Are CRT’s still worth saving?

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
lol it’s not a who posted it first contest. Just spreading the gospel of CRT-Man, the last super hero.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
Doing "illegal dumping" of "obsolete" tvs on people's front porchs... I aspire to be like him.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I’m sure dumping depends on intent. I wish I could get these asshole realtors to stop leaving advertisements and shit on my doorstep.

One leaves like these mini note pads with the realtors logo on my porch along with a stupid flyer with his stupid face. One time (because I’m lazy) I just left them there in front of my door for over a month. They were rained on, stepped on, covered in dirt, etc and looked like trash. I come home one day and they’re gone, replaced by a new stupid flyer and a new stupid pad of paper. Bastard. I’m sure they pay someone to drop these off but still.

Last edited:

NightWolve

NEST Puppet
If I were a betting man I wouldn't put it past people to start charging for consumer tvs in the next 10-15 years. A lot of them are getting junked so now is the time. This shit happened with old antique crts and pro monitors.So many were disposed off and then a paradigm shift happened and suddenly they are valuable.

It's possible I guess, never thought I'd see the vinyl record comeback/renaissance for example. Poor 8-track tapes though, no nostalgia love there, heh. My dad recorded a lot of them in his day to sell to friends.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
8 track tapes are a big problem due to needing to replace the pads in them. It is a huge pain especially since you have to take the thing apart. Not something I see people doing. 99% of the 8 tracks you can find in thrift, even sealed, need to be repaired before they are used. If you don't, it either sounds like garbage or nothing.

Of course, the old cassettes have the same problem, but you don't see those around that often. Probably because people throw them away.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
If you’re like in to 8 track for Crom knows whatever reason there are replacement pads available. Or at least rolls of foam with tape on one side, then cut to length as they’re the correct width.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I still like using my PVM 2530 I bought for 50 bucks NOS. RGB is nice, I know some people that still want to get one but pretend not to like it and call other people names when they have one. To each his own though.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
PVMs are like nerd gold. It's a damn shame I didn't buy more on the cheap when I had a chance.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
If you’re like in to 8 track for Crom knows whatever reason there are replacement pads available. Or at least rolls of foam with tape on one side, then cut to length as they’re the correct width.

In the 90’s I was heavily into 8 tracks. Still have all my tapes and pick up new ones when I find them. The replacement pads are a necessity, as well as resplicing the tape. Once you do this, and as long as the tape hasn’t baked on a dashboard in the summer heat for a decade, you should be good.

Some tapes are much easier to open than others, and some have problems like melting pinch rollers and such. It’s a fun little hobby that I got into since very little of this stuff is actually worth anything.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
PVMs are like nerd gold. It's a damn shame I didn't buy more on the cheap when I had a chance.

I’m so glad I scooped the ones I have before the price skyrocketed. There is no way I’d pay what these go for now. Picking up a 20 inch for .99 cents was the high water mark for PVM pickups for me.

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member

I literally had a chance to take probably 100 for free but had no room to store them. At the time they were heating up in price but if I knew they'd jump in price to have they are now I would have picked more up. I still kinda regret not getting a bunch but I did get 3 for myself and 3 for a buddy so hopefully I'll be good for life.

I picked up a WEGA last year and was shocked about how good it looks. I'm not about to get rid of my PVM's and would not hesitate to grab more if I found them cheap/free but the difference in picture is not worth the difference in price

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I literally had a chance to take probably 100 for free but had no room to store them. At the time they were heating up in price but if I knew they'd jump in price to have they are now I would have picked more up. I still kinda regret not getting a bunch but I did get 3 for myself and 3 for a buddy so hopefully I'll be good for life.

I picked up a WEGA last year and was shocked about how good it looks. I'm not about to get rid of my PVM's and would not hesitate to grab more if I found them cheap/free but the difference in picture is not worth the difference in price

You chose poorly jk. Who would think 20 inch pvms would go for $500? I know I didn't.

I had a bunch of opportunities to get these for next to nothing but for whatever reason I never bothered. Either to far of a drive or not enough storage space. I still own a few as well and just plan on sticking with these till they finally go out. Would only buy another one if a good deal came along.

Wegas are great bro. I still got mine. Can't go wrong with Wega.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
Sausage gagger confirmed

First off unlike the other TG-16/PC Engine groups I will not tolerate any kind of trolling, bullying, or gossip towards any members here. If you can't be an adult then go to those other groups and fight with everyone there. This is the only peaceful PC Engine group on Facebook and I plan to keep it that way.

:thevt:

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Since when this forum gave a fuck about etiquette?

Its funny - you'll call sarumaru a faggot all over the internet, yet you'll consistently give him money when he streams.

You act like you're confused about your feelings, Davey

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
It's funny that you call yourself Dairugger. You're cigarette ash, Pork Roll, Keystone empties, basement funk and broken dreams combined in a gestault of filth.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
I’m so glad I scooped the ones I have before the price skyrocketed. There is no way I’d pay what these go for now. Picking up a 20 inch for .99 cents was the high water mark for PVM pickups for me.

Still got the commodore monitor?