AT+T buys Time Warner

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Serious question - do you think this means AT&T will kill off the "Roadrunner" service, and replace it with U-Verse/Gigapower/whatever, or the other way around?

I kicked TW to the curb about 2 years ago. Went from a 300megabit line to an 18megabit (gigapower isnt available in my area) - and I honestly have never looked back. TW's service was spotty as shit and they kept sending dunces out to "replace the modem" when it was a line issue. I had tons of data and ping logs showing it wasn't the fucking modem, and all they would do was send out a barely-able-to-speak-english "tech" to "replace modem."

Never had an issue with the piddly 18mb line from AT&T.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Hopefully it means that they replace TWC with directv completely.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
The cable/directv thing doesn't do much for me as I'm a torrent/netflix guy but I still use the internet quite a bit for work, and the wife's work.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
TWC was bought by someone else. Things are going to change in that area soon.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
AT+T is a terrible company on the level of COMCAST terrible... This move will not benefit the consumer one bit.
BB

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
This is basically what AT&T is getting:
Cartoon Network
Adult Swim
Boomerang
TBS
TNT
CNN
TruTV
TCM
50% of the CW
10% of Hulu
DC Comics
Vertigo Comics
Mad
Warner Bros Interactive (includes all the old Midway stuff, NetherRealm, Rocksteady, Traveller's Tales, Monolith, Turbine, etc)
Warner Bros Pictures
New Line Cinema
Warner Animation Group
Castle Rock Entertainment
Warner Bros Family Entertainment
Flagship Entertainment
Warner Television
Warner Animation
HBO
Cinemax

I just want to see the 80 billion dollar check.

Cousin_Itt

Galford's Armourer
10 Year Member
$85 Billion. Well half cash/half stock, but still geez. I think a lot of people questioned the direct tv acquisition by ATT. I'm curious to how this will affect Sling TV since half their channels were by TW and they're owned by Dish.