Atomiswave and YOU

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Yeah, no real loading time to speak of other than waiting for the Atomiswave splash screen. If you swap games you do need to go in and change the settings every time if you don't want to play on default settings. The board only saves the settings of the last game played.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
If you swap games you do need to go in and change the settings every time if you don't want to play on default settings. The board only saves the settings of the last game played.

It doesn't save high-scores? :confused:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Once you swap the games, the memory is cleared. I suppose they didn't expect arcade operators to change out the games much.

Arcadecrazy

New Challenger
just wondering for those of you that have knowledge on this system what is the average price for a consolized atomiswave? they seem a bit expensive for such a small library. Just so tempting for metal slug six.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
If you don't build it yourself forget about consolized Atomiswave. Just buy a board and a supergun. Unless you can find a builder who will not assrape you like Xian Xi or something.

The reason I say this is because most of the consolized units I've seen sell for a ridiculous amount of money and I can't figure out why. For a modder it's really easy to mod and doesn't take much time. The materials don't cost much: loose motherboard $100, power supply $30, miscellaneous other parts $20. You don't even need a video encoder if you have a vga or rgb monitor. Yet I see motherfuckers wanting $500 for them.

JLZ

Rugal's Thug
So, with games like kof xi, is there an easy way to get the hidden characters unlocked? If not, don't you need to leave the game on for a load of hours?

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
So, with games like kof xi, is there an easy way to get the hidden characters unlocked? If not, don't you need to leave the game on for a load of hours?

Hundreds. Thousands.

I've never seen an unlocked character on my Atomiswave KoF carts :P

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Hundreds. Thousands.

I've never seen an unlocked character on my Atomiswave KoF carts :P

Gotta be kidding, haha. I guess you need a dedicated motherboard. And lots of play time. Maybe there will be a unibios for atomiswave someday.

JLZ

Rugal's Thug
So does the timer reset when you power down the atomiswave?

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic

I doubt it, I think the board has an internal clock... pretty sure you can set the date. It would be too much to require the board to be powered on all the time.

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member

Not sure what the correct behavior is, I can only speak for mine. But the timer does not re-set at power down. Only if I swap out a cart.

JLZ

Rugal's Thug
I know that you can get around the time locked character in Martial Masters on the pgm by just setting the system clock forwards.

Anyone tried that of the atomiswave?

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
I know that you can get around the time locked character in Martial Masters on the pgm by just setting the system clock forwards.

Anyone tried that of the atomiswave?

I do not believe that will work. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that the requirement is by number of hours of operation, not a total acquired by a date. Ie, it has to be on for 1100 hours consecutively (w/o switching out carts, power down is ok), not be turned on at a date 1100 hours after the first time it was turned on.

robot

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Got a few boots from Aliexpress today - all work great and arrived pretty quickly! Games averaged out to $30 apiece and another $30 for DHL 3 day shipping.

• Fist of the North Star is a pretty amazing fighting game. Can't wait to really sit down with it and learn a character. Amazing visuals, super fast gameplay, everything about it is just awesome.
  • Dolphin Blue is really fun, maybe not up to snuff with some of the Slugs, but the Dolphin is really cool. Should be a ton of fun in 2p.
  • Guilty Gear Isuka is very mediocre. Wasn't aware it was 4 players with a turn button, think I mixed it up with Guilty Gear X 1.5. Doesn't help that I played Xrd a week before this arrived. Glad I only paid $25 though it sounds like a legit copy is not much more, lol. Oh well.
Going to do 2 more orders of 3 over the next few months:
Set 1: Metal Slug 6, Samurai Shodown 6, KoF XI
Set 2: Neo Battle Coliseum, Rumble Fish 1 or 2, Knights of Valor

Really enjoying these games. Fist of the North Star is by far my favorite so far.

JLZ

Rugal's Thug
I got my atomiswave yesterday but only had a brief look at the games because I ran out of time. Some of them had a few graphical glitches until I turned up the voltage on the supergun, which seemed to work.

I was really surprised how nice and sharp the graphics are via dsub VGA. The pictures and YouTube videos really don't do the system justice.

Is it worth doing the stereo mod? Is it tricky?

DeusVult

Another Striker
I got my atomiswave yesterday but only had a brief look at the games because I ran out of time. Some of them had a few graphical glitches until I turned up the voltage on the supergun, which seemed to work.

I was really surprised how nice and sharp the graphics are via dsub VGA. The pictures and YouTube videos really don't do the system justice.

Is it worth doing the stereo mod? Is it tricky?

never used aliexpress before, what was the delivery times like?

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
damn it, I've always been tempted by the Atomiswave... this makes things worse ;)

Have fun with your systems!

mikey

Marked Wolf
Stereo mod is really easy, you just solder to these pads with the yellow box around them, and you get line level stereo output. Sounds awesome in stereo!

awstereora1.jpg

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I got my Atmomiswave and most of my games before the boots started flowing, I did get 3 booties, the 3 more expensive games at the time. Samsho 6 with the glitches in the America stage, MSlug 6 which works pretty damn good and FOTNS which plays perfect as well. I also got all the other titles I could ever want in this system. I believe my 13 titles are just great, every game is awesome I can't complaint.

Guilty Gear Isuka is awesome, I know is hard to adjust but if you put some conscious effort and learn the combinations for attacks in different planes the game turns for the better. I play this like Guardian Heroes and Code of Princess, not a fighting game, more like a brawler with a fighting game combo system, the thing is you can't pull of this fighting game commands and not flipping sides thus the "turn" button.

Funny I was just talking about this with DZ the other day...

jeffensminger

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
Got a few boots from Aliexpress today - all work great and arrived pretty quickly! Games averaged out to $30 apiece and another $30 for DHL 3 day shipping.

• Fist of the North Star is a pretty amazing fighting game. Can't wait to really sit down with it and learn a character. Amazing visuals, super fast gameplay, everything about it is just awesome.
  • Dolphin Blue is really fun, maybe not up to snuff with some of the Slugs, but the Dolphin is really cool. Should be a ton of fun in 2p.
  • Guilty Gear Isuka is very mediocre. Wasn't aware it was 4 players with a turn button, think I mixed it up with Guilty Gear X 1.5. Doesn't help that I played Xrd a week before this arrived. Glad I only paid $25 though it sounds like a legit copy is not much more, lol. Oh well.
Going to do 2 more orders of 3 over the next few months:
Set 1: Metal Slug 6, Samurai Shodown 6, KoF XI
Set 2: Neo Battle Coliseum, Rumble Fish 1 or 2, Knights of Valor

Really enjoying these games. Fist of the North Star is by far my favorite so far.

Did they charge you $30 shipping for each cart? Do you remember which seller you went through?

robot

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I got my Atmomiswave and most of my games before the boots started flowing, I did get 3 booties, the 3 more expensive games at the time. Samsho 6 with the glitches in the America stage, MSlug 6 which works pretty damn good and FOTNS which plays perfect as well. I also got all the other titles I could ever want in this system. I believe my 13 titles are just great, every game is awesome I can't complaint.

Guilty Gear Isuka is awesome, I know is hard to adjust but if you put some conscious effort and learn the combinations for attacks in different planes the game turns for the better. I play this like Guardian Heroes and Code of Princess, not a fighting game, more like a brawler with a fighting game combo system, the thing is you can't pull of this fighting game commands and not flipping sides thus the "turn" button.

Funny I was just talking about this with DZ the other day...

Yea, I'm not ready to throw in the towel on Isuka just yet - one of the problems is I don't have the 5th button in a suitable place yet (using a hori neo stick) so I'm sure things will improve when I'm playing it properly. I loved playing on multiple planes in Yu Yu Hakusho for the MD, that turn button will definitely take some getting used to!

But...getting FotNS with it did not help at all. That game is incredible - might be my favorite Arc Systems game. And I played Xrd a week prior which is another outstanding fighter. Bad timing for Isuka I guess.

never used aliexpress before, what was the delivery times like?

I paid for DHL shipping ($30?) and it took about a week to prepare the order and once it shipped it arrived in like 3 days. Worth the extra cash if you're putting in a large order.