Battlestar Galactica

Megatron X

X nortageM,
ok ... anybody watching the final season/series ??? post ...
today's episode was great ... the president looked freaky as bald ...

Xavier

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
20 Year Member
I caught the first episode or two of the season....awesome show.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I still have not watched any of this show. I keep waiting for the first season to drop in price or something.

Mr.Nemoperson

Bunker Buster
15 Year Member
I have been watching. It is probably my favorite show on TV right now. But that ain't saying much since I only watch maby 2 other shows regularly.
This season has been great so far. No filler episodes or nothing. I guess they said screw trying to get new viewers and are now just trying to please the fans for the final seasons.

Megatron X

X nortageM,
yeah ... i wish they would not have ended it and continued for one more season ... i'm still wondering who is the last cylon hybrid ... could it be kara ???

Mr.Nemoperson

Bunker Buster
15 Year Member
Megatron X said:
yeah ... i wish they would not have ended it and continued for one more season ... i'm still wondering who is the last cylon hybrid ... could it be kara ???

I am pretty sure I read that Ronald Moore said that the last one was not a character we have seen in the show yet. But then again he may have said that to throw people off. Who knows at this point. They have not given any clues so there really is no point in guessing.

Xavier

20 Year Member
I dunno, it was kinda weird how she flew directly into a black hole (or whatever)and then all of a sudden popped back a couple months later like nothing happened. And it wasnt the same ship and it was brand new.
Anyways the last season was a real cliff hanger on the last episode, then you gotta wait over a year for the next show through the strike. Also sucking even though it was a good show.... the first two episodes they do make arnt part of the story but a flashback. (Razor)

Xavier

20 Year Member
SouthtownKid said:
I still have not watched any of this show. I keep waiting for the first season to drop in price or something.

They have it on Hd-Dvd, I keep meaning to get it. Op its a little late now. I have season 2.5..I wasnt able to catch it on tv. I hate how they run tv shows they mix up all the episodes when they play repeats. Im sure it has somthing to do syndication rights and they dont purchase all the episodes. This is pretty much original content though.

Megatron X

X nortageM,
Xavier said:
I dunno, it was kinda weird how she flew directly into a black hole (or whatever)and then all of a sudden popped back a couple months later like nothing happened. And it wasnt the same ship and it was brand new.
Anyways the last season was a real cliff hanger on the last episode, then you gotta wait over a year for the next show through the strike. Also sucking even though it was a good show.... the first two episodes they do make arnt part of the story but a flashback. (Razor)

yeah that's what i've been thinking ... kara coming back , her ship brand spanking new , then all of a sudden she sees earth and then starts to have these intuition flashes (whatever you want to call them) of being close to earth ... that has got me thinking a lot ... maybe she returned as a cylon hybrid or something ... :conf:

Mr.Nemoperson said:
I am pretty sure I read that Ronald Moore said that the last one was not a character we have seen in the show yet. But then again he may have said that to throw people off. Who knows at this point. They have not given any clues so there really is no point in guessing.

i don't know ... think about it for a moment ... kara flew down into that weird black hole and if my memory is correct her raptor and her blew up ... all of a sudden she comes back like nothing happened in a new raptor and says she saw earth, then starts to hve these intuition flashes that when they jump she goes nuts ... seriously you know something is up ...

Mr.Nemoperson

Bunker Buster
15 Year Member
Oh yeah obviously that needs to be explained.
But Kara's ship didn't explode in a black hole. It was some sort of gas giant cloud thing since it was in a planets atmosphere. So that whole time warp black hole theory is questionable as well.
And if you really wanted to get super geeky with it you could ask why the cylons weren't able to detect Kara was a cylon when she was being held captive at that baby farm place in season 2 :loco:
I just think having her as the last cylon would be kind of lame is all. But you are right in that all the signs point to her as being the last one.
There are alot of strange plot twists that need to be explained before the show is over. Like why Baltar was seeing and talking to himself in that one episode.

Megatron X said:
yeah that's what i've been thinking ... kara coming back , her ship brand spanking new , then all of a sudden she sees earth and then starts to have these intuition flashes (whatever you want to call them) of being close to earth ... that has got me thinking a lot ... maybe she returned as a cylon hybrid or something ... :conf:

i don't know ... think about it for a moment ... kara flew down into that weird black hole and if my memory is correct her raptor and her blew up ... all of a sudden she comes back like nothing happened in a new raptor and says she saw earth, then starts to hve these intuition flashes that when they jump she goes nuts ... seriously you know something is up ...

Megatron X

X nortageM,
Mr.Nemoperson said:
Oh yeah obviously that needs to be explained.
But Kara's ship didn't explode in a black hole. It was some sort of gas giant cloud thing since it was in a planets atmosphere. So that whole time warp black hole theory is questionable as well.
And if you really wanted to get super geeky with it you could ask why the cylons weren't able to detect Kara was a cylon when she was being held captive at that baby farm place in season 2 :loco:
I just think having her as the last cylon would be kind of lame is all. But you are right in that all the signs point to her as being the last one.
There are alot of strange plot twists that need to be explained before the show is over. Like why Baltar was seeing and talking to himself in that one episode.
yeah i forgot all about that ... damn i have to see all that again ... lol ...
as for baltar , at first i was like wtf is up with him ... i tell ya i actually thought he was going nuts ...
damn they need a lot of explaining to do , but i don't want it to end now ... heh ...

Battlestar Galactica Site

Last edited:

BC_Gambit

Beni,
I hope they manage to end the series on a strong note and tie up the loose ends. So far so good, but they have a ways to go.

I heard they are now going to do a "prequel series" based 50 years prior to the Cylon attacks of the second show. It is supposedly a "family drama / sci-fi hybrid so my hopes are not super high.

That being said, the current series was billed as "an updated Galactica with sexy cylons" and it ended up very watchable so who knows.

BoriquaSNK

His Excellency BoriquaSNK,, The Ambassador of Appl
15 Year Member
It's easily the best show on TV right now.

I mean, they completely murdered all expectations with this thing. Effing amazing.

thirdkind

Chin's Bartender
20 Year Member
BoriquaSNK said:
It's easily the best show on TV right now.

I mean, they completely murdered all expectations with this thing. Effing amazing.

Truth.

It was slathered with cheese when they first announced it and being on SciFi with professional wrestling and grade D horror flicks all but doomed the show to mediocrity, but they fucking nailed it.

I have high hopes for the spinoff and can't wait for a Blu-ray release.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
are you guys talking about the new series?
i was watching the old series on hulu while studying for finals a few weeks ago.

Megatron X

X nortageM,
rarehero said:
are you guys talking about the new series?
i was watching the old series on hulu while studying for finals a few weeks ago.
yes we are talking about the new series ...

Megatron X

X nortageM,
today's episode was awesome ...
i'm dying to know who's the 5th hybrid cylon and about the vision of the opera house ...
why is it that sharon has the visions, but the other's (sharon clones, six, gaius) don't ???
so many questions ...

post thoughts, comments, etc ...

Mr.Nemoperson

Bunker Buster
15 Year Member
Im guessing Sharon aka Athena is having the vision because she is the mother to Harrah. The six that is locked up on Galactica , the one that had a relationship with Baltar and helped start the attack on Caprica, is having the vision as well. The only other person that has seen it is Roslin.
I would say the vision is one big ass foreshadow to whats going to happen to Harrah. The opera house has been alluded to in a couple of flashback/hallucination/visions throughout the show. Like when Baltar crashed lands on Colbalt. He hallucinates he is in an opera house with Six. And he sees that baby crib. Also when Dianna saw the faces of the five she seemed to be what looked like an opera house. There maby more that I am forgetting.
Of coarse it all could be BS and the shows production staff was just reusing sets :smirk:

Last nights show was great. I can't wait to see how Adama reacts when he finds out Col. Tigh is a Cylon. Also it should be interesting how the Cylons react when they find out that the Six leader chick was killed. And I would not be surprised if Gaida were to start singing All Along the Watchtower:loco:

Megatron X said:
today's episode was awesome ...
i'm dying to know who's the 5th hybrid cylon and about the vision of the opera house ...
why is it that sharon has the visions, but the other's (sharon clones, six, gaius) don't ???
so many questions ...

post thoughts, comments, etc ...

Megatron X

X nortageM,
Mr.Nemoperson said:
Im guessing Sharon aka Athena is having the vision because she is the mother to Harrah. The six that is locked up on Galactica , the one that had a relationship with Baltar and helped start the attack on Caprica, is having the vision as well. The only other person that has seen it is Roslin.
I would say the vision is one big ass foreshadow to whats going to happen to Harrah. The opera house has been alluded to in a couple of flashback/hallucination/visions throughout the show. Like when Baltar crashed lands on Colbalt. He hallucinates he is in an opera house with Six. And he sees that baby crib. Also when Dianna saw the faces of the five she seemed to be what looked like an opera house. There maby more that I am forgetting.
Of coarse it all could be BS and the shows production staff was just reusing sets :smirk:

Last nights show was great. I can't wait to see how Adama reacts when he finds out Col. Tigh is a Cylon. Also it should be interesting how the Cylons react when they find out that the Six leader chick was killed. And I would not be surprised if Gaida were to start singing All Along the Watchtower:loco:
heh i forgot about that ...
thanks for reminding me about gaius baltar having the visions as well ... i really forgot about it ...
oh man that's is going to be something to see how adama reacts when saul is revealed as a cylon hybrid ; heck i want to see everyone's reaction especially kara when her "husband" is revealed ...
i'm wondering as well how the cylons and the hybrids wll react when sharon popped six ... that was kind of messed up though ...
oh ... tory (rekha sharma) is hot ... :drool:

Megatron X

X nortageM,
wow .. today's (friday) episode was awesome ...
first admiral william adama is on a hunt for president roslin,
next colonel saul is banging six and she is pregnant :spock: ;
colonel saul and admiral william fight (wish they continued, lol),
then lee adama searches for presidents and (wants to be) ends up being the president (had a strong feeling he was going to end up as president),
and now one of the 5 cylon/hybrids is president roslin which will be on next week episode ...
so now that explains the whole opera house dreams connection with roslin, sharon, six & baltar ...
frack me ...
things seemed to point on kara real good ... wtf ???
so many twist ...

damn this show owns ... :buttrock:

and now i go hit the sack ... zzz

IcBlUsCrN

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
was there a episode today? man i need cable , anyway a have a pretty good idea who the last cylon is ....ready....dirk benadict yup.
i do have a question dr boltar tested the officers on galactica why did he not find CL tiegh?

oh just found out #3 or was it #5 was played by lucy lawless xena, i could'nt tell lol

Last edited:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
This is the shit with Olmos in it right?

Can't be all bad.

Mr.Nemoperson

Bunker Buster
15 Year Member
was there a episode today? man i need cable , anyway a have a pretty good idea who the last cylon is ....ready....dirk benadict yup.
i do have a question dr boltar tested the officers on galactica why did he not find CL tiegh?

oh just found out #3 or was it #5 was played by lucy lawless xena, i could'nt tell lol

Baltar made a test but it never worked. They mention it in one of the earlier episodes (after boomer shoots Adama) and also in one of the episodes this season.

IcBlUsCrN

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Baltar made a test but it never worked. They mention it in one of the earlier episodes (after boomer shoots Adama) and also in one of the episodes this season.

it was in the first season boomer was the first person tested and he found out she was a cylon six congratulates him on the working cylon detector but if he told boomer she would break his neck he then changed the results, then he tested col tighs wife and gius says she passed , the 6 tells him “if they only new everyone passes these days” gius says its so much easier when theres no muss no fuss.

after boomer shoots adama she tell boltar that his detector does not work and he says it works just fine.... So he has to know something or the story is screwed up

So no episode yesterday?

Mr.Nemoperson

Bunker Buster
15 Year Member
it was in the first season boomer was the first person tested and he found out she was a cylon six congratulates him on the working cylon detector but if he told boomer she would break his neck he then changed the results, then he tested col tighs wife and gius says she passed , the 6 tells him “if they only new everyone passes these days” gius says its so much easier when theres no muss no fuss.

after boomer shoots adama she tell boltar that his detector does not work and he says it works just fine.... So he has to know something or the story is screwed up

So no episode yesterday?

Yeah there was a new episode last Friday. You can check it out on the Sci-Fi channel website. They have entire episodes after they are aired.
The cylon detector plot point didn't really pan out very well. Whether it worked or not never was clear. One could claim that since Col. Tigh is one of the final five cylons that his blood or whatever is different from the others cylons.
But its all BS since the final five story line probably wasn't even in the works in earlier seasons. At the very least the writers didn't have anyone in mind on who they would be. If you listen to the podcast commentary for season 3's last few episodes you can tell they just came up with who the final five were going to be mid-way through the season.

Last edited: