Best online 2d fighter?

pyrokilla

Vice's grappling partner...naked,
SFAC? or CVSSNK2?

I have Chaos and its meh with lag.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I like CvS2 and SFAC equally. Can't wait for the KOF double pack, though. I hope they get the netcode down for that shit.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Meh, maybe I'll get involved on the KOF compet.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Lord Wolfgang Krauser said:
Meh, maybe I'll get involved on the KOF compet.

Your chances would be better in something like SF. I mean, lag-wise. If the netcoding is anything like SvC, it will be a nightmare. Then again, you play a lot on Kaillera, so you might be used to it. Would be fun to play against you and chat through headset at the same time.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
SonGohan said:
Your chances would be better in something like SF. I mean, lag-wise. If the netcoding is anything like SvC, it will be a nightmare. Then again, you play a lot on Kaillera, so you might be used to it. Would be fun to play against you and chat through headset at the same time.

Im pretty crazy in the III series. I use a few chars exclusively, but I have some deadly mix ups with the ones I use.
Man I get so much delay now I can play with it, even get max combos out with it sometimes.
Cable sucks a fat nut for online play, I dont care what anyone says. Going from DSL to cable for netplay is immediately noticable.

The lag most people complain about I'd love to trade for. Cable is a ever changing connection, so random choppy fuck ups are everywhere.

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
Lord Wolfgang Krauser said:
Im pretty crazy in the III series. I use a few chars exclusively, but I have some deadly mix ups with the ones I use.
Man I get so much delay now I can play with it, even get max combos out with it sometimes.
Cable sucks a fat nut for online play, I dont care what anyone says. Going from DSL to cable for netplay is immediately noticable.

The lag most people complain about I'd love to trade for. Cable is a ever changing connection, so random choppy fuck ups are everywhere.

I'm thinking this is because your local cable ISP is crap and doesn't have enough nodes in your area.

Believe it or not Comcast in my area is adequate.

Oh and here's a vote for SFAC as the best current online fighter.

Here's another hope for the KOF double pack.

Tehcno

Bao's Babysitter
20 Year Member
I'd go with CVSSNK2. I like that game more.

Last edited:

Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew

BANNED , Banned , Here's why
10 Year Member
buttasuperb said:
SFAC > CVS2 > SVC > GGXX#RELAG
I'd put GG ahead of SVC since i've gotten some matches in without lag and the game is so far better than SVC even with the fucking lag. SVC is a steamy pile.

kafuin_gaira

Viewpoint Vigilante
what's the majority of sfac play?
3s i would assume.

do enough people sign on for turbo? i can only take 3s in small doses before hating the game all over again.

Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew

BANNED , Banned , Here's why
10 Year Member
kafuin_gaira said:
what's the majority of sfac play?
3s i would assume.

do enough people sign on for turbo? i can only take 3s in small doses before hating the game all over again.
Whenever I feel like getting my ass thrown around I play hyper and never have to wait too long for a match. I would say a good amount of people play old school.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
FatGuy said:
Whenever I feel like getting my ass thrown around I play hyper and never have to wait too long for a match. I would say a good amount of people play old school.

Yeah, there are quite a few people playing HSF2. Unfortunately they kick my ass every time I play. Getting beaten by some T.Hawk user 20 times in a row hurts my pride.

cam347

Crossed Swords Squire
3S=best online 2-D fighter
ST=you better step up your game, pretty much only the hardcore play this one online
CVS2=random lag, not bad I just prefer 3S- plus I get dropped a lot by high ranked players, WTF?
Chaos= bad button delay, some people worse than others but 30-40% is unplayable(not having time to block a fireball from full screen)
GG=my exp w/ local peeps are good, but I really don't play it much. I would say it's similar to Chaos- the good can be good and the bad can be unplayable.

shirt

Andy's Clothes Designer
Most definitely SFAC for now, hopefully soon to be contested by Samsho V Special.