Anybody remember me? Anybody still here from the "old days"?

Galford Forever

Krizalids Fashion Designer
Hi guys! I'm back from the dead :mr_t: . I still have the MVS cabinet and a bunch of cartridges. I sold off all my home cart stuff and 99% of my video games collection. Man I had some great stuff. I miss it a bit because of nostalgia, but I'm better off without it. Going back and playing the old stuff, it's more memory than anything -- the games aren't the same anymore.

Neo Geo is still cool though. I was just playing some Last Blade. I was thinking that I need to get some more MVS carts and some JAMMA boards for my coin-op.

I kind of miss the hobby to be honest with you. I'm worried that I'm going to miss all the stuff I sold too :crying: .

Metal Slug 3 or 5 is calling my name -- just have to find someone selling it at a good price.

Anybody around from when I was around? God -- how long has it been?

Makismo

Ghost of Captain Kidd
I am still here...somewhat. You can see my collection in the collection section. I have added to that picture since it was taken. My Street Hoop AES and World Soccer 96 AES (conversion) are the only two missing from that picture. I hope to get the newest Neo Geo title called "Last Hope" which is due out in a few months. It is a shooter of all things. It needs some work but it might be pretty good. Good to see you again!

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Galford Forever said:
Hi guys! I'm back from the dead :mr_t: . I still have the MVS cabinet and a bunch of cartridges. I sold off all my home cart stuff and 99% of my video games collection. Man I had some great stuff. I miss it a bit because of nostalgia, but I'm better off without it. Going back and playing the old stuff, it's more memory than anything -- the games aren't the same anymore.

Neo Geo is still cool though. I was just playing some Last Blade. I was thinking that I need to get some more MVS carts and some JAMMA boards for my coin-op.

I kind of miss the hobby to be honest with you. I'm worried that I'm going to miss all the stuff I sold too :crying: .

Metal Slug 3 or 5 is calling my name -- just have to find someone selling it at a good price.

Anybody around from when I was around? God -- how long has it been?

Of course I remember you, Joe.

Galford Forever

Charlie!!!! How you been man?? Good to see you too Makismo!

Charlie, you still got a collection? I remember that you were kind of getting out of it the last time I was really around.

Last Hope huh? It's amazing that they still makes games for this system :) . Who makes it?

ray_7

who could forget you my friend? where have you been all this time?

Galford Forever

Holy crap! Lots of the old crew are still here! Damn you guys have high post counts -- don't you have anything else to do :D ??

Yeah, I've been MIA. I think I was burned out on games. Disillusioned if you will. I'm still not much of a fan of the new stuff. Don't even care about the new XBOX. And Neo games really aren't worth the crazy money they charge for the homecarts. That's collection stuff. I still have a decent assortment of MVS games though for play. I miss the old SNES/Genesis days though man, I really do. You can't go back I guess. I think it's been downhill ever since (as far as games go).

So is MS5 worth the money?? 4 wasn't that hot. 1 is still the king.

Prices are dropping on this stuff huh? I saw someone selling LB and LB2 MVS for like $20!!! $20!!!! Two of the best games on the Neo and nobody cares. AES is still high, but not as high as I remember it. SS2 is still the greatest game ever made. Final Fantasy 3 comes pretty close though. There will never be games like that again.

Man am I rambling or what??

Weevus

15 year old,
15 Year Member
Galford Forever said:
Holy crap! Lots of the old crew are still here! Damn you guys have high post counts -- don't you have anything else to do :D ??

Yeah, I've been MIA. I think I was burned out on games. Disillusioned if you will. I'm still not much of a fan of the new stuff. Don't even care about the new XBOX. And Neo games really aren't worth the crazy money they charge for the homecarts. That's collection stuff. I still have a decent assortment of MVS games though for play. I miss the old SNES/Genesis days though man, I really do. You can't go back I guess. I think it's been downhill ever since (as far as games go).

So is MS5 worth the money?? 4 wasn't that hot. 1 is still the king.

Prices are dropping on this stuff huh? I saw someone selling LB and LB2 MVS for like $20!!! $20!!!! Two of the best games on the Neo and nobody cares. AES is still high, but not as high as I remember it. SS2 is still the greatest game ever made. Final Fantasy 3 comes pretty close though. There will never be games like that again.

Man am I rambling or what??

I just got LB2 on DC because I don't have the money for the AES one. What a deep fighter! Awesome game.

Galford Forever

Wow, kernow is still here too!!! Man, this brings back such happy memories, truly. kernow, do you own a Neo yet :make_fac: ? As crazy as it sounds, the memories this place brings back are of a time that I truly miss. Gets me sad and nostalgic.

Galford Forever

Wow, a LOT of the guys I remember are still here! Very cool.

Is Shawn still running the Neostore? What happened with Vinh Treiu's site? It's changed a lot and what happened to the store? He used to sell lots of good stuff there. What happened to mdgamesales.com??? They used to have good prices on used PCBs

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
MDgamesales went under as far as I know... as far as Neo goes, at least.

A couple years back they made an announcement saying they were getting out of the neo scene, and they had some solid deals on MVS titles.

Good to see you again.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
wow. i thought that galfordo guy was you.
not that i ever had many conversations with you if any.
hey there welcome back.
:)

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Awesome Sig wasabi... :)

...........Welcome back,...Galford Forever.

BIG

sony fanboy
Welcome back to the world,Joe.

I remember buying a few things off of you (Shikigami no Shiro II LE for GC,and some other random games,I think) before you left.

B-

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
Nice to see you back man. The last time you were here I went by the screen-name of "mikace01". I changed my screen-name recently.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Am I from the old days?

shrug, I remember you, welcome back

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Galford Forever said:
kernow, do you own a Neo yet :make_fac: ?

hah, I got a homecart system in 2001, but now I'm just MVS with a cab and a supergun :)

Adamaki

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
I don't remember you. Damn, I must still be too nooby! Anyway, welcome back dude! :multi_co:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Galford Forever said:
Charlie, you still got a collection? I remember that you were kind of getting out of it the last time I was really around.

ah, I kind of only have SS1~3 now and Baseball Stars 2. That's what is left. Also sold my saturn collection, gave away my PS2, and have been trying to get rid of everything else.

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
Hi Galford buddy, it only seems like yesterday i was reading your posts, how time flies. :)

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
Hey there! How have you been? It has been a long time!

GAMEFAN