feedback, all positive.

I get that sometimes it can take a while to ship something out (those who've dealt with me know I can take a long ass time to ship stuff), so the optimist in me is willing to cut the guy some slack.

The pessimist in me suspects the guy got less than he wanted for the item and is basically not going to send it.

Anyone else had a similar situation? Should I try contacting the guy now, or should I wait longer before asking why he's dragging his ass?

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member

It was for an item that usually only shows up as BIN's (usually for $40 or more). I won it for $10.

I sent payment the day I won it, and since then I haven't heard anything from the seller or gotten any kind of notification that he's even printed a shipping label. He's got 170+ feedback, all positive.

I get that sometimes it can take a while to ship something out (those who've dealt with me know I can take a long ass time to ship stuff), so the optimist in me is willing to cut the guy some slack.

The pessimist in me suspects the guy got less than he wanted for the item and is basically not going to send it.

Anyone else had a similar situation? Should I try contacting the guy now, or should I wait longer before asking why he's dragging his ass?

I had a similar case like this and I just sent him an email via eBay
Fortunately seller did send out few days later.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member

I would review his shipping policy (assuming he has one written) and contact him. I've had where people don't always mark the item as shipped, even though they sent it. If there is nothing within a couple of weeks I'd start getting upset.

Earthquake24

Dodgeball Yakuza
I've had that issue before. I usually give about 3-4 days max if I don't hear anything after having paid. After that happens, I start to monitor the seller's auctions to see if he/she has posted anything new for sale to gauge if he/she has been on their account. If I see that happen, then I harrass/remind them about the auction. If they don't answer through ebay, I'll find alternative ways of getting a possible alternative email address, etc. to get contact. One way or the other, I'll either get what I paid for or get my money back. Has always worked.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
my Amazon order from a week or so ago keeps telling me about the east coast weather causing delays when I check the tracking.

what do you get? I've also had items not marked as shipped recieved.

edit:if they give you any trouble or were slow make sure to leave the proper feedback to rub their face in that you got a steal off them. i.e. ''what a great deal'' or something with a little more snark?

Last edited:

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Ebay has ridiculous protection for the buyer now, so I wouldn't worry.
Contact seller - some of them still ship manually. You will not see any indication in ebay. It's tedious to contact every person to tell them you've shipped.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
I've had that happen before. Seller never sent the item & never heard from him. Eventually got refunded(and noticed the item got re-listed).

I also like to use a PO (since I'm never home during the day to sign for anything).... once won an item for considerably less then what it's worth... seller immediately started making a big deal about my PO & refunded me. he re-listed it a week later for more then double the price that I won it for(and of course it sold).

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Yup. Open the lines of communication, you don't even know if this is a problem yet.
Had a similar issue a few weeks back. Bought something at a fraction of the normal cost and didn't hear from him. After a week, I emailed him via eBay asking for a status and also telling him there was no rush. He got back with me and said he simply forgot to ship it since it was during the holidays. He ended up shipping it and refunding me the shipping cost. Glad to report both seller and buyer ended up happy and continued 100% ratings.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer

I've had a few like that.

One that stands out was when I won slim silver ps2 for less then 20 bucks shipped.

Some time after I payed him, dude sends refunds my money and message saying it's broken. I knew it was bs so replied that that I still wanted it. Sent him a couple more messages first that I knew he backed out because it didn't sell for the price I won it at and the next that i'd send him bad feedback if he didn't send my item. No response.

I gave him a negative and right away he sent me some kind of half retarded message admitting to my suspicion. I couldn't help but laugh.

I have little respect for people who back out of Ebay deals like that. It sucks when you lose money on an item, but I also like when I get great deals so I try to do the same for others (and I have gotten some fucking STEELS on Ebay) and make good on my obligations. Its one of the reasons I don't sell on that shit hole anymore. I have ended up basically giving stuff away on there in the past because I don't like to renig (Although I have to admit that I have talked my way out of some jams).

As for you're problem, would I'd do is send them a friendly message asking for an update.

If it comes down to it, negative feedback is your friend. If he's got 100 percent then he'll do anything he can to keep you from fucking that up.

Last edited:

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
I'd ask him but only give him till the end of the week to reply. If he doesn't reply he's, at the very least, a poor seller.

If you don't get the response, then Neg him.

You can't fuck around on Ebay, you'll get stepped on.

Last edited:

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
What's the delivery estimate for the item in question? I'd start bugging either if the delivery estimate has passed or if the 45 day limit is near.