Anyone play tales from the borderlands?

IcBlUsCrN

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
I usually like to wait for physical release on dlc/episode type stuff but im pretty interested in it. Not sure id want to hold off for that long.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
I usually like to wait for physical release on dlc/episode type stuff but im pretty interested in it. Not sure id want to hold off for that long.

Yes, I got it and played through all of Ep. 1- it was really, really good, very much deserving of the 9/10s that it's been getting in reviews. The writing was among the best I've seen from Telltale- it was funny as hell. It started off kind of slow, but the second half was up there with the first Walking Dead for the best stuff I've seen from TT, period.

It was really interesting to see TT apply its talents (storytelling and making decisions, "they'll remember that") to something that's meant to be really damn funny, first and foremost, but that still has great characters and a surprisingly strong world. It works so damn well- the end sequence, shit, it's hard to say anything at all without spoiling things, but let me say, it was one of the best things, most fun, best written, how else to describe it, I've played in a game this year.

It's starting off great. Can't wait for the other episodes. Went from that right to Game of Thrones, which is decent too (JESUS do your choices ever come with freaking immediate consequences in that one), but the relative weaknesses of GoT actually accentuate the strengths of TftB all the more. Just so damn enjoyable all the way through.

Definitely looks to be even stronger than The Wolf Among Us, and I really liked that.

So yeah, don't wait, get it know.