Atari 2600 find bonanza!!

vidgameman73

Geese's Thug
It doesn't happen often, but when it rains, it pours.......

I walked into a Goodwill last night around 7:30 PM expecting to find the same old, same old. I make my way through the store to the very back where they keep cartridges and whatnot. Much to my surprise, they have a MONOLITHICAL cedar chest full of what seemed to be 200-300 2600 carts.

So, I browse through them and I'm grabbing shit left and right. Stuff like Waterworld, (yes, Waterworld) Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Xonox double enders, Snoopy and the Red Baron, Shootin's Gallery, Rubik's Cube, Atari Video Cube, Silver Labeled Gravitar, later release Atari brown labels like Xenophobe, and all of all things, a Custer's Revenge!!

I also found stuff like Colecovision Star Wars:The Arcade, Mr. Do's Castle, Q*Bert's Qubes, Spy Hunter, Up 'N' Down, Tutankham, and Dr. Suess.

I haven't had a find like this since the advent of eBay, but there isn't really a large number of sellers/collectors in this particular area for some reason. To those of you who don't collect retro games, you may not be familiar with the rarity of these finds. But to those of you who are, you would be doing fucking cartwheels in the aisles. :buttrock:

I just felt compelled to write this post for some reason. I was getting kinda bored seeing 25 Combat's in a bin, but last night gave me an idea that there are STILL people out there who donate this stuff to thrift stores and don't really give a damn about what it's worth. And being there at the right place and right time doesn't hurt either.

This is also the same place I found my TG 16 Air Zonk.

Bill :D

CONGRATS!

Those sound like awesome finds indeed, being as how I'm a 2600 collector as well, I am envious of your find. *Beats "Dumpster Diving" behind game stores to find buried treasure. :smirk:

MD20XX

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Wow! Texas Chainsaw Massacre! Quite the find indeed my friend. Also, you gotta' love "Custer's Revenge". There's something about an atari game in which the entire point is simply based on dodging arrows so you rape an Indian tied to a cactus.

On a side note, my favorite Atari 2600 game has to be Kool-Aid Man.......*In Kool-Aid Man's voice*.......OH YEAH!!

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Thats one hell of a find. That almost beat my MVS deals and Chris1's AES deal he got. Truth is at all these places like GoodWill and FleeMarkets, you can find awesome deals.

Yes, thats an excellent find, I would have had trouble not shooting my wad right then and there:multi_co:

I've had some great 2600 finds in Goodwill too, I've gotten Miner 2049er, and M2049er Volume II from Goodwill...you just never know what you're going to find. I like going on 50% off Saturdays...then its even that much sweeter if you score.

vidgameman73

Geese's Thug
I guess my head was a little bigger than I thought it was after those finds, and who's wouldn't be?

I stopped back tonight just for shits and grins, and I shit you guys not, 98% of what was there last night, was GONE!!!

Apparently, it's that right place at the right time kind of thing. I can't believe how fast the "eScam devils" can strike. :annoyed:

Last edited:

scooby105

Kula's Candy
nice
my only good find of late has been a 1 slot with burning fight and a cps2A+B ssf2 for 74 shipped

resale shops and goodwill can have awesome finds as long as youre looking for stuff thats nes or older
i never had much luck at the shops, but ive had some good finds at garage sales before

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
vidgameman73 said:
I guess my head was a little bigger than I thought it was after those finds, and who's wouldn't be?

I stopped back tonight just for shits and grins, and I shit you guys not, 98% of what was there last night, was GONE!!!

Apparently, it's that right place at the right time kind of thing. I can't believe how fast the "devil" can strike. :annoyed:

Woah woah woah wait wait wait, you DIDN'T buy them?? If I were you I'd be kicking myself.

vidgameman73

Geese's Thug
DanAdamKOF said:
Woah woah woah wait wait wait, you DIDN'T buy them?? If I were you I'd be kicking myself.

Fuck yeah, I got 'em!!
The ones I named in my post, I snatched up immediately!!

What I meant was that there was other stuff still sitting there that I already have that was KINDA rare, mostly US Games stuff like Squeeze Box and Picnic, but I didn't pick them up. I figured fuck those ones, I got the good stuff. :glee:

It just amazes me how fast this stuff goes. There was probably 220 games AT LEAST left Friday night once I got the 12 or so I bought. But last night, there was only a few left. So, I'm sure they're up on eScam right now. :rolleyes:

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
vidgameman73 said:
Fuck yeah, I got 'em!!
The ones I named in my post, I snatched up immediately!!

What I meant was that there was other stuff still sitting there that I already have that was KINDA rare, mostly US Games stuff like Squeeze Box and Picnic, but I didn't pick them up. I figured fuck those ones, I got the good stuff. :glee:

It just amazes me how fast this stuff goes. There was probably 220 games AT LEAST left Friday night once I got the 12 or so I bought. But last night, there was only a few left. So, I'm sure they're up on eScam right now. :rolleyes:

Whew! The way you worded it (or perhaps I read it wrong) I thought you were gonna go back for them later and when you did you didn't see them.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
vidgameman73 said:
It doesn't happen often, but when it rains, it pours.......

I walked into a Goodwill last night around 7:30 PM expecting to find the same old, same old. I make my way through the store to the very back where they keep cartridges and whatnot. Much to my surprise, they have a MONOLITHICAL cedar chest full of what seemed to be 200-300 2600 carts.

So, I browse through them and I'm grabbing shit left and right. Stuff like Waterworld, (yes, Waterworld) Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Xonox double enders, Snoopy and the Red Baron, Shootin's Gallery, Rubik's Cube, Atari Video Cube, Silver Labeled Gravitar, later release Atari brown labels like Xenophobe, and all of all things, a Custer's Revenge!!

I also found stuff like Colecovision Star Wars:The Arcade, Mr. Do's Castle, Q*Bert's Qubes, Spy Hunter, Up 'N' Down, Tutankham, and Dr. Suess.

I haven't had a find like this since the advent of eBay, but there isn't really a large number of sellers/collectors in this particular area for some reason. To those of you who don't collect retro games, you may not be familiar with the rarity of these finds. But to those of you who are, you would be doing fucking cartwheels in the aisles. :buttrock:

I just felt compelled to write this post for some reason. I was getting kinda bored seeing 25 Combat's in a bin, but last night gave me an idea that there are STILL people out there who donate this stuff to thrift stores and don't really give a damn about what it's worth. And being there at the right place and right time doesn't hurt either.

This is also the same place I found my TG 16 Air Zonk.

Holy Shit..Congratulations..
I would of shit myself if I found those game in a Goodwill..

Waterworld & Texas Chainsaw Massacre are two rare fkn games not to mention the others..Shit..That's Awesome!!!

vidgameman73

Geese's Thug
It seems like alot of 80's stuff is appearing this weekend in my area for some reason.

My best friend Mike just called me tonight and apparently, he was at a Salvation Army yesterday and found a humongous trove of G1 Transformers. I guess a minty Megatron, Starscream, 3 Dinobots, including a Teal or light blue Grimlock, not sure which color, were among the 20+ he found. All in ONE bag. For $9.99!!!!! :eek_2: Lucky bastard, but I am happy for him.

Maybe people are doing some early Spring cleaning or something. I just find it really odd, especially around here, that this stuff is now appearing this late in the season. :)

Now if only I could find a stash of around 30 or some TG-16 games this coming weekend, but I think that might be too much to ask. I think I had my find for the next few years.

vidgameman73

Geese's Thug
Re: Re: Atari 2600 find bonanza!!

chris1 said:
Holy Shit..Congratulations..
I would of shit myself if I found those game in a Goodwill..

Waterworld & Texas Chainsaw Massacre are two rare fkn games not to mention the others..Shit..That's Awesome!!!

Last time I had a score like this, it would be either the time back in 1996 I found a boxed Vectrex with 11 complete games for $10. Or, the time, also in 1996, that I found my first CV Q*Bert's Qubes, 2600 Smurf Saves the Day with the 3 tapes, 7800 Water Ski, 7800 Rampage, 7800 Tank Command (All boxed) a Supercharger, CVC Gameline Master Module, and other rare, at that time, boxed stuff out the ass for $.60 each. I ended up walking away from this guy's truck with 26 carts and spent $13 on all of them. One of the best days I can remember.

Dude, I just now checked out your collection pics. That's fucking insane!!! And I thought my "Relic Room" was bad....... ;)

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Re: Re: Re: Atari 2600 find bonanza!!

vidgameman73 said:
Last time I had a score like this, it would be either the time back in 1996 I found a boxed Vectrex with 11 complete games for $10. Or, the time, also in 1996, that I found my first CV Q*Bert's Qubes, 2600 Smurf Saves the Day with the 3 tapes, 7800 Water Ski, 7800 Rampage, 7800 Tank Command (All boxed) a Supercharger, CVC Gameline Master Module, and other rare, at that time, boxed stuff out the ass for $.60 each. I ended up walking away from this guy's truck with 26 carts and spent $13 on all of them. One of the best days I can remember.

Dude, I just now checked out your collection pics. That's fucking insane!!! And I thought my "Relic Room" was bad....... ;)

Thanks..

My Collection pics are old too..I've went more insane since then.
I'm to lazy to update them since it's always changing..
I add something to that pile everyday.

Man..with the the find you wrote about above,I had to run out of the room to throw up.."Freaken awesome"..I would of been seriously sick if I found something like that..Sweeeet!!
I have had some great finds throughout the years but that's truly one of the best I've heard about..
I love the Great finds,it gives me my drive to keep searching every week.

vidgameman73

Geese's Thug
Re: Re: Re: Re: Atari 2600 find bonanza!!

chris1 said:
Thanks..

My Collection pics are old too..I've went more insane since then.
I'm to lazy to update them since it's always changing..
I add something to that pile everyday.

Man..with the the find you wrote about above,I had to run out of the room to throw up.."Freaken awesome"..I would of been seriously sick if I found something like that..Sweeeet!!
I have had some great finds throughout the years but that's truly one of the best I've heard about..
I love the Great finds,it gives me my drive to keep searching every week.

I need to post some pics of my stuff. Actually, ROOMS of shit. I have TOO MUCH!!!:help:

I told a few other people about what I'd had found and not surprisingly, they were a little flabbergasted. Since in this day and age with eScam, you don't find stuff like that anymore just lying around in ANY thrift store, ya know?

Also, just got my Double Dragon 2 for PC Engine SCD today. It's really good, has cut scenes that are nice, and the music is pretty good too. Definately worth what I paid for it.........:buttrock: