Anyone here use PS3 break/PS Jailbreak? What's the best?

BigTinz

VT's Bitch , You can fuck this mouth for a fruit c
Just got a cheap ps3, it's got 3.30 fw on it and I'm looking to get into copying my games to the drive etc...

Anyone here do this? Which is the best usb dongle?

BigTinz

I've been working out all week and eating salads once a day.

GIVE ME A BETTER ANSWER THAN THAT.

Castor Troy

The Esfinter that theMot Chupame's
I need to get my 60GB PS3 fixed.
Anyways, hope this link helps. I'm no expert.

NipRing

The Shlonginator,
I used to use the AmazeBbreak one from http://www.amazebreak.cc/
Got it for like $7. But once I updated to modded firmware 3.55, I don't need to use any dongle.

I was using that exact same combo with 3.41 but then there were sooo many jailbreak options hitting the scene...:conf: i stopped all together waiting for the "best " one to surface. Way too many different options to choose from...I'll probably keep waiting.

And Tinz, good for you. Stick with it, i know its tough. I didnt chime in on the fitness thread, but i dropped 35lbs last year by diet and exercise. Its this time of night especially that I think about snacking. I would recommend not getting on a scale for at least a month though. Good luck!

Castor Troy

The Esfinter that theMot Chupame's
BT - Keep it up dude. As one of my fave people on this site, I'm rooting for you. Go GO GO!!!

IcBlUsCrN

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
ive done it several ways and depends how technical you are , or comfortable you are with doing this sort of stuff. also you will lose PSN we get it back from time to time but cant count on it.

the easiest way is upgrade to ofw (from online source) 3.55 then in recovery mode you will upgrade to cfw kmeaw 3.55. <-- easiest for general use wont miss to much. also be aware with the 3.55 you lose linux. then just throw on a backup manager (i use multiman & rogero) and you are done there are also emulators you can use GB,sega,fba,snes
dongles are really no longer required , they used to be if you wanted to keep linux and run on 3.41 but with the cfw that is out there no need anymore. they still serve a purpose as you can use them to go into service mode or re-marry the bd drive. i stopeed using this method just because some games needed mods to work on it. i used psgroove and before that a ti84 to jailbreak them

the best path i think would be the mfw/cfw rebug 3.55 kmeaw based it lets you do a little more with the developer psn. I was on it for a bit but changed back to regular kmeaw

it very simple just need a flash drive.

you can go to psx-scene for some tutorials and most of the software.

Last edited:

BigTinz

Thanks for the links, advice and over all inspiration everyone! :D

Just put on the 3.55 > 3.55 CFW. Kinda jumped the gun on this thread. I'm loving the kmeaw cfw!

and Castor, I loved Hobo w/ shotgun. Thanks again.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
Can these get other os to work again? If not what do they do?
Can you use Netflix with them? thats what my Ps3's been lately a bluray and netflix player. I dont know why but I keep getting my games for the 360.

NipRing

The Shlonginator,
So if i FTP my games back to my mac, upgrade to OFW 3.55, then CFW 3.55, can i FTP them back to my ps3's internal drive again or do i need to re-rip them?

BigTinz

I cannot say from experience, but I've heard everywhere that you can eaisly ftp them back to the ps3.

IcBlUsCrN

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Can these get other os to work again? If not what do they do?
Can you use Netflix with them? thats what my Ps3's been lately a bluray and netflix player. I dont know why but I keep getting my games for the 360.

youll need cfw to do either netflix is working if you use rebug 3.55

So if i FTP my games back to my mac, upgrade to OFW 3.55, then CFW 3.55, can i FTP them back to my ps3's internal drive again or do i need to re-rip them?

yea that will work,or get an external hdd and leave them on there. now if you are upgrading to 3.55 means you were on 3.41 and that means if you were playing anything newer you had to mod your eboot. that modded eboot will not work on 3.55

Last edited:

NipRing

The Shlonginator,
No, i never got anything that was meant for newer than 3.41 working. No eboot mod..as far as i know

BigTinz

sooo much more works on 3.55

For example, I'm playing the new Mortal Kombat right now :multi_co: