Blast City Club

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
skate, your Net City has a tri-sync chassis? I thought that was New Net only.

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
skate, your Net City has a tri-sync chassis? I thought that was New Net only.

Yeah Naomi universals are vga only, net cities are tri sync goofs me up a lot too since they look identical now that so many people have chopped unis to look like net cities.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Thanks for the word, guys! I guess my Net is an odd bird; it only does 31k.

But yeah, skate-if you don't scoop one from alberto, I might have an extra at friend prices for you.

I gotta sell my AW stuff 1st tho.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Thanks for the word, guys! I guess my Net is an odd bird; it only does 31k.

But yeah, skate-if you don't scoop one from alberto, I might have an extra at friend prices for you.

I gotta sell my AW stuff 1st tho.

I appreciate that. No worries... I already have a frankenloom under the panel that has both the sega connector and a db15 that I use to plug into a PS360+. If I can get a cable through to the bottom part of the cab that will handle controls.

I figure if I can get the right female power connector (8 pin), a line out converter, and a few other cables / connections, I should be able to JAMMA/JVS it myself pretty easily especially being a dedicated 1 player cab. I've never pulled off the side rails or run cables through them so if someone has tips on that let me know (or we can move this to the net city club).

Also for what it's worth both my net cities are tri sync ms-2933's. I believe the USA NAOMI Universal cabs came with the 2932(?) that's 31khz only.

Last edited:

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
I appreciate that. No worries... I already have a frankenloom under the panel that has both the sega connector and a db15 that I use to plug into a PS360+. If I can get a cable through to the bottom part of the cab that will handle controls.

I figure if I can get the right female power connector (8 pin), a line out converter, and a few other cables / connections, I should be able to JAMMA/JVS it myself pretty easily especially being a dedicated 1 player cab. I've never pulled off the side rails or run cables through them so if someone has tips on that let me know (or we can move this to the net city club).

Also for what it's worth both my net cities are tri sync ms-2933's. I believe the USA NAOMI Universal cabs came with the 2932(?) that's 31khz only.

Looking at the screen, your left rail is probably jammed with wires already so you should be able to fit anything up the right side fairly easy. Rails are just a few screws to loosen, and rails themselves will come off pretty easily, you don't have to slide them all the way up to come off, just pull towards you to get them to (unhinge/unhook).

The Naomi's universals I have seen have all been 2932 like you mentioned, which is slightly more curved then the 2933 tubes and will require different mounts/bezels if you want it to sit flush up to the glass in case anyone is considering switching just a heads up.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I have plenty of wires eunning up the left side of the cab, and a Lem 360 box running up the right, you should zero issue with room.

skate323k137

10 Year Member
Good to know I can use the right rail. That should be clutch. I should be able to tap the high vpp input on the monitor and run that down too. I think I know everything I need to do now, just a matter of having the time and motivation :)

I have both of these cabinets and I agree with what westcb said. Blast for JAMMA stuff, Vewlix for JVS/HD console use. There will be some hoops you need to jump through to get your consoles working in the Vewlix, but I can give you some pointers since I have my Xbox One in mine

Thanks for the help! I look forward to actually participating in future conversations

skate323k137

10 Year Member
yeah, knock that shit off, guys. start another thread for the N/NCs: The folding chair cab club.

Sorry for the unintentional hijack, only came up because I don't have room for a 2nd blast.

Spoiler:
They are damn nice folding chairs though :D
Spoiler:

Also there's a thread already it's just not as loved :'(
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?238274-Naomi-Universal-Net-City-Club

This ^. I can change the yoke wires, but I want the fancy switches.

If it's just two wires, a flip is a really easy circuit with a DPDT switch if you can't find a kit. Fairly certain the wires you'd need to wire it to are documented well in the blast city manual.

Last edited:

NERDtendo

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
If it's just two wires, a flip is a really easy circuit with a DPDT switch if you can't find a kit. Fairly certain the wires you'd need to wire it to are documented well in the blast city manual.

Thanks. I thought my post was long forgotten. I'll make my own if I have to, but I was hoping there was still someone out there who produced them to save me some trouble.

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
Reading all this reminds me I have to chop my Universal. Who wants to stand while playing video games anymore? The fucking thing should have come with adjustable legs.

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
Thanks. I thought my post was long forgotten. I'll make my own if I have to, but I was hoping there was still someone out there who produced them to save me some trouble.

not sue if francob still makes them. might want to ping him.

Jag-Master

"Hey, are we done here?..., Cause I'm losing my bu
15 Year Member
Got a quick question, sorry if it's better suited in the monitor section but being as it's for a Blast City I'd thought I'd try here first.

I've been looking to pick up a spare chassis/monitor for my Blast and came across someone with a Nanao ms 2931 and Rodotron 666B1-29 chassis for sale over on KLOV and we are talking about a sale. As I wait for some pics I thought I'd see if this is exactly what I would need.

From what I've read over on the arcade otaku wiki it sounds like it should be fine. My Blast is currently running the Nanao ms 2930 manual sync and the original Toshiba tube.

Would this be a drop in replacement?

NERDtendo

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
I've been looking to pick up a spare chassis/monitor for my Blast and came across someone with a Nanao ms 2931 and Rodotron 666B1-29 chassis for sale over on KLOV and we are talking about a sale. As I wait for some pics I thought I'd see if this is exactly what I would need.

Hey! You and me both brother. Hopefully one of us snags it (lol).

300wins

Conan The Librarian,
It will work for your tube, just note that it's not a straight in replacement. There are a couple of things you need to do in order to get the Rodotron 666B1-29 working. It's been a long time since I did one and since I don't have anymore ass Blast City, I couldn't tell you the steps to get it working. But it will work. The Nanao MS-2931 should work fine, though the mounting plate might not fit perfectly.