Anyone still playing R-Type Command?

dark penguin

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
This game seems to have really slipped under the radar in North America.
Too bad...I just got it, and it's one of the best portable strategy games I've ever played.

Beautiful environments, manageable difficulty(so far), and a ton of different ship types to use.

Playing a re-imagined version of the first level of the arcade game with a small fleet to attack the boss....awesome.

I can't be the only one who loves this game. It's a pretty niche title, though...

Ukyo

20 Year Member
i pre-ordered it, bought it, and then only played for a few minutes on release. I remember being put off by the strange presentation, and the battle animations were weird. [playing at random? sometimes they wouldn't play and it was hard to tell who exchanged damage. loads were long] I should really give it another chance, because i REALLY wanted to like it. how far into the campaign are you?

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
i pre-ordered it, bought it, and then only played for a few minutes on release. I remember being put off by the strange presentation, and the battle animations were weird. [playing at random? sometimes they wouldn't play and it was hard to tell who exchanged damage. loads were long] I should really give it another chance, because i REALLY wanted to like it. how far into the campaign are you?

Same here. Only played few minutes and I gave up totally..........

dark penguin

Mai's Tabloid Photographer

I'm about halfway through the human campaign. I was put off at first by first few training levels(the system was a little odd), but once I got to Jupiter, I was really enjoying the game.

Definitely give it another shot...I found that once you got a wider selection of ship types, the game made a lot more sense.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
i keep looking at this title whenever i go to gamestop but haven't picked it up yet. is it like previous r-types where when you die it starts you up again near the beginning of the level or respawns you at the exact spot you were killed?

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
i keep looking at this title whenever i go to gamestop but haven't picked it up yet. is it like previous r-types where when you die it starts you up again near the beginning of the level or respawns you at the exact spot you were killed?

It's not a typical R-Type game. It's a strategy game with R-Type elements incorporated.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
I thought it was a little nuts- didn't like how heavily skewed the emphasis is on options, at least at the beginning.

Really wanted to like it but I just couldn't get into it. Too slow paced and confusing, however people that like it seem to really enjoy it. I may have to give it another try.

...the battle animations were weird. [playing at random? sometimes they wouldn't play and it was hard to tell who exchanged damage. loads were long] I should really give it another chance, because i REALLY wanted to like it. how far into the campaign are you?

In the options menu you can adjust whether the battle animations show always, sometimes or never. I prefered Never because although they look nice, they really slow down gameplay.

THIS GAME IS BORING!:mad:Its not the KI.Its not the ships.But the music,the actions and the collecting of resourcesare are bad.I would better play russian roulette as play R-TYPE comand!:blow_top:I need more action .:spock:.Like Sengoku3.