Arcadia #35 scans - Matrimelee

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Fran:
beelzebubble:
hey fran why dont you try prefacing opinion with something like "just my opinion but..." becoz you saying that kof2002 is worse than 2001 is just your opinion and i dont agree with you...

btw please explain why you think 2001 is better?
you are right
but sometimes i just dont feel like wasting my time explaining things to people
who are obviously blind & DAFT

but because you seem like a kind person,
here we go:

2001:
+ 4 NEW SPRITES
-K9999
-Angel
-Foxy
-May Lee
-Athena
(Igniz)

Sounds like a 5 and 1/2 at least to me! :)

mog

Bead Banger
Fran:
mog:
Fran:
...motw = CRAP...
oh_no Fran, you disappoint. Why the hate? Graphics, sound, animation. All bundled into a single cart full of awesome. loco
"Don't u know whatever fran says he means the opposite except when it comes to KOF98 and Mai...
They are the only exceptions"

i think motw is a good game,
not the best on the neo oh no

but a solid good game

and beauty jenet's in it
Soo confused! Down is up and up is down! I cannot share your faith in Matrimelee. Even if it was done by SNK instead of Playmore, it has such a small probability of coming out more than mediocre. Seriously, look at the already existing line up. Garou, KoF 98, KoF 99, perhaps 2002. The only games that could have ever hoped to break into mainstream outside of Japan. They had Samurai Showdown, but that's gone now. I admire Playmore for what they're trying to do, but after SNK went under they were given the task of building something out of nearly nothing.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Yes guys, Fran is right.

KOF2001 is way better than KOF2002, and I know he himself changed his mind about this issue cause he's an honest guy who does not stay of any position just for posing.

Here are my points as well:

2001:
+ GREAT intro (with a bit of story in it)
- VERY lame bgs
- VERY lame music
+ GREATEST roster in the series
+ 5 NEW SPRITES + a super cool new boss
+ nice mid-boss as well, with its own 'team'
+ Great voice acting, intros, trivias
+ GREAT storytelling
+ Great integration of the striker system with the super system
+ TOP variety in gaming system
+ armor/counter modes are gone
+ you can cancel shitloads specials
+ interesting art 'with an attitude'

the game does not scream SNK,sure
the snk feel to it is gone
BUT
at least they tried
100% agreed

2002:
- VERY LAME intro (the worst ever)
- lame bgs
- lame music
- just *O N E* NEW SPRITE :rolleyes:
- a lot of combos and stuff removed
- back on 3-on-3
- back to 'power explode system'
- some older charas back instead of much newer ones
- basically back to 98, but without the 98 feel
- Super poor rip-off cut&paste fell for the whole game
- poorest voice acting, poses and intro since years
- the new stances are stupid, specially when the rest of the sprites is still the same
- omega rugal is still the boss - rip offed as well
- the new BC "power mode" is not bad in itself,
but IMO almost quite useless
- HDSM are mostly pathetic in any term

IMHO: maybe the worse KOF ever.

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
ok you ppl saying that you prefer 01 to 02 have valid points as they relate to what make a game good for you, that is the problem with point of view and making someone understand yours i suppose. for me it is totally different, indeed i am a totally different type of fan, but a fan nonetheless.

i dont care about intro, music, etc so much. i do most of my playing in the arcade (i live in japan and would say kof is the biggest game in any arcade i go to). the joy i get from this game is the challenging and i have to say i much prefer this game to any kof since 98. why? see below:

i love the return to a less complicated style, the 3 on 3 i love, no strikers i love and the reduced amount of "new systems" i love. most of the characters i wanna use are in there, i do however still think mary, clark, yashiro, chris etc are broken/overpowered and wish they would do something about it.

another thing i dont like is the trend in this game and most fighting games these days is to have huge comboes that do about 70% of your bar...the other day i was playing against this guy who was using ramone.... he kept long jumping in to set me up for a combo and did it about 4 times to basically take out my whole roster... i dont see how having mass damage combos like that makes for a fun or intense challenge.

the combo was where he jumps off the wall, picks me up off the ground then he would do the bc cancel into a couple of moves and then finish with a dm throw...

just my 2 cents...

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
You have to understand... Fran is a sentimental fool. He wishes that all KOF's were identical to KOF 98' and EIJI was included and playable on every roster.CHANGE for the KOF series is a "good thing" because it keeps the fans interested.Whether he likes 2002 or not,he went out and purchased it and if PLAYMORE releases 2003,he'll purchase that too.
IF Playmore took Fran's opinion's under advisement,the series be dead long ago. Any changes whether they be negative or positive in someone's opinion is a "good thing".
Ignore that idiot...collect the games you like to play and stop trying to figure his stupidity out.
FRANcine,please believe me when I tell you that "you could never leave me bitter".You should consider yourself fortunate enough to get my attention you dirt ball.
BTW,I am only returning the favor because you obviosly sought me out in the 1st place for this type of reply.
-BB

<small>[ March 18, 2003, 01:34 AM: Message edited by: BIG BEAR ]</small>

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
mog:
Fran:
mog:
Fran:
...motw = CRAP...
oh_no Fran, you disappoint. Why the hate? Graphics, sound, animation. All bundled into a single cart full of awesome. loco
"Don't u know whatever fran says he means the opposite except when it comes to KOF98 and Mai...
They are the only exceptions"

i think motw is a good game,
not the best on the neo oh no

but a solid good game

and beauty jenet's in it
Soo confused! Down is up and up is down! I cannot share your faith in Matrimelee. Even if it was done by SNK instead of Playmore, it has such a small probability of coming out more than mediocre. Seriously, look at the already existing line up. Garou, KoF 98, KoF 99, perhaps 2002. The only games that could have ever hoped to break into mainstream outside of Japan. They had Samurai Showdown, but that's gone now. I admire Playmore for what they're trying to do, but after SNK went under they were given the task of building something out of nearly nothing.
this is confusion,am i confusing you?

sorry

let's recap

kof 98 = best fighting game ever together with SSFX,zero 2,vampire hunter,and sf3 ts

and oh,ffs

kof 2002 = crap

motw = good game,a sequel would be tops but it will never happen

matrimelee = faith in matrimelee?
not much to be honest,but for the time being we can only talk about the art and those screenshots

and its more promising than rotd

ehi,its a start

:)

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
BIG BEAR:
You have to understand... Fran is a sentimental fool. He wishes that all KOF's were identical to KOF 98' and EIJI was included and playable on every roster.CHANGE for the KOF series is a "good thing" because it keeps the fans interested.Whether he likes 2002 or not,he went out and purchased it and if PLAYMORE releases 2003,he'll purchase that too.
IF Playmore took Fran's opinion's under advisement,the series be dead long ago. Any changes whether they be negative or positive in someone's opinion is a "good thing".
Ignore that idiot...collect the games you like to play and stop trying to figure his stupidity out.
FRANcine,please believe me when I tell you that "you could never leave me bitter".You should consider yourself fortunate enough to get my attention you dirt ball.
BTW,I am only returning the favor because you obviosly sought me out in the 1st place for this type of reply.
-BB
blah blah blah

bear... * HUGS *

we're talking about games here

wrong topic for you :p

mog

Bead Banger
Fran:
this is confusion,am i confusing you?

sorry

let's recap

kof 98 = best fighting game ever together with SSFX,zero 2,vampire hunter,and sf3 ts

and oh,ffs

kof 2002 = crap

motw = good game,a sequel would be tops but it will never happen

matrimelee = faith in matrimelee?
not much to be honest,but for the time being we can only talk about the art and those screenshots

and its more promising than rotd

ehi,its a start

) [/QB]
Ah hah! It makes sense now :)

ROTD was the biggest let down ever. I'd like Matrimelee to be better, but I've started to doubt that Playmore can make great games. Slug 4 was fun, just like the rest, but Slug was already awesome. It needs nothing totally new to stay fun. KoF is outdated, still fun, but mainstream gamers that shell out the most money don't get into old ass looking games when there's better looking stuff on the market. Sad, but true. I guess what I'm trying to say is: They're living in the past man!!! Contemporize!

TS, MotW, all good.

VX

Hardened Shock Trooper
This game looks great, can't wait to play it. But, I'm with Average Joe here, what about the gameplay??