Alternative for the shit controls in Metal Slug Anthology?

muffinman943

Banned
The 'cube controller option doesn't do it for me. I prefer the inital control option compared to the others in the game, though my hands don't feel comfy after a few minutes. Has anybody ever played MSA using one of these for MSA?
SW-YXPJ-126.jpg

Any good ones to look out for? There are millions of these on the 'bay, so if anybody can share experience, let me know.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Just give up.

All of the controls options have enormous flaws.

I tried to make this game work, it doesn't.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
293c_1.JPG

I use this. It's not a very high-quality stick, but it gets the job done.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
lithy said:
Just give up.

All of the controls options have enormous flaws.

I tried to make this game work, it doesn't.

Me 2. I bought the game for $17 figured that for 7 MS games, that's not a bad deal. The control just make me want to puke.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Allien133 said:
does that hori wii stick work on this game?

No, no Classic Controller support, and a Hori GameCube stick won't work either because the movement is mapped only to the Analog stick.

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
I guess you could get the ps2 version. Personally, other than the NGH/MVS version, the PSP port is not bad. I take it with me all the time when I travel when I want my fix:). The Wii version almost made its way to the garbage. Had it not been MS it would have. Last game to suffer that fate was Pariah back on the original Xbox. Also. I never had a problem with MS 3,4, and 5 on orig. Xbox either.

Mr.Nemoperson

Bunker Buster
15 Year Member
The PS2 version has a little controller lag in MS 1, 2, and X. You can't win with this SNKP release :crying:

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
Stop being a bunch of whiney little faggot pussies and use the god damned GC controller.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Nesagwa said:
Stop being a bunch of whiney little faggot pussies and use the god damned GC controller.

I'd think that a GCN or Wavebird would make for a very good Metal Slug controller.

The Analog Stick is very good and has that octogon outlay so your guy goes where you want.

And I'm guessing that all three buttons are easily accessible...

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
norton9478 said:
I'd think that a GCN or Wavebird would make for a very good Metal Slug controller.

The Analog Stick is very good and has that octogon outlay so your guy goes where you want.

And I'm guessing that all three buttons are easily accessible...

Yeah, GCN controller might feel a tad bit like playing a Slug title with the Neo CD controller.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Xian Xi said:
Play it on your fucking NeoGeo. :angry:

I've been trying to play Metal Slug 6 on my MVS but I can't figure out how to plug the cart in to my motherboard.

:annoyed:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Lagduf said:
I've been trying to play Metal Slug 6 on my MVS but I can't figure out how to plug the cart in to my motherboard.

:annoyed:

PLAY WITH TEH BOOTZ HAKZ OF MS3. :loco:

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Xian Xi said:
It's the only response since I forgot MS6 was on the Antho. I fail, you win.

It's ok.

I heard MS6 wasn't that good anyway.

I'll pick up all the Slugs that were released on MVS someday. I sold my copy of MS3, but i've still got 1 and 2 which are my favorites. I've thought about not getting X since 2>X (where X = <2) but i'll probably end up getting it for collectiong purposes (i know, I know..but the slug series is worth it...and I liked MS5...no really...i did...).

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I have all the MVS slugs and I've actually never played MS6 except for the hack.

I think I only really play 1 and 5 out of the MVS ones. You'd figure with the Atomiswave hardware that they would totally up the ante with 6, but no.

But I do think an online 1st person slug would be cool, like a cartoony COD4. Plus you can be either the good guys or the bad.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Xian Xi said:
But I do think an online 1st person slug would be cool, like a cartoony COD4. Plus you can be either the good guys or the bad.

Only if there were vehicles, think of all the slugs you could pilot. And maybe if they made a 2 person slug, that'd be rad.

If it was like a more "arcadey" Battlefield 1942 (which in it self wasn't very realistic, but was fun) then I'd be down.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Lagduf said:
Only if there were vehicles, think of all the slugs you could pilot. And maybe if they made a 2 person slug, that'd be rad.

If it was like a more "arcadey" Battlefield 1942 (which in it self wasn't very realistic, but was fun) then I'd be down.

Hell ya, 1 person drives while the other shoots. Kinda like COD3.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Didn't they make a 3D metal Slug?

That sucks worse than dolphin blue?

recon_zero

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
norton9478 said:
Didn't they make a 3D metal Slug?

That sucks worse than dolphin blue?

It really REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY sucks.

Allien133

Astra Superstar
lithy said:
No, no Classic Controller support, and a Hori GameCube stick won't work either because the movement is mapped only to the Analog stick.

damn.