Any news on Sammy selling Atomiswave games separately

Lashujin

Ghost of Captain Kidd
You would think with the seeming success of Neowave (at least in Japan) that the Atomiswave would be in a lot of the arcades and there would be demand for separate kits.

gamejunkie

Hijacked by a Spambot!
I still don't understand why they developed a modular system.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Lashujin said:
You would think with the seeming success of Neowave (at least in Japan) that the Atomiswave would be in a lot of the arcades and there would be demand for separate kits.

They're available separate in Japan.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
As jro said they are available separately in Japan, where the AW is supposed to be more consolidated. Anyway loose AW games are starting to be fairly common and reaonaby priced in ebay and the selling forums.

luggal

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Sources?

Anyone have a list of online Japanese sources where these carts can be purchased from? Preferrably something that you've used and has been proven "reliable". I need GGX1.5 and TRF2!

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
luggal said:
Anyone have a list of online Japanese sources where these carts can be purchased from? Preferrably something that you've used and has been proven "reliable". I need GGX1.5 and TRF2!

http://www.gfront.com/
http://www.mak-jp.com/

I haven't used them myself but I heard they are reliable, although I'm not sure if they ship overseas or if they speak English or something.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
luggal said:

You're looking at some pretty big dollars on Rumble Fish 2, right now. I believe someone posted a link to a site a little while ago that had it for $915 (Coinopexpress?). And GGX 1.5 loose is rare as hell in the U.S. for some reason, but I think Akhibara posted some prices that he could buy it for in Akhibara (member than city), and they were very reasonable.

luggal

Kuroko's Training Dummy
jro said:
You're looking at some pretty big dollars on Rumble Fish 2, right now. I believe someone posted a link to a site a little while ago that had it for $915 (Coinopexpress?). And GGX 1.5 loose is rare as hell in the U.S. for some reason, but I think Akhibara posted some prices that he could buy it for in Akhibara (member than city), and they were very reasonable.

TRF2 - $950 @ coinopexpress, but I'm assuming that includes the mobo. $435 for the complete GGX1.5 kit, which includes the mobo, art, etc.

I saw that post and I actually sent Akhibara a PM about working out a deal to pick me up some stuff and scrape a profit off of the top - no reply, but they probably figured I wanted to scam heh. We need a JP connection.

Thanks for the links Amano - I'll check them out. Also, I'll check with the arcade distributor that hooked me up with the I/O board and harness. Maybe they can get the software kits here in the US.

SuperPang

Cham Cham's Espresso,
Are we sure Sammy are shipping cart only kits? I know there are a lot of loose carts coming out of Japan but I assumed they're ex-arcade stock, often with copied arts.