Astro City Club

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Aside from old buttons and sticks (which need replacing on most every cab purchase), what's so wrong about the nicer one?

Here's the thing i overpaid for it cuz i thought it was going to be good condition according to the listing. New buttons, new panel, new decal...I really dont care about the dirt too much as i can always clean it but i paid more for it to arrive an excellent condition, no fixer upper...

Now i have to spend more money
$180 on populated stick
$50 on new decals...

That's $230 more for the good one...

Now the bad one
$75 stick/buttons
$50 decals
$200-$600
$150 power supply

ookitarepanda

rare's hero,
This is why it's extremely important when dealing with high-priced items like arcade cabs to research the people from whom you're buying. This site, myself included, has a very pockmarked history with Kingsley and Coinopstore. He's a piece of shit, the store is a piece of shit, and the moral of the story is don't even bother dealing with them. Don't even bother talking to them, just get all of your money back through Paypal and tell the rest of the world about your experience like we have tried to do.

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
How long should i wait to file a paypal claim? I only receive the cabs yesterday.

shadows

Mature's Make-up Artist
File it now, no point in waiting. If Kinglsey makes good on his own you can cancel it.

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
I would at least send him an email, something like . . .

Hello,

I received both arcade cabs on xxxx. One of them was in solid condition as described, but the other had some rather significant burn-in, and the panel was the incorrect configuration, not as described in the auction. Please email me back so we can work out a resolution or are you scare?

Thank you for you for your Time
XXX

ookitarepanda

rare's hero,
I would at least send him an email, something like . . .

Hello,

I received both arcade cabs on xxxx. One of them was in solid condition as described, but the other had some rather significant burn-in, and the panel was the incorrect configuration, not as described in the auction. Please email me back so we can work out a resolution or are you scare?

Thank you for you for your Time
XXX

Here's the thing. Kingsley was given too many chances. We all had to ask for things to be fixed, parts to be sent out, and we shouldn't ever have to. Seriously, how could he possibly NOT realize that the cab looks terrible? It's fairly obvious that he processes his transactions in this exact manner each time hoping that people will give up somewhere along the line between sending him e-mails and calling him about how horrible a job he did. If you have a chance to put a nail up that guys butthole, HDRchampion, take that chance.

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
I get what you are saying, but in terms of the paypal dispute might as well go through the paces. Send an email, likely get no response, then open the dispute. That way you can mention you tried to call and email to no avail. Paypal is flaky might as well do it by the books. I don't even know how paypal would handle this, would the buyer have to freight ship it back if the seller refused a partial refund or would paypal determine a partial refund amount?

ookitarepanda

rare's hero,
I called them & he told me he was driving & was going to call me back in an hour. Never got a call back, i left a voice mail & e-mail them a couple minutes ago on what was the problems...

Sounds like he did already talk to them. Have you heard anything more HDRC?

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
We've beaten the whole Kingsley-is-a-shite-vendor discussion to death, and yet people STILL buy from him. We've reviewed places in which people have had success in finding a candy cab worldwide and it still amazes me that people don't do their homework when trying to find a cab in decent shape. Ever since ookitrepanda posted those photos of his "shopped machine", that should've been a clear warning to all.

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
Sounds like he did already talk to them. Have you heard anything more HDRC?

I called them yesterday, spoke to girl name Rose, she told me he will tell Kingsley to call you by the end of the day...Never received a call back...Im going to call today & if i dont receive a call or e-mail then filing the paypal claim...I want to go through the process...

We've beaten the whole Kingsley-is-a-shite-vendor discussion to death, and yet people STILL buy from him. We've reviewed places in which people have had success in finding a candy cab worldwide and it still amazes me that people don't do their homework when trying to find a cab in decent shape. Ever since ookitrepanda posted those photos of his "shopped machine", that should've been a clear warning to all.

I ordered an Atomiswave SD from him & although it wasn't minty as described he refunded me amount to my liking...From what i read i thought the group buy was where all the mess/negative came from. I heard positive dealings too afterwards...I thought as a returning customer & the high price on the Astro, & positive dealing last time, i assume i wouldn't be ripped off like this.

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
I called him today & left a message. He didn't bother calling me back so i filed a claim against him through paypal. Im asking refund for the broken machine + $$$ for new parts for the working machine.

Dont some of the people actually know him in person? Like he has a store in Cali? Im surprise no one has confronted him yet about his bad dealings towards the arcade community...

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
*Update*

Today, i got offered partial refund & say they will send parts to the Astro's to make it up to par...What do you guys think? Should i accept or continue w/ the claim?

300wins

Conan The Librarian,
How much of a refund did they offer? And like childsremix said, will he send a monitor with no screen burn? I doubt he will. He's dicked people around when it comes to getting parts and such before in the past.

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
How much of a refund did they offer? And like childsremix said, will he send a monitor with no screen burn? I doubt he will. He's dicked people around when it comes to getting parts and such before in the past.

He offered $500 + ask for a list of what i need that needs to be fixed. Yeah i remember he was suppose to send me a cleaning supply for my Atomiswave & it took 2 to 3months, that's why im a bit hesitant to accept his offer.

So say i accept the partial refund, can i file a claim again if he doesn't make do with his promises?

childsremix

Overtop Pathfinder
I would continue with the claim and only drop it after you've received the parts first.

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
I ask for everything new buttons, new decal, new sticks, control panel, & 4 keys...But yeah a monitor w/ no burn-in is a must. Hopefully he responds back to me.

NipRing

The Shlonginator,
As i see it, he's obligated to supply everything he advertised was done to these cabs before you purchased them. Rake this jerk over the coals and maybe he'll learn his lesson so future buyers dont have to go through this crap.

childsremix

Overtop Pathfinder
Well he did get a bunch of blast city's in so you may be able to persuade him into giving you a tri sync "burn free" monitor in exchange for the burned one.

BobbyPeru

Man of Letters
The monitor is a MUST. You can get sticks and decals and buttons anywhere, but nice monitors are hard to come by.

ookitarepanda

rare's hero,
Rake this jerk over the coals and maybe he'll learn his lesson so future buyers dont have to go through this crap.

Kingsley will never learn his lesson, as easy as it is to learn. But yes, rake him over the coals indeed.

How hard is it for a person to see burn-in on a monitor, that he can't do it before he ships them out? Surely the kind of burn-in you have is the kind you'd notice when passing by, let alone handling the thing while you supposedly clean the shit out of it and pack it up.

I wouldn't know how to proceed. Considering he's avoided calls and e-mails a lot, and he tends to delay a lot of things, I would try to get a hold of paypal, let them know the situation, and let them know about his reputation here and why you're concerned about working with him. Whatever you do, do what feels right to you and gets you the shit that you want.

childsremix

Overtop Pathfinder
The monitor is a MUST. You can get sticks and decals and buttons anywhere, but nice monitors are hard to come by.

I completely agree with this statement. He may give you $500, but I'm not aware of any place where you can take that cash and get the appropriate monitor for your cab.

300wins

Conan The Librarian,
The problem with that is that Blast City monitors don't exactly fit the Astro City bezel. They are flatter, so you would have a little gap between the bezel. But that is better than the burn in that you have. And you can always fill the gap with some foam filler or something.

Well he did get a bunch of blast city's in so you may be able to persuade him into giving you a tri sync "burn free" monitor in exchange for the burned one.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
lol I still haven't gotten my replacement monitor from these douche canoes, just make sure you keep at him until you can at least get one.