Are There "Curated" Or Otherwise Known-Good ROMs?

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Coz I'm getting tired of games that crash in the last level or otherwise behave oddly. I have Everdrive carts for some of my old systems and things are fine most of the time but I've also wasted many hours trying to find proper ROMs for a game, only to have it freeze on me in the worst possible moment. I realize that many ROMs were modified to run on certain emulators but I have difficulties finding the good dumps among them. ROM-xy-a1, a2, a3, o4, b2... :loco:

So, is there a site that has ROMs known to be working 100%?

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
No intro sets work reliable on original hardware. Just google:

No intro rom set archive.org
cdromance.com selection isn't half bad though most of the time i check there for patched roms for translations and hacks.
Great sites, thanks a bunch, right what I need.

What systems are you having issues with?
Mega Drive, NES and Master System but I generally want to make sure I'm playing a proper ROM that hasn't been altered/hacked in any way. For example, I was in the middle of Gun Smoke on NES, had a good run but boss nr. 4 decided to freeze and that was that. Took me two alternate versions of the ROM to find one that worked, the one I had used before was changed to run on an old version of NESticle.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
The mega drive cart should have had no-intro Roms loaded…

Raph4

Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member
for cartridge games: No-intro sets (y)

On archive.org you can find FBNeo updated sets too. (consoles and Arcade)

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I just go to archive.org and either get complete sets or go into the sets themselves and pick out roms I want.