Apparently there is a game on Ebay currently fetching WAY more than AF3.

jesesfbi

Ninja Combat Warrior
Man this thin has gone up. About 10 hours a go it was only at 22k. I see a lot of shill bidding. I think this will be reposed again lol.

ChiefofSB

Geese's Thug
Yea it was already posted in the WTF auctions thread it was at 40k when i seen it earlier now it's at 60k WTF!! :eek:

Castor Troy

The Esfinter that theMot Chupame's
Man this thin has gone up. About 10 hours a go it was only at 22k. I see a lot of shill bidding. I think this will be reposed again lol.

I'm sure you're right.
Damn, it was around $31k when I made the topic (currently $60k+).

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Sixteen hours to go and already over $75k now.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
now a biscuit under $90k!

i dont even want to know how many tintin statues i can get for that kind of dough.

90s

This is the hand that launched a thousand batches.
LOL at the previous two posts. :lolz:

Did this come form a storage locker too?

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
It's easy for people to retract their bids on ebay (or for the seller to stop offering the item). So, you're never sure if it's really going to sell for (at least) the current bid.

IcBlUsCrN

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
what would the actual price be? a nearby shop had one about a year ago think they sold it for ~10k

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
If only it didn't have so many readily available repros. The Mario in ballpoint pen just seals its legitimacy for me

ColdWolf35

King's Dry Cleaner
Quite frankly, that's too much, and I don't care who owned it, it's not worth that much. It ended on 300+ bids.

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
Every time a game like this goes up for auction and gets any kind of media attention, it attracts a million fake bidders and is eventually sold off-site for some non-disclosed sum.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Media attention? ebay itself is responsible for drumming up the interest. Just look at that new feature "ebay stories".

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member

And yet it is labelled rare/most sought after all the time.

Most of these carts are obviously fakes.
It's a heaven for any good counterfeit artist.
There's no box/instructions to replicate.
There's no easy way to confirm it's not legit by comparing to another
exact same cart, unless you show both fakes to the same guy who never saw one.

The Neo Geo is kinda rotten when it comes to stuff like AF3, Kizuna's, U11's and so on.
But the NES scene is there for a lot longer and due to its huge popularity, it's far more
dirty than this.

Someone is desperately looking for fame.

jesesfbi

Ninja Combat Warrior
What I find funny is the people selling the retrozone reproduction for like $140 when retrozone still sells them for $60 lol.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
Adult owned?! That's how you know its leggggiit.

Also, fucking lol at 90k for 3 demos....woopty fuckin doo

yeah this is alien. impressive. but why the god damn fuck would someone drop about 100k on a NES cartridge? this is crazy.

do you think the people who own plastic rectangles worth 100k own guns and 100k worth of security precautions in order to defend it? or are they lowest common denominator Aspergers moonchildren with no mechanisms in place to compensate the amount of straight up gold they have sitting in the form of a god damn video game

CaseyTappy

Tung's Hair Stylist
The guy from the first mario pen listing posts on nintendoage, the winner of course didn't pay and told him his 2 year old had bid on it .
Ebay trolls took him for a ride as the cart is worth about $ 6000,- which is crazy enough and uninformed people probably thought it was a sellers joke with that label and started bidding .

Funny to see other carts popping up suddenly .