Anyone here collect toys/Action Figures?

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
10990547_1376513149332026_2086286903_n.jpg

10958231_395648983943412_1444682639_n.jpg

Hikaru Ichijyo

Thundercock,
Yet another Wonder Woman. Picked this one up last week...

716HdBdujWL._SL1500_.jpg

The whole Bombshell line is meant to be pure cheesecake since they're meant to ape WWII propaganda posters/calendars with scantily clad women. Case in point...

518wPpYdEqL.jpg

and

Ant-Lucia-poison-ivy.jpg

While I like the statue line and will continue to pick them up, I wish the sculpts were more faithful in capturing the look of Ant Lucia's art better beyond just the pose (and some of those aren't completely right). Ah well. :annoyed:

Incidentally I have the Poison Ivy one waiting for me to pick up and also had Hawkgirl but the LCS manager noticed damage to her so the DC rep is replacing it for him with a non-damaged one to sell me. :)

I'd post pictures of the male super hero statues like Flash and Green Lantern...if the manager would remember to order them for me. :emb:

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Yet another Wonder Woman. Picked this one up last week...

View attachment 22959

The whole Bombshell line is meant to be pure cheesecake since they're meant to ape WWII propaganda posters/calendars with scantily clad women. Case in point...

View attachment 22960

and

View attachment 22961

While I like the statue line and will continue to pick them up, I wish the sculpts were more faithful in capturing the look of Ant Lucia's art better beyond just the pose (and some of those aren't completely right). Ah well. :annoyed:

Incidentally I have the Poison Ivy one waiting for me to pick up and also had Hawkgirl but the LCS manager noticed damage to her so the DC rep is replacing it for him with a non-damaged one to sell me. :)

I'd post pictures of the male super hero statues like Flash and Green Lantern...if the manager would remember to order them for me. :emb:

That WW face is horrible.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Gonna go ahead and say it and this is coming from a comic and vintage art fan but those all look like shit. Giant legs and tiny feet.

Also grossed out by tattoo culture creeping into, well pretty much everything at this point.

Last edited:

Hikaru Ichijyo

Thundercock,
That WW face is horrible.

Yep. :annoyed:

What bothers me is that when they were putting out statues/busts based on the artwork of Adam Hughes and Terry Dodson, the sculptors did a really good job of getting the details as close as possible to the original drawings. Obviously you can't expect exact replication but when I look at some of my older statues and busts they look like 3d printed versions of Hughes/Dodson artwork.

I started noticing a dip in quality on the busts/statues when they were putting out the ones based on Amanda Conner's art and when they rolled out the New52 costume designs. I'm guessing they're in such a hurry to rush these to market that the sculptors just have the time/care to make these look as good as they could be. :confused:

Gonna go ahead and say it and this is coming from a comic and vintage art fan but those all look like shit. Giant legs and tiny feet.

Also grossed out by tattoo culture creeping into, well pretty much everything at this point.

Are you referring to the statues or the art? I love Lucia's artwork but I didn't really notice until now that a lot of those pictures have some element of tattoos/designs on the characters. Odd. :spock:

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
^ What is that? Is that anime Tobias Bruckner?

Got this today:
Lucha_Bear_-_Vinyl_Fallout-Itokin_Park-Lucha_Bear-Super7-trampt-7264m.jpg

MuppeT

War Room Troll
This beast is too big and I am still looking to find a the right spot for it.Shock box is for reference. WP_20150225_001.jpgWP_20150225_002.jpg

Last edited:

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Geez, that's massive. Did you need to take out a loan to buy it 0_o?

MuppeT

War Room Troll
Geez, that's massive. Did you need to take out a loan to buy it 0_o?

I met a cool guy locally and he sold it to me for an awesome price. He told me the piece is special and only when I went home I found it is actually a final prototype.. thus making it even more valuable. Sometimes the planets just align :)

Last edited:

fluxcore

Another Striker
Sorry for the terrible pic, but my newest Figma came in not too long ago:

<motoko figma>

Yeah, I picked that one up too. I like it, but word to the wise, if you put the silencer on the SMG, be BLOODY CAREFUL with it. My barrel instantly snapped off. Had to drill & pin the silencer on.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
I used to have a whole bunch of Capcom SNK and ASW figures but sold em off through the years. Now all i've got left is a Morrigan statue, a KOF 97 Mai statue, a Chun Li, a Ranma Chan statue, a Tron Bonne figure I haven't even opened yet and I think a few Getter Robo and Mazinger statues.

Got them boxed up for now but I really want to put them back up on display.

RoadBuster

Crossed Swords Squire
Yeah, I picked that one up too. I like it, but word to the wise, if you put the silencer on the SMG, be BLOODY CAREFUL with it. My barrel instantly snapped off. Had to drill & pin the silencer on.

I love Figmas, but this happens really often. My Marisa's broom snapped in the same way and I had to fix it like that, too.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
It seems many of you have yet to understand that statues are *not* action figures. :oh_no: