Astro City Club

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Go take your yellowed speaker enclosures to another thread.
:cool:

DSC00213.jpg

:cool:

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
So i got my Astro's today & im crying hard right now. Its not tears of joy either...Everything they describe was completely opposite of what i got. I mean completely opposite WTF seriously....

Anyway, i'll probably going to need some help with you guys to get in clean working order.
I guess my first Q is i want a new monitor & power supply where do i order?

scgon

Benimaru's Hairdresser
10 Year Member
Sorry to hear that! Any recourse to get some or all of your cash back? As for parts, depends on where you are located really. Shipping a monitor would be pricey, I'd try to find one locally if possible.

BobbyPeru

Man of Letters
Getting a new new monitor can be a hassle. If you buy new, you'll probably be doubling the price of the cab you just purchased. I drove 15 hours to pick mine up, but it was in good condition and only cost $150.

300wins

Conan The Librarian,
Like mentioned before, shipping a monitor would be quite a bit and you risk having it damaged. As for a new power supply, you can get one from RS, link here: http://www.rs2006.co.jp/e/powersupply/index.html

It will cost you roughly $150 including super slow shipping.

So i got my Astro's today & im crying hard right now. Its not tears of joy either...Everything they describe was completely opposite of what i got. I mean completely opposite WTF seriously....

Anyway, i'll probably going to need some help with you guys to get in clean working order.

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
I ordered two cabs at coinopstore on ebay. I was suppose to get fully refurbish with new decals, control panels, buttons, & minimal monitor burn in...Also was suppose to be clean inside & out...

I ended up getting very filthy machines, used stick/buttons, huge monitor burn in, old stickers, one of the control panel is a 3 button one, & worse of all they sent one of the cabs "new" astro cab which wanted original Astro, plus it does not power on. I mean its completely not what i wanted to order. The only positive is it was well packed & fast shipping.

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
Have you emailed coinopstore? What was there response?

I called them & he told me he was driving & was going to call me back in an hour. Never got a call back, i left a voice mail & e-mail them a couple minutes ago on what was the problems...

See how clean they sent it...
DSC_0529.jpg

Here's the huge monitor burn in plus i dont know what the hell that thing is on the left side, looks like some kidn of camera
DSC_0507.jpg

used buttons & stick
DSC_0510.jpg

This one isn't too bad but still they said it was a 2-player 12 button layout.
DSC_0512.jpg

So yeah, im a bit disappointed right now...The last thing i want is a fixer up & i over paid.

BobbyPeru

Man of Letters
I know how it feels to be unhappy with the condition of a cab you just spent a lot of time, money and sweat to get.

Keep on them. Don't give up. Make their life hell until they send you another cab or your money back.

Last edited:

MegaGraffin

Edo Express Delivery Guy
I called them & he told me he was driving & was going to call me back in an hour. Never got a call back, i left a voice mail & e-mail them a couple minutes ago on what was the problems...

See how clean they sent it...
DSC_0529.jpg

Here's the huge monitor burn in plus i dont know what the hell that thing is on the left side, looks like some kidn of camera
DSC_0507.jpg

used buttons & stick
DSC_0510.jpg

This one isn't too bad but still they said it was a 2-player 12 button layout.
DSC_0512.jpg

So yeah, im a bit disappointed right now...The last thing i want is a fixer up & i over paid.

Another Kingsley gem! I love how he says, "All the hard work is done by us."

Unfortunately, as this is through ebay you're kind of screwed as even when items arrive significantly not as described, it falls upon the buyer to pay return shipping to get a full refund, which doesn't even make it worth it.

If your paypal is connected to a credit card, you may be in luck and I'd consider filing a charge back (ask your cc company more about this). If it's through your bank account though, your only real option is file a claim with paypal (within 45 days of sale so DO NOT FALL FOR ANY OF HIS STALLING TACTICS!!! Such as promising you new cabs, blah, blah. Just remember that 45 day window!!) A little birdy told me, Kingsley will typically give you back half of your money in a paypal resolution.

Also unfortunately, this is how Kingsley seems to get rid of a number of his cabs. Once they're shipped, they are no longer his headache and he still makes money even after the refund, as the buyer is left with few, if any, other legitimate options. You've already made a deal with the devil, so you're forced to double up at that point.

This was a very similar experience to mine, except my cab worked, the buttons and sticks were actually new, and my monitor didn't have burn-in anywhere close to those. He is a bum!

Guess it can't be said enough. A private seller you trust and can verify the merchandise with beforehand, Ken or Matsu. Those seem to be the only legit options.

Last edited:

Biohazard53

B. Jenet's Firstmate
I ordered two cabs at coinopstore on ebay. I was suppose to get fully refurbish with new decals, control panels, buttons, & minimal monitor burn in...Also was suppose to be clean inside & out...

I ended up getting very filthy machines, used stick/buttons, huge monitor burn in, old stickers, one of the control panel is a 3 button one, & worse of all they sent one of the cabs "new" astro cab which wanted original Astro, plus it does not power on. I mean its completely not what i wanted to order. The only positive is it was well packed & fast shipping.

kingsly strikes again

aria

Former Moderator

Boohoo, I feel your pain, coinopstore/kingsley sucks, we've had warning on this site, etc.

[highlight]let's cut the shit:[/highlight]

HDRchampion, pardon, rcaido, what are you doing back here? Shouldn't you be raping some more people or challenging people to fights or something? I think SRK or gamefaqs would appreciate you more.

sammybean

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
Boohoo, I feel your pain, coinopstore sucks but we've had warning on this site, etc.

[highlight]let's cut the shit:[/highlight]

HDRchampion, pardon, rcaido, what are you doing back here? Shouldn't you be raping some more people or challenging people to fights or something? I think SRK or gamefaqs would appreciate you more.

:lolz:

Seriously, you were warned, and honestly only one of those is bad. Monitor burn sucks though T_T.

SetaSouji??

There Can be Only One
dumb question, would you wanna sell one of those used black buttons :lolz: I need the shell

BobbyPeru

Man of Letters
Eww. I was consoling creepy rapist guy. I feel so slimy.

Get out of my club!

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
kingsly strikes again

No Shit. Man my heart goes out to you. Especially if its your first cab(s). He has a track record, as others have stated, about shipping out garbage cabs. He has a track record of eventually getting you parts and or partial refund. I honestly wouldn't fuck with him. I would go right to your credit card if you used one via paypal. And have them reverse the charge. Keep any emails you have with him stating the condition of the cab. And do not, I repeat do not start trying to make repairs yet to get it working. While you are going down the path of filing a complaint. Then keep at him with trying to get your refund. But if you file a complaint via paypal, that should freeze his paypal account.

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
Ok for the record, LWK & I are cool now.
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showt...aka-Hewitson&p=3166460&viewfull=1#post3166460

The whole raping thing was a joke I mean come on it was the War room after all. Im actually still a virgin.

Everyone else, thanks for the advice. The thing is I got an Atomiswave SD from him a couple months ago & it was in decent shape, not as minty as describe but he refunded some back. So i assume this time the Astro City were in great shape cuz of the high price tag on them. I wouldn't pay more then $350 for the cabs i got, let alone the amount i paid for them to get to my home.

Last edited:

BobbyPeru

Man of Letters
No virgins allowed.

Actually, that reminds me of the time I asked my Mom if I was a virgin.

I had been watching a lot of "The Breakfast Club", and they all made a huge deal about being virgins. I think my mom's explanation was that everyone was different; some people are and some people aren't. She never actually defined it for me.

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
The thing is I got an Atomiswave SD from him a couple months ago & it was in decent shape, not as minty as describe but he refunded some back. So i assume this time the Astro City were in great shape cuz of the high price tag on them. I wouldn't pay more then $350 for the cabs i got, let alone the amount i paid for them to get to my home.

:scratch:

Once bitten twice shy. After the first cab came not as described, that should of been the end of dealing with coinop. Also, never assume anything on ebay in regards to condition, especially with large freight items that cannot be returns without a huge hassle.

sammybean

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
Ok for the record, LWK & I are cool now.
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showt...aka-Hewitson&p=3166460&viewfull=1#post3166460

The whole raping thing was a joke I mean come on it was the War room after all. Im actually still a virgin.

Everyone else, thanks for the advice. The thing is I got an Atomiswave SD from him a couple months ago & it was in decent shape, not as minty as describe but he refunded some back. So i assume this time the Astro City were in great shape cuz of the high price tag on them. I wouldn't pay more then $350 for the cabs i got, let alone the amount i paid for them to get to my home.

Aside from old buttons and sticks (which need replacing on most every cab purchase), what's so wrong about the nicer one?