Blast City Club

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
Ah. I was starting to figure as much since I have Astro panels with the right mounts. Thanks for the quick reply. Looks like I'll be sticking to JLF for now.

Hey not sure if you have seen these but I think this might work for you. Paradise arcade made them they fit my JLFs.
vydu4y4a.jpg

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
Hey not sure if you have seen these but I think this might work for you. Paradise arcade made them they fit my JLFs.
vydu4y4a.jpg

we know, chempop, the resident shmup/joystick fitting expert has been posting about them:

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?247612-Joystick-Adapter-kickstarter

This kind? With the J2 stereo cable?

yep, that's the one! I have one and while I'll probably never use it, it's nice to have. I DO have the opposite as well (jamma to JVS) and have used it. they work great :D

Last edited:

themisterfalcon

Buriki-One Fight Promoter
15 Year Member
Wow. That plate is really kickass. I ordered two just to have them handy. In the meantime my LS-56 showed up and I'm really digging it. Thanks for all the info!

jt4mtb

Crazed MVS Addict
10 Year Member
I can now say I'm part of the club. I was part of the group buy back in October, but the chassis on the Blast I got was shot. After lots of tinkering and eventually sending it out to be serviced, my cab is now up and running:

IMG_0840R.jpg

Just happy to actually be able to play on it finally.

I've still got an audio issue to work out though. Aside from how the foam on both speakers are rotted to hell, the left audio channel is considerably louder than the right. This is the case for the jamma audio; I don't have a stereo connectors on my loom to test. I tried swapping the left and right connectors as a test, and in that case the right speakers was louder than the left. This rules out the idea of one speaker being shot. What do you guys think?

Stellarola

Fio's Quartermaster
15 Year Member
I picked up a Sega Blast City over the weekend. It originally was a Sega Bass Fishing.

I finally got the rear service door open and....

IMG_1164.JPG

GOOOOOOOOOPED!

Thankfully it still works ok. I'll be cleaning this goop up.

Here's the body as well...

IMG_1161.JPG

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
Ahhhhh the dreaded black goo issue.

Nice score though and looks pretty good from at least 1 side. ;)

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I can now say I'm part of the club. I was part of the group buy back in October, but the chassis on the Blast I got was shot. After lots of tinkering and eventually sending it out to be serviced, my cab is now up and running:

View attachment 12325

Just happy to actually be able to play on it finally.

I've still got an audio issue to work out though. Aside from how the foam on both speakers are rotted to hell, the left audio channel is considerably louder than the right. This is the case for the jamma audio; I don't have a stereo connectors on my loom to test. I tried swapping the left and right connectors as a test, and in that case the right speakers was louder than the left. This rules out the idea of one speaker being shot. What do you guys think?

Possibly one side of the AMP is dying.

Stellarola

Fio's Quartermaster
15 Year Member
Anyone know where I could source a Stereo RCA connector cable for Blast?

Stellarola

Fio's Quartermaster
15 Year Member
You mean you need a 001 Loom?

I actually recently got a 001 loom, but I didn't take a good enough look at it. I'll check when I get home.

EDIT: Looks like I may have found what I was looking from FrancoB...

AudioAdapters.jpg

EDIT: May just DIY with old Model 3 loom...

Last edited:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
If you have a 001 loom then it should have the stereo RCAs on it. No need to makeshift one.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I've got a couple cracks underneath the control panel, one on the left and the right. They are thin but long. Am I right in that the body is made of fiberglass? Has anyone used fiberglass friendly epoxy filler? I was thinking of drilling a couple small holes along the crack to disrupt its path and then fill them up.

Thoughts?

Stellarola

Fio's Quartermaster
15 Year Member
I've got a couple cracks underneath the control panel, one on the left and the right. They are thin but long. Am I right in that the body is made of fiberglass? Has anyone used fiberglass friendly epoxy filler? I was thinking of drilling a couple small holes along the crack to disrupt its path and then fill them up.

Thoughts?

Lachlan,

I came across this video a couple weeks ago. I need to fill in a couple screw holes on my Blast City and found this helpful.

Hope this helps. Yes, epoxy seems to be the way to go.

Last edited:

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Almost every Blast I've seen (+20) has those cracks on each bottom-side of the CP enclosure. I blame fighting game people.

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
their only downfall VS woodies.

I'd love to get this, but I don't want to have to install a "bass city" bracket.

BishiBashiCP.jpg

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Lachlan,

I came across this video a couple weeks ago. I need to fill in a couple screw holes on my Blast City and found this helpful.

Hope this helps. Yes, epoxy seems to be the way to go.

Thanks! Looks like the idea is to widen the hole/crack so you can actually fill it. What I really want to know is how bad could it get.

Yeah I know most blasts will have this, its not the strongest design but hey the funny part is I wouldn't have gotten it into my house if the CP didn't come off ;)