Anybody remember me? Anybody still here from the "old days"?

aria

Former Moderator
Welcome back.

Now, let me re-introduce this thread in Unrelated. As a courtesy, I'll leave a direct so it can get more views.

Galford Forever

Krizalids Fashion Designer
Thanks Bobak :) . Awww, you guys brought a smile to my face :buttrock: . It's nice to be remembered. Sounds like you went the way I did Charlie. I've still got a homecart system with my first game (and best game) ever - SS2. And I've got the cab with like 20 games. That's about it for games. Got rid of all my collection stuff.

Well, I'm back. I missed this place. I'll stick around -- glad I didn't lose my account.

Bobak, you must be done with law school now right? Did you get a good job? I've got about a year and a half left of law school now (I work full time and go to school nights, so I'm in the 4 year program).

CrackerMessiah

Fu'un-Ken Master
I remember ya, if not for anything else than a shared appreciation for one particular SS character. :cool:

aria

Former Moderator
Galford Forever said:
Bobak, you must be done with law school now right? Did you get a good job? I've got about a year and a half left of law school now (I work full time and go to school nights, so I'm in the 4 year program).

Yep, done. Passed the MN bar, working for a company in Minneapolis as an in house counsel. Geddon_jt is also a lawyer now down in FL. Wasabi is in the terrible 2Ls. There's also a few other attorneys on the boards, I know a few who don't feel like outing themselves.

CT, eh? Well I know UConn is in Storrs and Yale is New Haven, so that leaves Quinnipiac... right? :D (one of my profs during the 1L year had just moved from Quinnipiac, I also got really involved in the SBA stuff and met reps from virtually every law school in the country a few years ago at the ABA conference, including Quinnipiac) I also had a classmate take the CT Bar so she wouldn't have to take the MPRE (she didn't want to practice, but wanted to take a bar before going into academic administration at a university)

TriShield

Host for Orochi
I remember your name.

I'm going to follow your lead and sell off most of my video game collection which collects more dust than anything. I just don't really have the passion for keeping it any longer and would rather have the space at this point in my life.

Galford Forever

Bobak said:
Yep, done. Passed the MN bar, working for a company in Minneapolis as an in house counsel. Geddon_jt is also a lawyer now down in FL. Wasabi is in the terrible 2Ls. There's also a few other attorneys on the boards, I know a few who don't feel like outing themselves.

CT, eh? Well I know UConn is in Storrs and Yale is New Haven, so that leaves Quinnipiac... right? :D (one of my profs during the 1L year had just moved from Quinnipiac, I also got really involved in the SBA stuff and met reps from virtually every law school in the country a few years ago at the ABA conference, including Quinnipiac) I also had a classmate take the CT Bar so she wouldn't have to take the MPRE (she didn't want to practice, but wanted to take a bar before going into academic administration at a university)

You nailed it -- Quinnipiac :mr_t: . It's no Yale or UCONN, but it'll do. Besides, my work is paying or it 100%, so I won't complain.

I actually plan on going into federal law enforcement once I graduate. Not that I need a law degree, but it can't hurt and it's free, so I figured why not?

aria

Former Moderator
Galford Forever said:
Not that I need a law degree, but it can't hurt and it's free, so I figured why not?

F---ing "A" :D

It's the smarter person's MBA-equivalent ;)

NeoDragoN

custom rank,
20 Year Member
I remember you but i don't remember you....see what i mean. :buttrock:

Galford Forever

NeoDragoN said:
I remember you but i don't remember you....see what i mean. :buttrock:

Nope, no idea. I do remember you though. It's nice to see so many familiar faces still around here.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
We've certainly the high powered folks in this forum. Are there any doctors that post here?>

I remember your name, but don't remember you. I did take a few months off from the boards in 2k2. Maybe you joined then.

I can understand what you mean by selling off your collection. I play games out of habit, much less so than passion anymore. All the great games of yesteryear that used to bring me joy - River City Ransom, Final Fantasy IV, are just memories and seem lackluster today. You are right about SS2 though. That game ages extremely well. I was at Verbatum's this last week and played some heated matches with some people and felt the same joy for the game when I first played it in 1994.

Galford Forever

GregN. said:
We've certainly the high powered folks in this forum. Are there any doctors that post here?>

I remember your name, but don't remember you. I did take a few months off from the boards in 2k2. Maybe you joined then.

I can understand what you mean by selling off your collection. I play games out of habit, much less so than passion anymore. All the great games of yesteryear that used to bring me joy - River City Ransom, Final Fantasy IV, are just memories and seem lackluster today. You are right about SS2 though. That game ages extremely well. I was at Verbatum's this last week and played some heated matches with some people and felt the same joy for the game when I first played it in 1994.

Greatness never fades with age :) . Best game ever made.

I remember you -- we never talked I don't think, but I did see you around the boards. I was active up to 2004 I think and then kind of dropped off the map. I'm back now though.

EDIT: Oh, and that's exactly how I had gotten. It had become a chore. I had to get the latest games and play through them so that I could free up for the next game coming along. I had a backlog of like 20 games still in shrinkwrap and so many more that I barely glossed over. At that point it wasn't any fun anymore and had become an obsession. It was more about the collection than anything else. I didn't want that. The gaming industry now isn't the one I grew up with and loved. I really don't find it enjoyable nor do I want any part of it anymore. At least I still have SS2 and LB.

Last edited:

mookystains

Chairman Kaga sez, "Dakis-san's the one who's goin
I lurk a little bit.
I dont really play many video games anymore.
I moved out to another city and didnt bring my Neo Geo or anything.
Im in my second year of Art School now, I goto San Francisco Art Institute (SFAI), Its a highly conceptual, experimental school.
I just kinda visit this site from time to time now.

I remember you.

Spike23

Ninja Combat Warrior
i dropped in here back in 2003, but i had been checking the boards out for about year before that. i remember seeing you around here, but it's been a while--never really knew you or actually said two words to you........so here are a couple to make up for it:

welcome back!

khyron

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
ha i remember you. you probably dont remember me because A.this is not my original screen name and B. I never posted much.

I just remember seeing your screen name and thinking "galford owns hanzo becuase galfords super in SS2 was cooler then hanzos"

Its gay but heh it is what it is

Adamaki

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
GregN. said:

Well I'll be a doctor (in aquatic pathology) in 9 months time (hopefully!). At the mo I just have batchelors and masters degrees.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
Galford Forever said:
Holy crap! Lots of the old crew are still here! Damn you guys have high post counts -- don't you have anything else to do :D ??

No.

+1