Batman the animated series thread. Weakshit discussion of TDKR here. go to other thread.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Two things:

I want freeze because he had a romantic sub plot that was just amazingly done in the animated series.
What you are describing is a Mr. Freeze story. I can understand how you'd mistakenly think that was a good idea, since the last movie was a Joker & Two Face story. It was a Joker & Two Face movie that kind of just happened to have Batman in it. But what you're not getting is that they could do that in 'Dark Knight' because it was the MIDDLE movie. What you want might work (If Nolan could make the whole freeze stuff work with the tone he's created) if the upcoming movie was going to be the third of five Batman movies. But it's not. It's going to be the final one.

This movie is the end of the BATMAN story, so the movie has to be a story about Batman.

I want freeze because he had a romantic sub plot that was just amazingly done in the animated series.

Bane is a fucking horrible enemy, hes like croc. He belongs in the background of a bigger enemy.
You say that because you don't know who Bane is. Maybe you only know him through the Schumacher movie and his couple appearances in the cartoon. No. He's not a thug, he's not a pawn and he's not a henchman. He uses others as his pawns. Aside from his strength, he was created to be highly intelligent and a tactical genius equal to Batman. In the first Batman story in which he appeared, he came to Gotham and immediately smoked Batman out. He completely out-thought and out-maneuvered him, tricking Batman into revealing his identity -- something longtime villains like Joker, Riddler, Two-Face, etc. (anyone other than Ra's) have never accomplished, and took him out completely before Batman even knew what was coming. He broke Batman's back with his strength, but he beat Batman with his mind.

Despite being created in the shitty 1990s, Bane is actually a very good character and a very good Batman antagonist when written correctly.

edit: Yeah, what Reality Check said while I was typing this.

Last edited:

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
I still just generally dislike Bane, though. The character, his sensibilities, everything about him, screams 'shitty 90s era comic book super villain.'

I thought that too until the episode of Young Justice he was in voiced by Danny Trejo

SSS

neo retired
Trailer looks great. Though Catwoman's costume looks like a joke.

From now on, all your video game rants and retarded webisodes of kaboomzies or whatever the fuck it's called should be limited to just 2 sentences.

No more details needed, people will just know what you mean.

Actually, no posts at all should be needed. we already know.

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
Is that Hines Ward outrunning an explosion? Wow, that must have taken some serious special effects. ;)

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
I hate pretentious cunts. Though Spike is a decent guy.

I guess by your definition I just called you a pretentious decent cunt.

Someone might read your post and reasonably think so.

Lesson of the day: Periods aren't just those moments of serendipity denoting you pulled out in time, they are also helpful breaks between thoughts and phrases.

Subordinating conjunctions like "though" are not used in independent clauses. Your lesson of the day contains a comma splice and a capitalization error. These defensive outbursts only serve to demonstrate how very insecure you are. For reals. Sorry for bumping the thread.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I must be the only person who didn't have a problem with Batman's voice in TDK but man those few snippets of Bane speaking just sound fucking goofy. Like a lame impression of Buffalo Bill.

Hot Chocolate

20 Year Member
I must be the only person who didn't have a problem with Batman's voice in TDK but man those few snippets of Bane speaking just sound fucking goofy. Like a lame impression of Buffalo Bill.

He does have that big ass mask covering his mouth which must have been fun to speak his lines through while filming

Last edited:

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
I don't give a shit what Bane sounds like, this looks pretty awesome to me.

Hot Chocolate

20 Year Member
I don't give a shit what Bane sounds like, this looks pretty awesome to me.

I gotta say that's one hell of a way to break outta custody on a fraking plane

I do love the chatter on the interweb

"Oh it's so underwhelming compared to the Avengers"

Mutha fuckah please, arguably two( maybe three with Amazing Spidey ) awesome superhero movies almost back to back with two coming out in the same fraking month

Last edited:

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
Yeah. Looks like they're really gonna try hard to equal the big crazy action scenes of Dark Knight.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I gotta say that's one hell of a way to break outta custody on a fraking plane

I do love the chatter on the interweb

"Oh it's so underwhelming compared to the Avengers"

Mutha fuckah please, arguably two( maybe three with Amazing Spidey ) awesome superhero movies almost back to back with two coming out in the same fraking month
Yeah, this is looking to be a pretty good year. Then GI Joe, which actually looks good, and Prometheus, which looks completely unbelievable.

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
I enjoyed the first two alot.

I doubt the third will be any different.

aria

Former Moderator
This looks like the only superhero movie worth giving a damn about this year.

Like a lame impression of Buffalo Bill.

"Would you fuck me, Batman? I'd fuck me. I'd fuck me hard."

T.A.P.

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
Apparently this comes out on my birthday.

T.A.P.

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
This looks like the only superhero movie worth giving a damn about this year.

"Would you fuck me, Batman? I'd fuck me. I'd fuck me hard."

Can we get another shirtless youtube video of you doing that with the Bane mask on?

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
There are only two shirtless youtube bros on this site and Bob ain't one of them

90s

This is the hand that launched a thousand batches.
What made me really like Batman is all of the animated series and movies; they are the definitive Batman for me. I always liked Bane in BTAS and even in the recent Justice League DOOM movie, but to me, he is not on the level of other Batman villains like the Joker, Two Face, The Riddler, Ras, and the Penguin. To me, he is in a second tier with Killer Croc, Clay Face, Scarface, and the Clock King. Some of my favourite episodes of BTAS were with those villains, but they are still not as good as the others. To me, the Bane character can't carry this movie. I keep waiting for some crazy surprise where mayve Ras is back or something.

BTW, check out Batman: Redd Hood for a great Batman animated movie. My second fave behind Mask of the Phantasm.

BryLmoo

AES Contact Cleaner, Extraordinaire!!!,
20 Year Member
There were pretty credible rumors that Liam Neeson was shooting scenes for this movie. So, if that's to be believed, Ras is back this time around. I remember seeing a spy pic taken of the shoot around the beginning that looked to depict a lazarus pit...who knows. I believe this movie will have some mad flashbacks. I don't, however, think that Bruce Wayne will die. I believe that it will be a symbolic killing of batman, kinda like a retiring of the mantel sorta thing. I'm sad that this is Nolan's final bat film. =(

Hot Chocolate

20 Year Member
Yeah, this is looking to be a pretty good year. Then GI Joe, which actually looks good, and Prometheus, which looks completely unbelievable.

Can't believe I had forgotten about those two, yeah this summer is packed