Best Supergun to use?

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Dreamer said:
Ah, I see, thanks Amano.

CPS2 games like D&D won't need a kick harness, since they don't use all the buttons, correct?

Is changing the kick harness just plug & play? If you have more than 1 CPS1/2 etc. board ,you'll have to change the kick harness each time, right?

The D&D games don't need a kick harness, the 4 buttons are in the JAMMA harness just like MVS. You would need an extra connector if you wanted 3 or 4 players though.

See this for more info on kick harnesses:

http://www.homearcade.org/BBBB/plus.html

As explained here, it is recommended to have a part of the kick harness always connected to the supergun, and the other part just stays with each pcb according to its type.

About having more than one board connected to the supergun, again I don't see the point as switching a JAMMA harness takes like 5-10 seconds, and there could be some trouble due to parallel connection with video, controls, etc.

gamejunkie

Hijacked by a Spambot!
Amano Jacu said:
About having more than one board connected to the supergun, again I don't see the point as switching a JAMMA harness takes like 5-10 seconds, and there could be some trouble due to parallel connection with video, controls, etc.

I know most people are content with an unhoused non switching supergun. But for people like me that are SUPER lazy and want to impress their friends by switching games with the flip/turn of a switch this if for them. How will be ever know if there are problems with multiple boards video and controls wired together without ever trying it? I need to find some really cheap sucky jamma boards that I can play around with...

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Amano Jacu said:
I don't think you're taking into account the creative aspect of making superguns for some people. If I ever get round to learning how to make these (highly unlikely though I'd like to), part of the motivation would be to make something different. the idea of muliple boards partially trails behind the allure of multislot MVS'.

gamejunkie

Hijacked by a Spambot!
DevilRedeemed said:
I don't think you're taking into account the creative aspect of making superguns for some people. If I ever get round to learning how to make these (highly unlikely though I'd like to), part of the motivation would be to make something different. the idea of muliple boards partially trails behind the allure of multislot MVS'.

Plus you could say your setup pwned everyone else's supergun for free!

Do you think it would be better for the boards to lay flat on top of each other or slide in vertically? Being vertical would allow for more boards in a planear region and make it easier to change them out, but it would be kinda tall...

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
gamejunkie said:
Plus you could say your setup pwned everyone else's supergun for free!

Do you think it would be better for the boards to lay flat on top of each other or slide in vertically? Being vertical would allow for more boards in a planear region and make it easier to change them out, but it would be kinda tall...

personally I wouldn't go with the vertical idea. then again... if you have the front as the actual supergun - with all the switches and knobs etc. - and the boards behind - vertically, one behind another (the supergun part would be a small square shaped case attached to a larger block which would house the other boards) it could work.
personally I'd like to take a leaf out of 50's electrodomestic designs. they had some weird things back then. maybe if I could get ahold of a retrofuturistic vacuum cleaner, I could stare at it hard enough until it turned into a supergun.