Bad games are good. Bad games are bad.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
So I thought for shits and giggles we could make a thread on this. I'm sure this has been done before (probably me) so it's official, original thought is dead. I'm going to exclude move/tv show based games since that's too easy.

Legend of Success Joe:

Awful, just awful. I don't get how this was ever made. I'll probably play it again though because it's so hilariously bad.

Riding Hero:

Not as bad as LoSJ but just bland. Nothing that would make me come back. If the game is bland and just average, I won't have a reason to come back.

Street Fighter: The Movie: the console version (Sega Saturn):

Not as bad as people make it out to be. I 1cc'd it with Ken. I had fun. Good music. Horrible graphics. I would play this again. I hear that the arcade version is actually a different beast. Maybe if I get on Mame I'll try that one.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
I applaud talking games on games forum. Makes sense to me.

Mortal Kombat Mythologies: Sub-Zero - the title would suggest they planned more of these? Not sure. At any rate, miserable game. Slow, plodding repetitive, samey.

Superman 64 - holy POS. Incredibly bad. Zero play testing on any level could have occurred here. Words can't describe how ugly the graphics are, how horrible the controls are, and if you ever manage to complete a section, you have to complete the next section(s) to get to a save point. Each section is monotonous and brutally bad / difficult. If 100 people beat this in the 25 years it's been a thing i'd be shocked.

Unknown Title - it was a 2D fighter with life-like japanese girl heads on weird paper mache looking cartoon bodies. You could kick and punch, knocking the heads off of their bloody torsos. Incredily bad and definitely worthy of playing at least once.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Man some of the best janky trash is licensed stuff.

it's a free for all here at ng.com

most threads get derailed with talk about NeoDogg's mom (sweet lady, really)

if you want to enlighten us, be my guest

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member

Mortal Kombat Mythologies: Sub-Zero - the title would suggest they planned more of these? Not sure. At any rate, miserable game. Slow, plodding repetitive, samey.

Superman 64 - holy POS. Incredibly bad. Zero play testing on any level could have occurred here. Words can't describe how ugly the graphics are, how horrible the controls are, and if you ever manage to complete a section, you have to complete the next section(s) to get to a save point. Each section is monotonous and brutally bad / difficult. If 100 people beat this in the 25 years it's been a thing i'd be shocked.

Unknown Title - it was a 2D fighter with life-like japanese girl heads on weird paper mache looking cartoon bodies. You could kick and punch, knocking the heads off of their bloody torsos. Incredily bad and definitely worthy of playing at least once.

I have never taken it upon myself to try out Superman 64. I have an N64 collecting dust and a flash cart, I should try it.

I like MK Mythologies: Sub Zero. It's an awful game but I think I like MK for it's awfulness anyway.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Ninja Blade
Escape from Bug Island
Never Dead
50 Cent Blood on the Sand
Scarface
Batman & Robin PS1
Total overdose
Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard
Marlow Briggs
Fast and Furious Crossroads

This stuff is all over the place quality wise but there's something at least entertaining or stupid/broken enough to be fun for a little bit in each.

Edit: almost forgot Ride to Hell: Retribution

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
Street Fighter: The Movie: the console version (Sega Saturn):

Not as bad as people make it out to be. I 1cc'd it with Ken. I had fun. Good music. Horrible graphics. I would play this again. I hear that the arcade version is actually a different beast. Maybe if I get on Mame I'll try that one.
SF The Movie The Gayme is ok because it's Capcom trying hard to fix the fuckups from the absolutely abysmal arcade version developed by Incredible Technologies, you know to rescue their investments. Kinda mind boggling that they let a third rate western company oil up Kylie Minogue instead of doing it themselves in the first place.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
It was going to be SF3 - Let that settle in

Only if you’re talking new challengers but I could think of so many worse fighting games out there. I’ve been meaning to play the Jackie Chan one.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I’ve been meaning to play the Jackie Chan one.
WTF. I just played this for the first time two days ago. Yeah you can't even play as Jackie, maybe he's the boss, IDK. It seemed tame until the game did a fatality on me and my character's head came off.

Just a really goofy MK clone. Worth playing for ten minutes.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
You guys should watch bbh 1cc all these awful games on YouTube

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member

This was such a bummer. A Sub-Zero action game could have been great if they did it right.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
This was such a bummer. A Sub-Zero action game could have been great if they did it right.
They were going to do a game per character

.. there's only one good MK game so it's understandable tbh

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Lach, you said the room sounds like it probably smells like farts or something, and bbh was not a big fan. I remember lolling

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Lach, you said the room sounds like it probably smells like farts or something, and bbh was not a big fan. I remember lolling
It wasn't personally directed but by god did he feel it so. Hilarious.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Come back to me when he's a fuckin astronaut alright pal.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member

Is Superman 64 the one where Superman himself actually takes no damage but his "health" is essentially the city/innocent people he has to protect? So you can't allow to much destruction? I always thought that was a neat concept, but maybe it was a different Superman game?

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
You guys should watch bbh 1cc all these awful games on YouTube
The games don't seem so awful, if you can watch someone 1cc them. You have to work out a strategic approach to do that, even if it's a bad game.

I think games can be like movies- where they're "so bad they're good". And there are games (and movies) that are just bad, or boring.

Last edited:

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Sure. I agree. The jackie chan game(s) are not them however. There's a ton of irredeemable games out there.

And consoles

ps: fuck the n64