Blast City Club

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
hummm.... linking 2 tate blasts could turn into some really fun shmup or contra action ! Added to my todo list for bragging rights...

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
One of them did come with this, but I have no idea how to use it! I think it was for linking virtua vighter 3, or maybe JVS?

8542381085_343eae593e_o.jpg

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
looks like a jamma pass-through to hook up player2 on another cab. the blast is designed for linking, that's what the 50 pin RA connector on the i/o is for, no need to disconnect shit from your panel ;) but this works too and you got it free .

Capitalistix

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
Okay so, interesting question for y'all. My blast shitty I mean city is lacking the back panel of the marquee area which holds the fluorescent light and screws to the body of the cab. I have been very unlucky in attempting to obtain one, so I said to hell with it and am going to custom fab one myself. I already have another light from a scrapped american cab and I plan on getting a metal sheet, cutting it to size, and drilling holes for the screws. The only problem is, I have none of the original screws so I need to know what size/specs they are. Im assuming theyre metric since everything else on this cab is. Would someone be so kind as to unscrew one and tell me the size and hopefully what metric number screw it is?

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
Okay so, interesting question for y'all. My blast shitty I mean city is lacking the back panel of the marquee area which holds the fluorescent light and screws to the body of the cab. I have been very unlucky in attempting to obtain one, so I said to hell with it and am going to custom fab one myself. I already have another light from a scrapped american cab and I plan on getting a metal sheet, cutting it to size, and drilling holes for the screws. The only problem is, I have none of the original screws so I need to know what size/specs they are. Im assuming theyre metric since everything else on this cab is. Would someone be so kind as to unscrew one and tell me the size and hopefully what metric number screw it is?

looks like a self tapping wood screw. not sure how those are measured. hope this helps.

10282731713_a45ec78d46.jpg

Last edited:
can someone help me wire in my god damn kick buttons? I have the option harness for the control panel, and I wired my cps2 kick harness to the 8pins on the pcb inside the cab and still nothing. what am I missing?

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
did you connect it here?

dsc02733medium.jpg

Also, did you make sure ground is connected correctly? a continuity tester/voltmeter will become your best friend very soon.

yeah connected there. for some reason, p2 heavy and med kick work, thats it.

from top down it goes:

p2 ground
p1 ground
p2 heavy
p1 heavy
p2 medium
p1 medium
p2 light
p1 light

also note, my grounds are good. and for so some reason, when following the diagram on your youtube video about the option loom, my p2 kick buttons that work (5&6) do not match the colors you said were 5&6

Last edited:

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
I'm too lazy for this shit. I run a generic kick harness straight into my A-Board; Capcom I/O; dreamcast or 360 padhack. it's a lot less to worry about;)

props to lem for wiring it up for me as well.

jambitboom

Cham Cham's Banana
yeah connected there. for some reason, p2 heavy and med kick work, thats it.

from top down it goes:

p2 ground
p1 ground
p2 heavy
p1 heavy
p2 medium
p1 medium
p2 light
p1 light

also note, my grounds are good. and for so some reason, when following the diagram on your youtube video about the option loom, my p2 kick buttons that work (5&6) do not match the colors you said were 5&6

I know I've seen issues with bad AMP connectors before, have you tried to wiggle the wires around(at the extra button connection in the CP and at the buttons themselves) with a game in to see if they are just making bad connections?

jambitboom

Cham Cham's Banana
yep tried that, everything else is new also

Time for continuity testing! I will say try one more thing: if your extra button loom is new, I would look to see if it has wires for every slot in the connector. If there are some missing, I would look at the...ah hell, I'm sick of trying to describe this, I'll take some pictures and show what I mean in a minute.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
^That was my thought, notice on giz10p's site there is an option for naomi, but you must select blast/astro before adding to your shopping cart.