Anyone else excited that Starcraft 2 is finally coming

Big Shady

Kyukyogenryu Black Belt
15 Year Member
Blizzard (www.blizzard.com) is counting down to something and I'm 99.9% sure its Starcraft 2 and it will be an RTS. I still play the original Starcraft and its expansion Brood War to this day.

The .1% of me is split that it will be Starcraft: Ghost or an MMO.

www.starcraft2.com

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
Its kind of weird to think that Blizzard has in reality only made 2 game series (Not counting the Lost Vikings).

War/Star Craft.

And Diablo / Wow.

EDIT:

Starcraft2.com

Online Since: 24-Sep-1999

So um, yeah. Probably just a place holder URL.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
how about Warcraft Adventures and Starcraft Ghost Double Pack?

Big Shady

Kyukyogenryu Black Belt
15 Year Member
norton9478 said:
how about Warcraft Adventures and Starcraft Ghost Double Pack?
That would be the ultimate cluster fuck to Warcraft and Starcraft fans everywhere.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
Starcraft 2 would be awesome, but I've always wondered what the story would be. After finishing brood war it is apparent that most of everything was very fucked.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I'll say one thing...

Blizzard Doesn't release crap products....

Once something is ready to ship, it's an absolute gem.

Eldios

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
Pretty sure it is going to be Starcraft related (although I wouldn't not be upset if it is Diablo 3). The fact, however, that it is being announced in Korea pretty much confirms it is Starcraft. Unfortunately it will probably be a 2008 release. Cannot wait to see the new race and characters.

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
norton9478 said:
I'll say one thing...

Blizzard Doesn't release crap products....

Once something is ready to ship, it's an absolute gem.

Yeah, Justice League Task Force was a real winner.

ViewtifulZFO

Street Hoop Star
Nesagwa said:
Yeah, Justice League Task Force was a real winner.

He probably should have said "Blizzard products that aren't based on outside licenses".

And for that matter, what are they going to do with Starcraft II? They're gonna have to do alot to differentiate themselves from the competition.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
ViewtifulZFO said:
He probably should have said "Blizzard products that aren't based on outside licenses".

And for that matter, what are they going to do with Starcraft II? They're gonna have to do alot to differentiate themselves from the competition.

The only real competition is Starcraft, Brood War, Warcraft III and the Frozen Thrown.

Everyone knows that the rest of the RTS's are just Meh.....

eek

Mature's Make-up Artist
15 Year Member
Eldios said:
Pretty sure it is going to be Starcraft related (although I wouldn't not be upset if it is Diablo 3). The fact, however, that it is being announced in Korea pretty much confirms it is Starcraft. Unfortunately it will probably be a 2008 release. Cannot wait to see the new race and characters.

I wouldn't count on a 2008 release. 2009 at the earliest. I can't recall a time when a game from Blizzard was released on time. Seeing warcraft 3 for 2+ years at e3 was frustrating. A small part of me is hoping that they have held back on the details and are close to finishing the sucker.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Meh, Starcraft is actually my least favorite Blizzard franchise. Diablo III would really kick ass though. I love Warcraft too, but there's already 3 of them plus WoW, so Diablo 3 needs to come out.

wizkid007

Hyperspin King., Beer Not Included.,
20 Year Member
Starcraft is the best rts game of all time.

I cant wait for this one. Ill be playing competitively on the ladder aswell.

T.A.P.

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
If it is Starcraft 2, I hope its nothing like Warcraft 3 (I really disliked it).

ViewtifulZFO

Street Hoop Star
norton9478 said:
The only real competition is Starcraft, Brood War, Warcraft III and the Frozen Thrown.

Everyone knows that the rest of the RTS's are just Meh.....

I agree they are in a league of their own...

But I really liked Relic's take on the WH40K universe. Probably one of the only RTS games I played consistently (I stopped WCIII after a while, because I'm absolutely terrible at it). It's a close second, I guess.

Big Shady

Kyukyogenryu Black Belt
15 Year Member
ViewtifulZFO said:
I agree they are in a league of their own...

But I really liked Relic's take on the WH40K universe. Probably one of the only RTS games I played consistently (I stopped WCIII after a while, because I'm absolutely terrible at it). It's a close second, I guess.
DoW and all its expansions are fantastic. It was a fresh breath in the RTS space. I also love Relic's Company of Heroes, but Starcraft is my old stand-by.

Buro Destruct

Formerly known as, Buro Destruct, , Southtown Stre
I'm already a 60 Firebat (Inferno spec) on the Aiur server.

LFG Char

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
The title will be World of Starcraft, and I'm afraid it spells doom for this website.

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
I actually played Starcraft Ghost when it was at E3 in the test stages and I can't believe it got canned, it was a very fun game.

Buro Destruct

Formerly known as, Buro Destruct, , Southtown Stre
Fox1 said:
I actually played Starcraft Ghost when it was at E3 in the test stages and I can't believe it got canned, it was a very fun game.
Which E3?

I attended 03-05 and every year the game got worse and worse.
That Geist game too. What a travesty.