Arcade1up better than real cabs?

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I swapped out the sticks in my KI A1U cab last night. MASSIVE difference. Go some Sanwa JLFs.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
This has been a good gaming month for me...

I won the Tropical Angel challenge and broke the world record(217,295) w/ my score of 267,766. I did it on the iiRcade.

I won the build an arcade stick fight challenge ($100 & Arcade1up countercade)

Last night in the Marvel vs Capcom ratio tournament i won and had the option of getting Marvel vs Capcom cab or Big Blue, since i already have two Big Blues i went w/ the Marvel v Capcom.

*edit*
The countercade i chose was Dig Dug.

Last edited:

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member

I won the Tropical Angel challenge and broke the world record(217,295) w/ my score of 267,766. I did it on the iiRcade.

Last night in the Marvel vs Capcom ratio tournament i won and had the option of getting Marvel vs Capcom cab or Big Blue, since i already have two Big Blues i went w/ the Marvel v Capcom.

Nice! I saw you on PYQTG a couple of weeks ago!

Which countercade did you get? Thoughts? I know it sounds mental but I kind of want the Pong tabletop one :p

The tournaments they do are awesome but I never understood them only giving away Big Blue and MvC since the tournaments are for those games so people more than likely have both this cabs! They should let you pick whatever machine you want!

Anyway, congrats. I’ll try and check out some of the tournament replay on YouTube later.

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
Nice! I saw you on PYQTG a couple of weeks ago!

Which countercade did you get? Thoughts? I know it sounds mental but I kind of want the Pong tabletop one :p

The tournaments they do are awesome but I never understood them only giving away Big Blue and MvC since the tournaments are for those games so people more than likely have both this cabs! They should let you pick whatever machine you want!

Anyway, congrats. I’ll try and check out some of the tournament replay on YouTube later.
i had the option for the MvC or the Big Blue. Maybe their thought was to get more people to play Big Blue, as most of the people in the MvC tournament dont enter the Big Blue tournaments. The other winner i think got to choose which cab they wanted.

You should have entered moe, they are free and a lot of fun. My bro birthday is coming up, so that fool is getting himself a MvC cab for his birthday.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member

*edit*
The countercade i chose was Dig Dug.
Reminds me of my good old days entering tournaments, winning prizes and a couple of pinball machines and the like. Course I had to go to the different arcades and play mano-a-mano and it was over 40 years ago when I did it. Guess the more things change, the more things stay the same :)

neo_mao

15 Year Member
i had the option for the MvC or the Big Blue. Maybe their thought was to get more people to play Big Blue, as most of the people in the MvC tournament dont enter the Big Blue tournaments. The other winner i think got to choose which cab they wanted.

You should have entered moe, they are free and a lot of fun. My bro birthday is coming up, so that fool is getting himself a MvC cab for his birthday.

I have MvC but I havent even set up the wifi on it haha.

I'm terrible,i would get knocked out in the first round for sure.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Aren't you dividing the fighterbase?

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member

neo_mao

15 Year Member
So I guess there was a “leak” and we now have a list of A1Up games coming out this year. Most notable are:

Marvel vs Capcom 2
NFL Blitz
Time Crisis

Nothing here is that exciting to me. I’d rather have Smash TV and Afterburner...which we still may get because they release like 20 machines in a year.

EDIT: also Xl versions of NBA Jam and Golden Tee, which I guess means they are not 3/4 scale.

Don’t care for those either...

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Blitz could be fun, I guess. But Time Crisis? in a 1up? LOL

These people are out they damn minds.

Neo_Mike_81

King's Dry Cleaner
I'm dumb and poor and shit but I rather own a Blast-Astro-New Net city Cabinets than these shitty 1up cabs Even I though I don't the $ for these aswell. Plus I don't have the space to have any of them aswell.

neo_mao

15 Year Member
So I got Terminator 2 awhile ago but just ended up putting it together. Here’s s couple of pics for anyone interested :p - likely just @GregN and @HDRchampion

I also have Marvel vs Capcom, but on other side of room.

Forgive the mess, had some kids over earlier in the day and these are in the kids play room.

2189496C-3617-44D7-9538-C58543314339.jpeg

A4DE0F02-21E7-416A-9DC7-61B9DDA0C840.jpeg

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Looks good.Is everything 1up?
The price never dropped on these in my area...it appears they were popular right out of the gate because inventory changes up Everytime I get the opportunity to take a look...
Oh well....might be for the best as I have too much clutter as it is...
BB

neo_mao

15 Year Member
Looks good.Is everything 1up?
The price never dropped on these in my area...it appears they were popular right out of the gate because inventory changes up Everytime I get the opportunity to take a look...
Oh well....might be for the best as I have too much clutter as it is...
BB

Thanks. Well the pinball, T2, SF2 and Tmnt are Arcade1Up but the Outrun actually a gt omega seat with a Logitech wheel and pc. I got that on the recommendation of none other than Mr @HDRchampion and it was a good buy.

I am using a big box front end with mame, model 2, model 3, demul and teknoparrot so a good selection of racers and it automatically boots to a nice game selection interface when you turn it on...kids can just navigate the menus with the wheel so nice and easy for them.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I'm a very big fan of Moe waiting for Robert Patrick to appear on the screen for the picture.

neo_mao

15 Year Member
I'm a very big fan of Moe waiting for Robert Patrick to appear on the screen for the picture.

So iconic!

I have more pics including TMNT the level 1 boss fight with Rocksteady. One of the most memorable stages from my youth!

67F195A5-978A-4F77-B944-F00D9665B3B6.jpeg

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
So I got Terminator 2 awhile ago but just ended up putting it together. Here’s s couple of pics for anyone interested :p - likely just @GregN and @HDRchampion

I also have Marvel vs Capcom, but on other side of room.

Forgive the mess, had some kids over earlier in the day and these are in the kids play room.

View attachment 56948

View attachment 56949
Your arcaderoom is looking great pal! Are you planning to get the Pro series?

neo_mao

15 Year Member

thanks but nope. just given that space I could probably fit 2, maybe 3 more so I have to be selective. I would want Afterburner and Smash TV which will probably come out eventually.